Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 11

It was midnight when I woke back up, and I nudged a package with my toes as I tried to scramble under the blanket.

It was a box of orange chicken, my favorite Chinese food of all time.

"Ooh, yum," I garbled groggily, snatching the box, and taking a bite of it.

I had to set them aside before I fell asleep again.

I was up at the crack of dawn, at 6:15.

Once more, over the toilet, hurling my intestines.

"Gross!" I objected, flushing it down.

I threw all of my junk back into the suit case, elbowing it closed.

I decided to skip breakfast completely, and put my luggage outside.

"Hey Jason?" I caught Jason Berry's elbow.

"Yeah?" he smiled at me, his grizzly face wrinkled in a friendly manner.

"Umm, could I buy some cigs at the gas station when we stop? I know normally you get the stuff, but I wanna get it myself. I feel bad with you doing all the dirty work," I patted his forearm.

"Sure, if you really want to," he gave me a befuddled shrug.

"Thanks," I stood by my bag, enduring the urge to be completely impatient.

Something was up, and I needed to be precise.

"Wow, you were ready before we were!" Jimmy exclaimed, lugging out his valise, sporting tight leather jeans, a white tee shirt with a Jack Daniels logo on the front, and a poofy dark blue jacket with fur on the hood.

"I'm taking it's supposed to be cold in Hampton?" I cringed inwardly at the memory of freezing Denver.

"Yep. Maybe colder than Colorado," he laughed.

"I doubt it. Vermont isn't that cold in the winter," Zacky argued gleefully, the rest of the gang behind him.

"Let's go, guys," Matt waved at Matt Berry, who would follow us to Vermont, then beckoned us.

When we had checked out of the hotel, we boarded the bus.

"Is there any beers left?" Syn threw his bags down.

"I don't think so...Johnny drank like a fish before we got to the hotel," Zacky gave a provoked glare to Short Shit.

"I did not," he bit back.

"Oh, shut up, you peckerheads!" Jason hooted before revving up the bus engine.

I threw my stuff into the cubby above my bunk.

"You might wanna put something warmer on before we arrive in Hampton," Matt suggested.

"I know," I smiled at him faintly.

I stood on my knees on my bunk, rumpling through my clothes for a pair of boots and a warm jacket to go with my jeans and long sleeved red plaid shirt.

I played Guitar Hero after that with Zack, Johnny, and Syn, beating only Johnny.

I think he let me win though, so to me, it wasn't a fair game.

I had a whole box of orange juice to myself, draining it all, harboring all the pee I could.

I felt slightly like Juno, except her situation was loads better than mine.

At around twelve, Jason stopped at a station, and I raced out, flying through the doors, and frantically scanning the shelves for pregnancy tests.

I spotted a few beside the toilet paper, and I took one.

I paid for it in a tizzy, scared one of the guys would walk in and see me with it.

I asked for cigarettes while I was at it, and then entered the ladies' room.

I took out the stick, and hovered over it, releasing my weight's worth of juice.

When I was done, I set it on top of the toilet paper dispenser, and waited.

I glared at it, then eyed it with desperation.

Please say negative, please say negative...I prayed, crossing my fingers.

With shaking hands, I picked up the test.

I peeked down at it, my heart hammering outrageously in my chest.

It was a pink plus sign.

Positive again...

Oh my God...

I knew my answer for sure now: I was pregnant.

And as to who the father was, I still didn't have a fucking clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know whatcha thunk! :D