Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 24

On January 30, Zacky was in a car wreck.

The day had been drab, the sky stone grey, a lethargic shaft of air passing dully through the sand, and trees.

"I wanna go sit on the beach, but the radio said there might be a tropical storm...And I don't wanna risk it," Jimmy put his palms flat on my belly.

I giggled, rubbing his head fondly.

"We can just watch tv. Since I'm getting fat, I'd like to sit on my ass and not do anything," I said, scrunching my forehead with an oncoming headache brewing like the storm outside.

"You're not getting fat!" he sassed blithely, swatting my thigh.

I rolled my eyes, and plopped onto the sofa.

There wasn't anything worth watching on the tv, each channel commercials and Christian music stations.

"Let's watch a movie...I hate television," Jimmy twisted his lips in distaste, his labrae ring gleamed in the shadowed light.

"What do you wanna watch? Iono what I have," I flicked my wrist in direction of my movie rack.

Jimmy ran his fingers over the titles of the dvds, then pulled one off the shelf.

"Halloween...Rob Zombie's fucking amazing," he put in the dvd, then snuggled next to me.

I put my head in the crook of his neck, then he set his on mine.

***

Two hours were gone, and the movie was over with.

Yet, the day was still boring as hell, and it didn't seem the weather was going to let up any.

"You know what?" Jimmy stood, then went to his car keys.

"Hmm?" the repetitiveness was making me sleepy.

"Imma go to the video store and rent something...You want me to pick you up anything?"

"Ooooh! Ice cream! And are you sure you wanna go now? Wasn't it supposed to storm???" I glanced out the window, the sky murky.

"I doubt it'll do anything. I'll be right back," he gave me a peck on the forehead, then was out the door.

When the sound of the car was distant, I sprawled out and shut my eyes.

A little nap would be wonderful, I smiled.

Blood was like an ivy vine running from Syn's nose.

Johnny looked pissed, and he had red on his knuckles.

"What the hell is going on?" I screamed, my insides getting sick at the sight of the blood.

"He fucking punched me!" Syn hollered at Johnny, his hands holding his nose, the crimson spilling from between his fingers, dripping on the floor.

"What? Johnny, what the fuck is your problem?" I hated blood, and even more, I hated seeing Syn like that.

Johnny just started laughing.

I stared at him thinking, You're a sick fuck.

Then Syn began laughing.

"What is so funny?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes at both of them.

That just made them laugh harder.

"Since I'm the goddamn comedian, would someone tell me what's going on?" I couldn't believe them.

Syn's blood was like a river now, the front of his shirt stained with maroon.

"It's not real blood, Cait," Johnny snorted, putting his elbow on my shoulder.

I moved and he fell to the ground.

"That's not fucking funny, Christ! I thought Syn was seriously hurt, dammit!"

Syn went over to me, trying to wrap me in a hug, but i sideswiped him.

He drug me back as I tried to stomp by him, and then embraced me, my face squishing into the fake blood.

"Syn! Eww!" I blinked, a drop of the substance on my eyelashes.

"Shut up, Cait," he smiled into my hair.


I shot up, my bladder screaming.

"Holy shit, I've gotta pee!" I ran into the bathroom.

My cell phone sat on the counter, where it'd been all morning.

"Shh. Quiet you might piss somebody off.." as soon as I had finished, it began singing Matt's ringtone.

"Hello?" I hit the green phone button.

"Cait?" Matt's voice was faint, being drowned out by wheels moving on floors.

"Matt?" I strained to hear him.

"It's Zacky..Hospital..Car wreck.." either he was losing signal, or he was in a loud area.

I slammed the phone shut, and whipped out of the bathroom.

Oh God, Zacky!

When had he had the car wreck? Was he okay?

I wasn't going to know anything until I went to the hospital.

I grabbed my phone and hurriedly sent a text to Matt asking which hospital they were in.

Saint John, was his answer.

I slipped my phone into my pocket, then put on a thin hoodie.

I knew running wasn't the best thing for me, since I was pregnant, but Saint John wasn't far.

Breathing evenly, I held onto my stomach, and ran as fast as I could make myself.

Where'd the years of softball go? I grumped.

Every slap of my shoe on the pavement brought me closer to Zack.

Maybe I shouldn't have shown my face after everything that had blown up between me and the guys, but I needed to be certain that he was okay.

A sign with Saint John etched boldly into it caught my eye.

I flew through the doors, careful to swurve by people.

Panting heavily, and striving to catch my breath, I leaned against the counter of the front room in the hospital.

"Can I help you, miss?" an elder black woman questioned, her eyes warm and kind.

"Y-yes. I need to find Zachary Baker," I took deep breaths through my nose.

"Oh..Room...213, on the third floor," she said with a smile.

I charged into the elevator, then hit number 3.

I waited as patiently as I could manage, then when the door opened on the third floor, I ran down the hall to room 213.

"Zacky!" I shoved the door open, fright in my chest.

"Cait?" his voice was scratchy, and bruises covered his face in numerous places.

"Zack..God, I'm so glad you're okay," I went to the chair beside his bed, and took his hand gently.

"Of course I'm okay," he gave a laugh, moving his fingers mechanically in my palm.

"I shouldn't be here," I told him, guilt swarming my heart like it was a bee hive full of honey.

"Why not?" Zacky's purple shadowed eyes creased with suspicion.

"You're mad at me..." I murmured.

As soon as I said that, Matt walked in.

"Oh..Hey, Cait. I didn't know you were gonna be here so quickly," he set a glass of water beside Zack, and then sat on the foot of his bed, unwrapping a sandwich.

"Thanks, man. Why the hell you gotta tease me like that?" Zack gestured to the sandwich, and Matt shrugged.

"Whoops," he said around a mouthful.

I smiled at them, still clutching to Zack's hand.

"Do you want a coke, or something? I can go get it," Matt offered, his eyes looking to my stomach, then to my face.

"Oh, no. I'm good," I shook my head.

"Those feelings pleasuring..." I took out my phone, Jimmy's name on the I.D.

"Hello?"

"Where are you, Cait?" his voice was worried.

"I'm at the hospital," I told him, furrowing my brow.

"Why? What happened? Are you okay?" his questions were throwing me off track.

"Yes, I'm fine. Nothing. It's not me..Zack..He was in a car wreck," I defined, removing my hand from Zack's.

"Why the hell are you there? Why didn't you wait for me?" his tone turned bitter.

"I wanted to see if he's okay," I stated, outrage coursing through my veins.

"You know, when you run off like that, you make me think..Nevermind. I'll be up there in a bit," he said.

"When I run off, it makes you think what?" I brought the question back up, something nibbling on my nerves.

"I said nevermind, baby. See you there," he tried to brush me off.

I hate when people try to shrug it off, and just forget about it.

"No. What does it make you think? That I'm screwing behind your back?" I snapped, not caring that Matt and Zack could hear the conversation.

"Well, yes..But I know you've changed," Jimmy inserted.

"How many goddamn times do I have to tell you? I was NEVER with any of you! I'm with you now, but Jesus! You have to fucking trust me!" I didn't bother to try and keep my tears back.

I stared at Zacky's cast on his leg, and sniffed.

"I do trust you, baby. I swear that I do. Why do you think I'm the only one who even tried to be with you?" his voice was soothing.

"I know..I'm sorry," I apologized.

"No, I am. That was very dick headed of me. I'm gonna come get you, okay?"

"Okay. Bye. I love you," I hung up.

"What the hell was that?" Matt raised an eyebrow at me.

"Nothing," I brushed my bangs out of my face, smiling at them both.

Zacky gave a soft smile.

"So, what all's wrong with you?" I questioned, taking his hand back.

"Uh..Bruises, scratches...And a broken leg. That's 'bout it. Well, for my car, it's everything. Fucking smashed, so I'm gonna have to get something else," he scoffed with a shit eating grin.

"That's gotta suck," Matt laughed, his green eyes like emeralds.

"Nah..I'll just get someone to take me to the car places. I might just get me a Lambo!" Zack hooted.

"Good luck, bro! Those mother fuckers are expensive!" Matt balled up his trash, and threw it into the trash can beside Zacky's bed.

***
"Cait? I really am sorry about earlier...I..I'm just scared I'll lose you to someone else," Jimmy kissed my cheek as I folded clothes and put them away.

I shut the dresser drawer and went to him, squeezing him.

"It's okay. I understand," I stood on my tip toes and gave him a long kiss.

"You keep that up, and you'll make someone very...Well, awake," Jimmy chuckled huskily, biting my neck.

"Good," I let him push me back onto the bed, and slide my pants off.

"I like you being pregnant. I think it makes you even more horny," he unbuckled his jeans.

"Nope, it's just you," I pulled him down to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd update while I has time! Thanks for the comments, the subscribers, and of course, you beautiful readers!!! :D I love you guys! xD Enjoy. Oh, and the Jimmy/Syn poll is still going, so opinions on who should be tha daddy will be loved! :D So far, Jimmy's winning hehe