Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 13

"You should give her the sa-sapphire," I found my voice, and forced it past the lump in my throat.

"Okay. Thanks, Cait!" he grinned, then wandered off to the back of the bus.

Johnny had a girlfriend?

And I hadn't been three quarters of an inch to being able to grasp it?

How could I have been so ignorant to him?

I should have known; men are crafty to the extreme.

I shouldn't be upset...In fact, I should be feeling sick for screwing with Johnny when he has a girlfriend, I thought.

But...What were those little nagging razors snapping its jaws at my jealousy veins?

If I wasn't upset, then how come I hated this Lacey girl, and I didn't even know her?

***

Sunny Cali was much more appreciated than cold Vermont.

"Fuck yeah, boys! We're home!" Jason bellowed from the front of the bus.

Jimmy, Zacky, Syn, Johnny, Matt, and I pushed up against the windows, our lungs and nostrils deliriously craving for the aroma of salty air.

"I missed this place," the California sun highlighted Matt's hair with gold, and his pale face anew with the lurid beams.

"Me too," I took in the buildings, the beaches, sunlight, skaters, and housing areas.

I looked up at the traffic sign on the main highway, my body animated with the letters spelling "Pacific Coast".

A sign bearing Huntington Beach greeted our eyes as we drove by it, and farther in the distance, we could see the guys' homes.

Mine was in the middle of town, and pretty close to theirs.

Jason brought the bus to a stop, and stood by the door.

I grabbed my bags, then stepped out of the bus, gazing up at the guys from my walkway, then gave a wave before I headed to my front door.

I wiggled out my key, then stepped in when it was unlocked.

The atmosphere in the house was dry, arid, and it smelled closed in, like a storage garage.

"Yuck," I threw a window open, then switched my light on, the ceiling fan sending down coolness.

I decided to ditch my things, and call my best friends in the whole world, Joslyn and Kimper.

Joslyn Townsend was the only girl I wouldn't trust with a knife.

Kimper Bridges was just about ditzy.

And by "just about", I mean one hundred percent.

"Joslyn?" I asked when the phone was picked up.

"This is Kimper, but I'll answer for her," Kimp's chirpy voice brightened my mood.

"Hey KB! It's me, Cait!"

I always felt majorly ecstatic when I spoke to my friends.

"Cait! You're back! I missed you!" KB cried.

In the background, I heard Joss scream, "I missed you too, bitch!"

I giggled.

"Umm, would it be cool if we meet somewhere? Maybe go shopping or some shit?" I didn't want to be cooped up in the house.

"Sure. Why not?" KB paused, "urr...what time?"

"Now. At Tiki Stand," I ordered with a smile.

"Where we going? Where we going?" I heard Joslyn's frantic, hyper squirrel tone farther away.

"Would you gimme a sec, you crazy dildo! Will do. Be right there," KB hung up.

I giggled, and changed into a more casual outfit, shorty shorts, a pink tank top, and some tan flip flops.

I shoved my shades on when I stepped out the door, then relocked the door back.

I made it to the Tiki Stand in less than ten minutes, and I selected a patio table to sit at, enjoying the feel of the warm breezes, the feel of the sand in between my toes, inaudible crashes of the ocean, and the sun on my back.

Still yet, even my hometown couldn't keep my worries at bay.

I recalled that my last time with any of the guys was with Johnny.

Starting today, I'm gonna stop myself from doing anything else with ANY of them, I firmly incenorated into my brain.

Yeah...Right..You say that every time, my second conscience snorted haughtily.

I rolled my eyes, and sighed.

Let's not make a fool of ourself, Caitlyn, I saw the weird glances I was getting from people walking by.

"It's Cat!" I heard the familiar, hyped voice of Joslyn.

"Chillax, dude!" KB giggled as Joss ran by her, and almost tackled me out of the beach chair.

"Yeah. I'm not going anywhere for awhile," I patted Joss's back as she squeezed me to death.

Kimper hugged me, and then they sat across from me.

"So how was the tour? I'm really freakin' happy you're home!" Joslyn flipped her short bangs out of her eyes.

Growing up with Joss was unforgetable.

Her strange habits and weird styles in hair and clothes had carried on with her in adulthood.

She had her hair a blood red, her hunter green eyes were outlined in electric blue eyeliner, and she had on hot pink skinny jeans, a Joker tee, and hot pink boots.

Her arms were covered in tattoos, and her lips studded with the snakebites she'd wanted since the early years of high school.

"I'm glad to be home too..I missed you guys. It's strange being on a bus with nothing but guys," I widened my eyes, and rubbed my forehead.

"Stressful, eh? Least they're cute!" gushed Kimper, her normally dirty blonde hair ebony black, her face whiter than a sheet.

Her delicate left eyebrow had a silver ring in it, something her Mother Darling would never have approved of.

Her attire was baggy black jeans, a lime green shirt with a My Chemical Romance hoodie over it.

On her little feet she had hot pink flats.

"It is...Well..." I felt yet another round of conflictions pummel my mind.

"They are!" Kimper laughed.

"So, do you guys want something to eat?" I grabbed a menu, looking at it, trying to keep my freight train thoughts from crashing out of my ears.

"Umm..I'm not hungry. But I want a raspberry tea!" Joss gripped the table, and gave a mega watt grin.

"Ooh, a cherry Pepsi sounds awesome right now," Kimper laughed at Joss.

"Okay. I'll get a hamburger...Maybe a ice cream cone...Oh, or some cheese fries!"

Inwardly, I chidded myself for acting so "pregnant-ish" around them.

"What?" I grinned at them.

"I never can get over how hungry tours make you," Kimper shook her head at me.

"Oh, yeah.." I remembered how they did starve me and I came home dying from hunger.

Exaggeration. Thought I'd through that in there.

"Get whatever you want, I just think it's funny," Joss smoothed over her unbare arms.

I ended up buying all three of the things I mentioned, and a milkshake.

"Are you done yet?" Kimper and Joss's eyes were wide as they watched me.

"Umm..yeah," I smiled, picking up my trash.

"Let's go to the beach and talk," Joss suggested.

"Aight," we linked arms.

We came to a secluded stretch of white sand, and we took off our shoes.

"You know something?" Kimper glanced at Joss fertuatively across me.

"What?" I watched the cool water slosh on our feet, and the light shimmered off the waves in glittering rolls.

"Kristen is pregnant," Joss revealed.

"What?" I felt blood drain from my face, thinking that she had said I was pregnant.

Then I realized that they were talking about one of our older friends from high school.

"Yeah...It's Mikey Way's..I was soooo shocked," Kimper said sarcastically.

"Wow. That's insane!" I grabbed a hot rock, and tossed it from hand to hand.

"Uh huh. But it's not really that hard to expect...They're always together...Sometimes, I wonder if they take shits together!" Joss held Kimper's hand and squeezed, pretending to drop a chalupa.

I busted up laughing, my stomach muscles tightening and hurting after about five minutes of laughing.

"Oooh..my...God," I rasped, gasping.

"That was so funny," Kimper's cheeks were red.

"And you know what else?"

I looked at Kimper.

"If I were you, I'd fuck everyone of the A7X boys!" she admitted.

"I don't see why you don't," Joss grinned evilly.

"Fuck," I whispered, tears stinging my eyelids, our conversation egging on my guilt.

"What? What's wrong?" Kimper's dark eyes were worried.

"Yeah. What the fuck? Mood swings," Joss had her bottom lip in her mouth, chewing on metal.

"You guys..." I felt a tear fall down my face and hit my arm.

"Yeah?" Joss got up and went to my other side, putting her arm around my waist.

"I have to tell you something...But please, please, don't hate me."
♠ ♠ ♠
^.^ You guys are so awesome! Okay, so some of you are wondering what Cait has to do with A7X....Well, she's their tour manager basically. Hehe.

Others are wondering how long she'll be able to keep this up.

Not for long, my friends, not for long...Hehe. Thank you for the comments, for reading, and subscribers! I love you like cheesesticks!