Creating Telepathic Vampires

Chapter 9

“What are you talking about?” Rosalie asked, and then Alice snapped out of her trance and started to giggle, and Edward chuckled with her. Rosalie and the rest of the Cullen’s looked at the two with annoyed expressions, then turned to look at Grace for an explanation.
“Well, my talent is to be able to manipulate plant life, basically anything that grows out of the Earth, I can make changes, or speed up growth or just randomly bring up a whole forest in an instant.” She explained with a happy smile.
“So, what does that have to do with what we’re about to do now?” Emmett asked still confused.
“Well that human over there is Jason and he’s always hassling Abagail here, so we like to have some fun with him using Grace’s talent. It’s very funny to watch when you know what’s going on.” I explained to the Cullen’s.
“So what are we doing?” Rosalie asked all of us. We all looked at Grace as she explained to us what she was going to do telepathically. After she informed us we all turned to each other and laughed just at the thought of what we had planned for Jason.

I used my talent to hear Jason’s thoughts, and just as we had suspected, he was searching for a flower or something to give to Abagail. When Jason had rounded the corner of the canteen and started to approach us with his eyes glued to the flowers around us. But too bad for him the flowers here don’t get taken care of very well, so most of them were spotted or close to being completely withered. I winked to grace and she brought up the most beautiful orchid in one of the garden beds nearby. And in perfect timing he looked at it just as the process of change was over. I listened to his thoughts while I let down my mental barrier so that everyone could hear what he was thinking.

”Oh my gosh! That’s the perfect flower, she’s sure to at least think of me every time she sees a flower like that. Almost there.” Jason thought as he approached the orchid with a huge goofy smile on his face. At this point, Abagail looked as if she would hurl if she could. Jason was now bent over and was reaching out to pick the flower when Grace chose that exact moment before his fingers grasped the stem to suck the flower back into the Earth, then make it reappear a few centimetres away from where his hand still hovered.
”What the? The, the, flower, it, it,” then he said it aloud. “it moved!” he yelled and we all smiled.
“Shut up Jason!” someone yelled in the distance, and at that we all had to try to contain our laughter. At that comment, Jason narrowed his eyes and looked absolutely determined to catch the flower.

Jason was still bent over and took a step toward the flower slowly, as if to test the water before jumping in. He then put one hand out slowly then poked the flower really quickly then jumped back before it would be sucked into the earth again. But nothing happened. He eyed the orchid suspiciously for a few seconds, and then started to saunter over to it. ”Slowly now, then pounce when it least suspects it...ready, now!” Jason thought, and then he suddenly pounced toward the flower, looking as if he was about to crash tackle a person; only in this case, an orchid. Grace sucked the orchid back into the Earth then replaced it with a Daisy. Then Jason came crashing down onto the ground and grabbed the Daisy as he landed. “Yes!” he yelled. He stood up then did some kind of victory dance that looked as if it had been inspired by a sprinkler. He then brought the Daisy up to look at, and his face went to extremely happy with himself, to looking like a completely vague dork. “It was an orchid! Not a Daisy! I don’t want a stinking Daisy! I want an ORCHID!!!” he screamed in frustration as he threw the daisy onto the ground and started jumping on it. “Stupid, stupid Daisy!” he continued.
“Shut up Jason you sissy!” the same guy yelled from around the corner of the canteen. By now, everyone under the cedar tree was laughing so hard, but no one compared to the booming laughter rolling off of Emmett. Jason stopped jumping on the now withered Daisy and turned around to walk away in shame.
“Bloody flowers are getting to my head. Mum always said that my imagination...” he muttered as he walked away which made us all start giggling again.

“What a sissy indeed,” Emmett chuckled to himself.
“Indeed, today he gave up pretty quickly compared to other days, but this is the first time he’s actually tried to pounce onto a flower.” Abagail chuckled, and everyone joined in as well.
“So what’s this Baseball game got anything to do with thunder and lightning Emmett?” Charlotte asked when there was a silence when everyone was catching their breath.
“Well, why don’t we all meet at our place tonight, then we’ll all drive out to a huge open field somewhere around here. Then it’s game on.” Jasper suggested
“That’s perfect! You guys come to our place at eight tonight, and come dressed in something appropriate to play baseball in.” Rosalie suggested.
“Actually, let’s go straight to the mall after school and buy matching uniforms. Then me and Rosalie will drive to our place, with you guys following in your own cars.” Alice suggested with a huge smile.
“We don’t need matching informs now do we?” I asked, but as soon as I stopped talking Alice’s mouth was open to debate my opinion, or more accurately cancel it out.
“Yes we do! It’s a wonderful idea! Okay, the bell’s going to ring in ten seconds and so the plan is we get through this last class then meet each other in the car park. Then it’s shopping!” She squealed excitedly, then right on cue, the bell rang. I was honestly impressed.
“Did you sync your watch to the bell Alice?” I asked out of curiosity due to her precise estimate of the bell. But then I noticed she wasn’t wearing one when I glanced to her wrists.
“No, I can see into the future, but it’s not always definite because my talent works around people’s decisions. So if someone’s decision changes, then my vision will change what that person’s actions will bring.” She brushed off as she slung her bag over her shoulder.
“Damn, why does everyone get a better talent than me?” Rhi puffed angrily as we all walked together to Media class.
“Why, what’s you talent Rhi?” Alice asked out of curiosity.
“I can only change the colour of inanimate objects, but once I managed to change my fingernails to a slight purple colour. But I’m still working on that, it’s a lot harder than it looks. But you guys get awesome talents, for example you Alice, you get visions of the future, Edward can hear peoples thoughts, Charlotte can control weather patterns, Grace can manipulate the environmental habitat around her. Then Abagail has the ability to make someone freeze in place, but not literally freeze, they can just no longer move around until she unlocks their muscles. Zona and Hester have the ability to create a mirage, and then Genevieve can change her body appearance to look like someone else, and Maira can just about do anything she bloody wants to! And then whoopdy doo, I can change the colour of an inanimate object.” She said as she rolled her eyes.
“Don’t be so negative Rhi, that’s a very original talent. I bet if you kept working on it, you could possibly use it as a mental defence against an enemy. You could maybe manipulate their retina so that they can only see the colour that you allow them to see, that way they won’t be able to see a thing, and will be completely defenceless. Keep working on it.” Alice said to cheer up Rhi.
“Actually, that doesn’t sound too bad and sounds quite possible as well. Keep practicing.” I said in an attempt to cheer her up, and it worked.
“That would be awesome; I’m going to try that. I mean, think about it, I would be able to stop people in their tracks. I can’t wait to master my power to that level if it were possible. Look out girls.” She smiled and all of us gulped. Rhi was scary enough when she knew kickboxing, but soon enough she won’t even need that. Alice, Charlotte, Abagail, Hester, Rhi and I walked to media together with nothing but the shopping spree on our minds.

We arrived at our media class before the teacher, so we waited outside the classroom with the rest of the class. Ms. Cutting soon made it to the classroom and we all followed suit into the classroom and took places at our own computer.

None of us really paid much attention to our media teacher; we were just fooling around on the computers. Namely uploading pictures from our phones and then manipulating them for fun. I don’t know why we bother buying mobile phones for ourselves because we honestly don’t need them when we have telepathy skills to communicate. And the best thing, it’s free! Before we knew the bell rang to signal the end of a school day, we gathered our things and headed towards the car park.

Something told me we’re in for a fun time tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are better than pouncing on daisy's X)