Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 18

"Cait, look what I found! All these pictures from high school! Rev looks fuckin' fruity!" Zacky strided into the living room, where I was organizing my movies out of boredom.

"Do what?" I smiled at him, propping a hand on my hip.

"They're from when me and the guys were in high school," he explained, sitting on the couch, shuffling through pictures.

"Aww, look at Matt! He was so bare then," I remarked of his artless body in the photograph.

"Yeah..We all were," he interceded, handing me a stack to reminise on.

"Uh huh," I giggled at Johnny who had dark brown hair cut funny, bowl like.

"That haircut made him look like a turtle," he leaned closer to me, his scent of cigarettes and something kinda smelling like Axe waffing over to me.

"Oh well, he was a cute turtle!" I playfully punched his shoulder.

He raised one eyebrow at me.

"I wish you would've been with us when we were growing up..It would've been really..." he sought for the right word, "fuckin'...awesome."

He laughed.

"Yeah. It would have," I admitted.

Maybe then, I'd fall in love with just one..

He shifted through pictures, the noise of the objects the only thing moving in the room for a few minutes.

"Cait..." I felt his breath on me before his lips actually came in contact with mine.

I kissed him back, saying fuck it.

Fuck trying to keep my secret.

Who needs secrets?

Who needs a liar?

"Cait!!!! Tomorrow, you've-"

Matt's voice stopped, and I heard the danger thrive in the air, slithering against the walls, wrapping itself around me.

"Cait?" I almost cried at the disappointment in Syn's eyes.

Zacky jumped up, and backed away to stand by Jimmy, Johnny, Matt, and Syn.

Their faces were frozen in bewilderment, like their worst nightmare had come alive.

"You guys, I-" I watched as they all stared at each other as if to say, You were fucking her too?

"I can't believe this," Matt's eyes bore into mine, and I shifted them away guiltily.

"I can't either! You mean, the whole time I thought-" Johnny's hands jammed down into his pockets.

"Oh, shut up! You weren't perfect either! What will Lacey think of you?" I snapped, a tear drizzling down my cheek.

"But you lied to all of us, Cait," Syn defended him, his dark eyes blistering in his rage.

"I didn't-" I cried, but Matt cut me off.

"You were with all of us! We all love you, Cait!" he shouted, a vein popping in his neck.

I turned to Jimmy, pleading with my eyes.

Surely Jimmy would understand.

Yet, he said nothing.

"We were just coming by to invite you to a picnic, and instead, we find this," Syn waved his hand towards me like I was a parasite.

Zacky looked a bit squirmish then, being partially under the spotlight.

This was the moment.

The moment in my life I'd been dreading, but anticipating.

An ultimatum that I simply could not manuver around.

"You cheated all of us," Jimmy softly said, his quiet voice the only one that sent a dagger into my heart.

"I wasn't-" I sobbed, getting interceded by Zacky.

"I thought I loved you...I loved a fucking whore!" he snarled bitingly.

I shook my head, standing up, hoping the room wouldn't spin on me.

"And to think...I was gonna ask you to marry me," Syn's face fell, his whole angry manner crumbled, and left behind something vulnerable, something wounded.

"Syn, I-" I halted, and just sniffed, tears marking a track down my cheeks.

"Save it," Matt shook his head, rubbing his temples with his beefy hands.

I sobbed, and just returned to the couch, cradling my head in my hands.

I didn't try to argue with them, I cried.

I cried and cried until I was shaking, gasping.

The room was like a tomb, the silence of the dead.

Looking up, Jimmy was the only one left.

His pale blue eyes were sorry, but I could see beyond that.

I saw the depression, the wretchedness.

I disliked seeing it, and wanted to just shoot myself, do every possible thing that would amount to the melancholy I was causing him.

If I hadn't have done what I did, he wouldn't have loved me.

If I hadn't have done what I did, he wouldn't have hated me.

My secret was gone, and I was left unmasked, a pathetic, lonely fake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you soooo mucho for the comments! I love them, and the readers, and the subscriptions!!! Please lemme know what you think! I told joo I would update, and I deed :D

I love you all! This is dedicated to emmetloverforlife [sp?] Angel, and AdolecentSuicide!

And of course, Keety! a.k.a Cat :D You guys are the shit!