Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 17

"Wake up!" Syn's voice was in my ear, and I startled myself in thinking that we were still on the tour bus.

"Matt wants us over at his house pronto! He's having a barbeque...Sounds weird to say because winter's not over yet, but hey, people are on the beach during Christmas," Syn laughed, rubbing my cheek.

"Oh..Okay." I let my blanket fall, and I had forgotten I was nude.

I saw Syn's lusty smile, and crossed my arms over them.

"You don't have to hide. I've seen them before," he laughed.

"You might wanna leave in case someone shows up," I told him, an agonizingly sharp slice was slit into my heart.

I didn't want him to go.

"I know," he held open his arms, and I crawled onto his lap, letting him cradle me like a baby.

"Happy Birthday," he said, planting a kiss on my temple.

"Thanks," I stared into his eyes longingly.

If only I knew he wouldn't be angry, I'd tell him every little detail.

I hated lying to him.

"Cheer up! I'll come back," he smiled, tickling my armpits.

I squirmed, letting out a giggle.

"Okay. I'll see you there, I guess," I gave him a hopeful kiss.

"Okay." He stood, and he must of gotten dressed before he'd woken me up.

"Bye, Cait," he left the bedroom, and through the quiet, I heard the front door shut as well.

I gave a groan, flopping back onto my pillows.

About ten minutes following, I got a shower, and put on a baby blue sun dress with baby yellow, light orange, and pink dots on it.

I slid into yellow flip flops, and slid on pink shades.

Why did Matt have to drag me out at the God awful hour of eleven? I thought darkly as I passed the clock over the oven.

Shutting the door behind me, I decided to drive to Matt's, fatigue wearing me down.

Brian had slept longer than me, drifting to slumber almost immediately after midnight.

I had lain awake for hours, things weighing largely on my conscience.

My mind had been hay wire, like an incursion in a bank.

I was wanting to just confess, get it over with.

Matt's house was roughly the same size as mine, but his walkway wasn't as decorated.

I could hear Pantera blasting, the chords of Walk making me want to head bang.

"Ello, Cait!" Matt greeted warmly, holding prongs and wearing shorts, nothing else.

"Hey," I stepped up to him, "you and Johnny not trying to rip each other's throats out?"

"Yeah, we're cool," he said, his smile giving off hints that when he decided to get Johnny back, it'd be hell to pay.

"How are you this morning?" he held the sliding glass door open for me.

"I'm good. You?"

The patio had a picnic table with a pale blue table cloth over it.

Such feminine touchs, I noted, my heart giving a sudden lurch.

"I've been awesome..Mom's doing fine..And you won't be the only girl here today," Matt stated, giving my hand a pump, then opened the grill.

Steak reached my nose, and my pregnancy hunger hit me like I'd been smacked by a bus.

"Really? That's a relief," I joked.

"Hah, yeah. Johnny's girlfriend," he said.

"Matt! I hope these potatoes are okay...Johnny wouldn't leave them alone," a tiny, slender girl held a bowl, and set it onto the table, a scowl aimed for Johnny.

She's beautiful...No wonder he's with her, I thought, guilt causing my eyes to swim.

Johnny snaked his hands around her, placing a kiss on her cheek.

She smiled, and showed a set of white teeth.

Her black hair was layered, shorter in the back, and spiked, her green eyes glittered.

"Oh, Cait," Johnny's voice lulled me from my thoughts, "this is Lacey."

He settled his chin on her shoulder, his eyes square with mine.

"Hello, Caitlyn. I've heard alot about you from the guys," she went up to me, and embraced me.

"Hi," I mustered the ability to smile, and make it half way real.

My first impression of her was that there wasn't a mean bone in her body.

She grinned, moving some hair out of my face.

"You're so pretty!" she gushed, her eyebrow ring glinting in the sun.

I blushed.

"So, how's it feel to be around a bunch of guys for a long tour?" Lacey stepped back, and sat at the table.

She patted a spot next to her, and I sat.

Lacey was extremely easy to get along with.

"Well, it's never a dull moment," I gave, grinning.

"Hah! I wouldn't doubt that," she looked at Johnny and Jimmy, trying to hit each other, then widening her eyes at me.

I giggled.

"You've lived here your whole life?" Lacey questioned, moving her bangs out of her face.

"No..I did til I was 13, but then I went to Arkadelphia. I met some really amazing people...But after graduation, me and two of my besties moved here...Been here since," I felt like a babbler when I'd stopped talking.

"Besties? That's so cute!" she clapped her hands.

"What's cute? Other than you, of course," Johnny sat behind her, then his hands clasped together under her breasts.

"Johnny," she laughed, "we were just talking about how she'd come to live here."

I gave a faulty smile as Johnny kissed her, acting lovey dovey.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I lied, sounding apologetic before disappearing into the bathroom.

I shut the door, and hovered over the toilet seat, nausea making me dry heave.

When I finally puked, I felt better.

At least Lacey was nice, I told myself as I washed my hands.

And trusting...Way too trusting.

Lacey was the kind of girl who didn't deserve to be hurt.

I went back outside, and Syn, Zacky, Jimmy, Matt, Johnny and Lacey were surrounding the table.

"Come on! Food's ready!" Zacky held a beer up, a giant grin on his lips.

***
"Did I mention that Lacey's going to school to be a hairdresser?" Johnny gave Lacey another one of those love struck looks.

"At least a hundred times," Matt grinned around the table.

"No," I said politely; I had never heard the story.

"Yeah..I'm nervous because tomorrow I've got to dye someone's hair as a test," Lacey bit her lower lip.

An idea blossomed in my head.

"You can dye my hair...If you have anything with you," I offered.

Not near enough to apologize with, but it's a start, I took a sip of my Coke.

"Really? OhMyGod! I have hair dye with me!" she sprung up from her spot, and was like a speeding bullet into the house.

"You're brave, Cait," Jimmy cackled.

"It's cool, I need a new look," I shoved my hair on my back.

"Cait, you are really freakin' awesome!" Lacey took a strand of my hair.

"And you don't gotta worry, I have a straightener, all that," she added.

"Alright...Wanna get started?" I couldn't help but smile at her excited face.

"Sure. Come with me."

***
"Imma put a towel over your head. You're my art," she stated proudly; I could sort of see her through the white towel.

"Come here! You have to see it!" she hissed at what I guessed were the guys.

"You didn't mess her hair up, did you?" Syn said in a kidding tone.

"No! It looks pretty!" Lacey argued, her hand on the top of my head.

"Just show us," Jimmy said with a laugh.

The towel was lifted, and all of the guys stared.

"What?" I inquired, a little bit hesitant.

"You're fuckin' white as a ghost!" Syn claimed, his eyebrows bunched into his forehead.

"It looks cool," Zacky raised his beer at me.

"Yeah...It's definitely a different look," Johnny agreed.

"Can I see a mirror, Lacey?"

She fretfully handed me one, her face scared and it seemed like the slightest negative word would bring her to tears.

"It's not bad!" I exclaimed, fluffing it out in the mirror.

"I'm a tad bit pale, but that's okay!" I honestly loved it.

"So...You like?" she was wringing her hands.

"I love it!" I praised her, giving her the mirror back.

Her child like face burst into a broad smile.

"Yay! I did good!"

"Yes," I stood and gave her a hug.

"There's an emergency in the dining room," Syn poked his head into the kitchen.

"Hmm...Wonder what that's about," Lacey linked arms with me.

We entered the kitchen, then was yelled at from behind me and in front.

"Happy Birthday!" everyone shouted.

There was a huge cake on the table, and some presents next to it.

"You guys!" I stressed, letting Lacey drag me to the table.

Jimmy held out a chair for me, and I was seated in front of the cake, a big number 2 and 5 candles lit.

"Make a wish, God damnit!" Syn grinned.

I shut my eyes, and imagined myself free of my burdens.

I blew out the flames.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments! Keep them up, they be loved! xD