Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 25

Into the week before I was to return to the doctor's office for the results, Jimmy had a big question for me.

Besides asking me to marry him, wanting to move in was a big step following.

I had yet to answer his proposal, but I was thinking day and night on it; it never left my mind.

"Cait?" Jimmy's lips were feathering down my neck.

"Mmm?" I kept my eyes closed even though I was awake.

"Since we've been together...Well, no that's not right..Since I've known you for so long," he corrected himself, "can we live together?"

I rolled over and looked in his eyes.

"Yes," I grinned, snuggling up to him.

"Awesome! So, you wanna help me pack up today? If you're up to it, anyway," he smoothed his hand on my cheek.

"Sure," I nodded yes.

He rolled out of bed, his bare behind needing some sun immensely, but it was cute all together.

"Nice booty," I giggled, snuggling under the covers.

"Shuddup, woman!" his face broke out into a grin.

***
"This is about it," Jimmy swiped his sweaty brow, shutting the dark blue mini van's trunk.

"I don't think Joss's van can take anymore," I laughed, looking inside the empty house, a few boxes stacked by the front door.

"Let's drop this off at your place, then we'll come get the very last of it," he smiled, hopping into the driver's seat.

"There is something I see in you. It might kill me, I want it to be true," Paramore sang through the speakers, her voice comforting me.

"You feeling okay this morning?" he put his hand over mine protectively.

"Mmhmm. Feeling tons better than other mornings," I made a gag face, remembering myself puking daily.

"Good. We need to get you some vitamins, and calcium pills. Pregnant people always need nutritions and stuff," his blue eyes were straight forward, but he beamed.

"Have you been studying baby books and shit?" I grinned proudly at him.

"No...Just a little," he chuckled.

When we got to my house, we stacked his things in a corner of my front porch.

I grabbed my head, a migraine unfolding itself and releasing its wrath on my skull.

"What's wrong?" his long arm wrapped around my waist.

"Head hurts," I muttered.

He kissed my forehead.

"Why don't you stay here? There's not much left to do," Jimmy said reasonably after a few seconds of silence.

"Okay. Thanks, Jimmy," I let him kiss my forehead.

"Take it easy, baby," he hurried back into the car.

I went into the house, throwing myself onto the couch, then suddenly cold, balled up under a blanket, and succumbed to the darkness.

"Cait!!!! Open up, girly! I needa talk to you!!!" I heard Lacey's voice.

Head spinning, I sat up, clutching my head.

What the fuck was up with all these damn headaches?

"Just a minute!" I hoped she'd heard me.

I stayed seated until my head felt better, then rose and went to answer the door.

"Hey!!" Lacey's smooth, unblemished face was enfolded into a grin.

"Hello," I gave an attempt at a smile, stepping back and inviting her in.

"Johnny, hurry up!" she screamed behind her, and I saw Johnny smoking by the car, his cell to his ear.

I glanced down, hating that whenever the two were around, they were teasing me by flaunting each other off, kissing, hugging.

Lacey squealed, jumping up and down in front of me, taking my arms.

"What's got you so psyched?" I couldn't help but giggle at her childish demeanor.

"I'll tell you when," she paused, "SLOW POKE! ever hurries up," she laughed.

I sat down onto the couch, my head feeling hollow, the pounds seeking to crack my skull open.

Lacey sat across from me on the other couch, her hands in her pockets.

"Yeah..Well, I gotta go, bro. I'll prolly check with you tomorrow. Aight, bye."

Johnny snuggled next to her, her frame super small in her black Nightmare Before Christmas shirt and black shorts.

"Can we tell her now?!" Lacey was literally jumping up and down in her seat.

"Sure, babe," Johnny laughed, his hand on her hip.

"Okay..." she blew some of her dark bangs out of her face, "we're getting married!"

The words could have been a gunshot; they had that much of an impact.

I gave a weak laugh, "Wow..."

I was racking my brain for decent sentences, but nothing was in my head.

"I know! I can't wait," Lacey's lips crashed into Johnny's, and I felt the old sensation of nausea trying to work its way into my stomach.

"That's..that's really great," I pushed forth tons of effort to sound supportive.

The next thing I did was probably pretty damn bitchy, but the thought of the baby being Johnny's and Lacey not knowing ahead of time twisted my stomach in knots, and sliced into my heart.

"Lacey?" I asked, keeping my eyes from Johnny's.

"Yes?" she giggled, his arms around her stomach.

"Can we go for a walk?" I stretched, trying to keep Johnny's suspicions low.

"Sure! I need your advice anyway," she linked our arms, and we headed out the door.

The sand got under our feet, the flip flops chunking specks of it on us.

A breeze fluttered our hair, and the waves sent salt towards us, sea gulls swooping to the water every few minutes.

The sun was in the middle of the sky, about mid afternoon; a few people were on the beach, and a little girl chased after a boy with a plastic shovel.

"So, what's up?" she settled onto a mound of sand.

I did the same, bringing my knees to my chest.

"Before I tell you, I don't blame you for hating me, or spitting on me, or thinking all the lowest possibilities of what I probably am...Hell, I don't blame you if you punch me in the face," I felt a tear trying to flee from the corner of my eye.

Lacey's mint leaf green eyes took on an assumptioning look.

"I'm pregnant," I decided that telling her that was the easiest way to start it.

Her darkly lined eyes widened, and her lips turned up into a huge grin.

"Really? That's so awesome!"

I shook my head, causing her to stop her cheering.

"...It..It might be Johnny's..." I let my tears go.

A peripheral glance at her showed me her mouth opening and closing, trying to summon up something to say.

"How...I..." Lacey didn't try to finish her sentence.

Instead, she got up, and stalked away from me down the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! :D