Sequel: The Heart Never Lies

All About You

Chapter 14

Loud footsteps slowly brought me out of my sleep and I groaned inwardly. I stretched as I turned over on my stomach and sighed contently to myself.

Then the footsteps came closer and stopped.

“Danny! Where’s Syd-Oh…”

My eyes shot open and I sat up in realization.

Tom looked at me in shock, “Why are you… down here… in Danny’s room?”

Danny began to stir and I blushed bright red.

“I came down to talk to him and then I got sleepy so I slept here and I swear nothing happened!” I explained in panic.

“What’s going on?” Danny drowsily asked as he sat up. His eyes fell on me and then Tom, his lips forming an ‘o’ shape.

I started to panic again. “Oh, Tom! I swear nothing happened! You did see that we were on opposite ends of the bed right? Oh please don’t tell James!”

Tom suddenly burst into laughter and my face went from fear to confusion.

“Harry! Dougie! I found her!” he yelled upstairs while laughing.

More footsteps sounded through the house and they stopped when Harry and Dougie stood by Tom. They, too, began to laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“It looks like the two of you made up fast,” Dougie snickered.

I scowled and got out of Danny’s bed. “I will tell you the same thing I told Tom; nothing happened!”

The three boys laughed harder and I frowned.

I turned to Danny and smiled a little, “Thanks again, Danny.”

He nodded and then I left, but not without hearing Dougie and Harry mimic me.

“Jerks…” I grumbled to myself.

“Sydney!” Tom called from downstairs. “James just pulled up!”

“‘Kay!” I yelled back. I watched Danny straighten my hair for me in the mirror for a second and then I whined. “Hurry up, Danny!”

Danny looked back at me through the mirror, “Do you want me to burn you?”

“Well, no, but-”

“Then shut up and let me finish.”

I pouted, but obeyed and then a minute later he finished.

“There,” he smiled, putting away the hair-straightener and making me look at him. “I think I did a good job.”

“Even though it’s weird having a guy do my hair, you did do good and thank you so much!” I kissed his cheek and then made my way out of the bathroom. “I’ll see you when I get back!”

I rushed down to the living room where the other boys, minus James, were sitting around.

“Nice job, Danny” Dougie complimented, snickering at the thought of Danny doing my hair.

Danny came into the living room and bowed. “Thank you. Thank you. I pride myself in my work.”

“And you did great,” I smiled, opening the front door. “I’ll see y’all later.”

“Don’t stay out too late!” Tom called out to me as I jogged out the door to meet James in his car.

“Got it!” I waved and then disappeared into James’ car.

“Hey,” he smiled at me. “Nice hair.”

“Oh, thanks! Danny did it for me. I’m glad he didn’t spike it like he did yours once,” I grinned.

James chuckled at the memory and then we started our journey to our destination.

“So where are we going?” I asked, curiously.

He shrugged, “A restaurant with good food.”

“You mean, you don’t know where we’re going?” I smirked.

“No, I know exactly where we’re going.”

“Okay,” I replied as I looked out the window at the passing scenery.

James drove around for what seemed like forever and then the car finally stopped at a familiar restaurant, McDonald’s.

I snickered, “We are living well.”

He blushed, “I know that you’ll eat here so I didn’t want to take you somewhere where you wouldn’t like the food.”

“Yay fast food!” I cheered, hopping out of the car. “Let’s go eat!”

James chuckled and also got out of the car. “I didn’t think you’d be this excited for fast food.”

I grinned at James, “They have cheap, but good food and I can get fat happily.”

“You are a strange bird.”

“Stop talking and get in there so I can get fat!” I laughed, getting behind James and pushing him towards the door.

He laughed, grabbed my hand, and then led me inside. All I did was stare at our hands and think about how they didn’t seem to fit right. Then James’ voice brought me back to reality and I pushed my thoughts away for dinner.

“I can’t believe you ate all that food,” James chuckled when we were back on the road heading to a new location.

“I told you I wanted to get fat,” I smiled and then frowned when I pat my stomach. “Sadly, it’s all gonna go to the thighs.”

“You were the one who was happy to get fat.”

I grinned, “I know. I’m just saying it’s all gonna go to my thighs.”

James glanced at me from the corner of his eyes, “You won’t get fat.”

“Yeah huh,” I protested like a child.

I saw him roll his eyes, “Look at yourself. You couldn’t get fat even if you tried.”

Crossing my arms, I pouted. “Just wait. It’ll all catch up to me when I hit twenty-one.”

James pulled up to the side of the road and stopped the car. “Whatever.”

“Where are we?” I questioned as I looked out the window.

“Come on,” James simply said, getting out of the car.

I followed after him. “But where are we?”

His hand found mine and I noticed the oddity of it as he spoke to me. “We’re at a park, silly. Can’t you tell?”

I looked at my surroundings and blushed when I found a couple playgrounds. “Now I can.”

James chuckled and started leading me towards the fountain.

I knew that he was trying to create a romantic atmosphere, but I really didn’t want that, so I decided to play around with James.

“Hey, James,” I said.

“Yeah?” he turned to look at me.

Smirking, I suddenly started running. “Catch me!”

“Oh! So you wanna play that way?” James called to my retreating figure. “You’re not getting away that easily!”

I screamed and headed for the swings, but after eating a very large and unhealthy dinner, I was tiring out too fast. When I reached the swings, I huffed and plopped myself on a seat. James caught up to me and smirked down at me.

“Too much food in your stomach?”

“Oh shush,” I lightly punched his stomach.

James squatted in front of me, grabbing the chains of the swing, and gazed at me intensely.

“Are you having fun with me?” he asked.

“Yeah. I mean, you’re fun to be around so of course I’m having fun. Do you think I’m not having fun or something?”

“No. I was just wondering.”

“Oh. Okay,” I smiled and then turned my head to watch the fountain in the distance.

After a few seconds, I turned back around and found his face a little too close for comfort. I jumped and with my terrible luck, I fell off the swing. My mind started to panic, wondering if he was trying to kiss me or not, and then I heard James chuckle.

“Thanks for asking if I was okay,” I said flatly.

“Are you okay?” he asked me through his snickers.

Standing up, I dusted myself off. “Yeah. I think it’s time we head back though.”

I felt bad, but things were getting too awkward for me.

“Aw! But we just got here!” James whined.

“Well, I’m getting tired and I promised McFly I’d listen to their practice to help them fix it up,” I lied.

James sighed, “Fine, but you owe me.”

“Um, okay.”

“Let’s get you back then.”

Inside my head I sighed and tried my best to hide my anxiety to get back home. I really wanted to see Danny and talk to him.

We got back into James’ car and then we made our way back to the McFly house in almost total silence.

James pulled up next to the house and stopped the car. We sat in silence for a minute and I prayed to get out.

“I’ll call you sometime, okay?” James smiled at me.

I smiled back, hiding my uneasiness, “Okay.”

James gazed at me like before and panic slowly seeped into my mind. I started to freak out over what he was thinking and I was really wishing I was mean enough to leave at that moment.

My thoughts began to float around my brain frantically and before I could collect them,
James leaned towards me and kissed me.

Instantly thoughts of Danny ran through my head, but with my brain being unorganized, I couldn’t react. Then my body went into auto-pilot and everything ended in a split second.

I stared awkwardly at James, my fingers covering his lips. “Uh, I need to, um, go… now.”

Without another word, I scrambled out of the car and raced inside the house, leaving a very confused and hurt James behind.

I instantly dropped everything in the middle of the living room and ran to the first person I thought of.

“Danny!” I screamed, tears falling down my face as I stumbled downstairs to his room.

I can’t do this…
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said I'd wait for ten comments, but a couple of you are begging me to post. Now for sure I won't post the sequel till I get 10 comments. No matter how much you beg and plead, I will only post the sequel when I get 10 comments. So give me your opinions on the story and/or the chapter. Thanks guys. :D