Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 12

I threw the test away, tears filling my vision.

I left the bathroom, brushing past people, and running outside into the bus.

Cigarettes in hand, I chunked them in a random direction.

"Merry Christmas," I tried to sound happy to whoever I'd thrown it at.

I climbed into my bed, and wrapped myself into a ball.

This could not be seriously happening.

Well, of course it was, but I just didn't want to believe it was happening.

Why did I have to be such a whore and not know who the father was?

It would have been easier if I had known.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard on the other side of my curtain.

Go away! I thought bitterly.

"Iono. Just leave her alone, I guess," Jimmy concluded.

Livid tears skidded down my cheeks, and I bit on my lip, crushing the sobs in my throat.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

I was irritated terribly; it was enough to where I wanted to scratch my face off.

While I was drenching my bed in tears, I slept in the midst of it.

"Cait, you wanna come in the concert hall? It probably feels alot better than it will in here," Syn's fingers were stroking my face, moving curls from my face.

"Is it okay if I just sleep? I don't feel good."

And for once in my life, I'd actually told the truth.

"Fine. But take my blankets and bundle up at least, alright?" he left me, and came back with blankets.

"Thank you," I took them, and tried to fluff them out around me.

Syn ended up helping me, and then gave me a placid peck on my hairline.

"G'night, baby girl," he whispered.

"Night."

***

The dream that visited the recesses of my head was awful.

It left imprints in my memory, pictures I haven't been able to forget to this day.

The dream was of me convulsing on the bus floor, trembling and vibrating all over the place, and my stomach moving satanically, like an animal instead of a baby was inside my womb.

It felt like it was trying to claw itself out of me.

Jimmy, Syn, Zacky, Johnny, and Matt all stood around, Jimmy between my legs, encouraging me to get it out.

I remember screaming, screeching and bawling in misery, and smushing Zack's hand.

"What the hell is that?" Jimmy cried, jumping up, and waving the rest of the guys away from me.

"What is what?" I wailed, sitting up to see what the commotion was about.

I looked between my legs, and revulsion made me shudder.

The baby lay on the floor, shrieking coming from it, but there was no mouth for sound to come out of.

There were unrefined indentions in the pint-sized face, shallow holes where eyes, a nose, and a pair of lips should have been.

I lurched awake, a strident gasp exploding from me.

Eyes wide, I looked around for the guys.

They weren't there, but then I recalled that we were in Hampton.

I staggered out of bed, and found a clock.

5:45 P.M.

There were about five hours until their last show would be over, and I didn't know what to do besides sleep.

I glanced around, then agreed with myself that the bus needed a good cleaning.

I washed the countertops down, cleaned out Jason's trash at the driver's seat, chunked the empty bottles into a nearby dumpster, put clothes away, swept, and made beds.

Even when the task was succeeded, there was yet four more hours left.

Cheetos sound good, I thought, getting up on the counter to look for chips.

Instead of discovering Cheetos, I found chocolate chip cookies.

"Yummy," I planted my rear on a couch, and didn't move a muscle until the cookies were gone.

"Damn, I'm getting fat," I pinched my stomach.

I wonder why, something spiteful ridiculed.

My almost good mood vanished, went bibbidy bobbidy boo.

I gave a shrill "UGH!" and let my head thunk on the back of the couch.

I was an impassive stone, still in the exact same spot when hoops and hollers came into the bus.

"That was so much fucking fun!" Matt chuckled his goofy laugh.

"Yeah, I wish every show was like that!" Johnny sounded like he was a touch three swallows past the beer.

"I'm ready to fucking sleep," Syn gingerly set his guitar down, yawning.

"Go to sleep, bro," Zack gave him a sideways hug.

"Cait, do we need to take you to a doctor?" Matt grinned down into my face.

"Nah. Just shoot me and get it over with," I grumbled.

Literally, I silently added.

"You won't be sick for long. It'll be okay," he patted my forehead.

All sounds left, diminished to whispers, hinting that everyone had gone to bed.

"Boo," Johnny was seated adjacent to me.

I jumped, and widened my eyes.

"Johnny! You scared me," I gave a half hearted giggle.

"Sorry. I wanted to ask your opinion though," he revealed, his arms behind his back.

"Okay," I raised my eyebrow apprehensively at him.

"Which one do you think Lacey will like? The diamond, or sapphire?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I laughed, thinking my zombie state was making me deaf.

"Which would my girlfriend like, diamond or sapphire?" he held out to open jewelry cases, one with a diamond necklace, the stone huge, and the other a deep sapphire, blue and the jewel shaped like a heart, reminding me of the necklace in the movie, The Titanic.

I couldn't get my tongue to move.

I blinked stupidly at him, his eyes waiting for me to answer.

Johnny had a girlfriend?

And I'd fucked him while he was with her?

So, that made him a cheater.

And even worse, that made me an even bigger slut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another! Lawl