Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 31

Two weeks later, it was Kimper's birthday, on February 19th.

It was the first thing I did when I woke up; I called and wished her a happy birthday.

"Awww. Thanks! Joss's too Monster deprived to tell me happy birthday yet," I could hear the exasperation in her voice.

"Haha. Well, it is Joslyn, honey. So what're you doing today?" I curled up onto the sofa, cradling the phone with my head and shoulder.

"Umm..."

I laughed, "It's your birthday, and you have nothing planned?"

"No..That's nothing out of the ordinary though...Why? Did you have something in mind?"

"Maybe...You know, I do have a backyard that's nothing but beach, and we might have a party...Just the three of us?"

"That'd be fun! But there won't be any cute guys!" she huffed.

"Fine. When we have our party, we'll go to a club or something later," I compromised.

"Cool! That works!" she said happily.

"OhMyGosh!" I gasped, pretending to be shocked.

"What?"

"You're satisfied!" I kidded, throwing my head back with merth.

"Hey! I'm the same age as you now, dammit! Why would I not be satisfied?" she giggled.

"Haha. Well, get ready and get your toots over here. Imma pack something to eat and wait for you. Jimmy's not here, so I guess I'll just wait on the beach," I informed her.

"Alrighty. Be right there! Joss, get around and I'll go buy you a damn Monster!"

The phone disconnected and I just laughed.

They made it worth staying around, as well as Jimmy.

I grabbed a basket, made some sandwiches with tuna, turkey, or peanut butter, apples, bananas, and giant chocolate chip cookies.

Not long after, Joslyn and Kimper arrived.

They laughed and shouted coming through the door.

"If you guys were in a horror movie, you'd be the first ones found!" I poked fun at them, holding up the basket.

"Gimme that! You're pregnant, woman!" Kimper took it away from me, rubbing my belly in a friendly manner.

"That doesn't mean shit," I giggled.

"Yes, it does! You could hurt that baby!" Kimper snarled playfully.

Joslyn rolled her eyes, "Let's roll her up in bubble wrap, shall we?"

"Shut up. Unlike you, I care," K.B. slid the glass door open for us.

"I care, I just don't feel the need to baby her just because she's preggers...I can understand if she's got a belly nine yards out..But right now, it's all women for themselves," Joss preached, flopping down onto a pile of sand, and then snatching a sandwich.

Kimper just shook her head and sat down next to her, and patted the sand beside her for me to sit.

I took my shirt off, straightening my bikini top strap, then laying on my back.

"You don't wanna eat, Big Boobs?" Kimper asked with a mouthful of food.

"You're tattoo is so cute!" Joss's fingers gently touched it.

"Thanks," I laughed.

"Hey!" I glared at Kimper,"..Nah, not right now," I put my shades on, then felt around for my bottle of sunblock.

I smeared it into my face, then resumed my spot.

"Don't you wanna put sunblock over the baby and the tattoo? That might hurt if you don't." I felt Kimper's shadow fall on me.

"Would the sun really hurt it?" I sat up, pushed my shades up and squinted at her in the sunlight.

"Um..Iono...Don't you think just in case?"

"Gosh, you're worse than her mom, prolly!" Joss smiled.

"No, I'm not! I just want the baby to...And her tattoo's still fresh-"

"It's fine. I will just in case," I stated to rest Kimper's worry.

Rubbing it in as best as I could, I then laid back, letting my body relax and mellow out.

It'd been awhile since I'd been truly, completely, uncaringly care free.

"Did you bring any Monsters?" I heard Joslyn rustling through the basket.

"Umm..No. Sorry..Jimmy refuses to keep them around the house..Says they're bad for the baby," I raised my hands in a shrugging gesture.

"Aww, what a dildo! Hey, you has Pepsi though! That'll work."

Laying on the warm grit made me feel like I was on a warm bed, and the slight tickle of the more moist sand that was towards the water on my toes began to make me sleepy.

"Hey, you sleepy head! Wake up! Let's go swimming!" Joss was screaming in my ear.

I sat up, and I felt how stiff my skin had gotten.

"You gonna be okay?" Kimper helped me up, and I nodded.

"The water will probably help cool it down," I told her, inching towards the ocean.

Joss splashed me, droplets landing on my shades.

I waded in farther after her, then took off my glasses and chunked them to our spot.

"Ahh!" she screamed when I tackled her, and we both went under.

I rose up, laughing my ass off.

Joss stood next to me, glowering.

"That was mean!" she shook her short red hair out like a dog.

"I know," I grinned, wrapping my arms around my waist.

"Imma get you back!" she threatened.

"Surrreee," I grinned.

"I will," she vowed, diving under the water.

Kimper hurried to me, clutching at me.

"It's cold!" she whimpered.

"No it's not! It's freakin' hot out here! It should feel good to you," I shook water off my hands at her.

"Nuuh! Iono..I prolly just have to get used to the water," she tilted her head back at the cloudless, bright sky.

"Eh," I dove into the cool ocean.

The sounds under water are hushed, you can hear the blood in your head, which is something you can't do above water.

It almost makes you want to open your eyes, but salt water in my eyes didn't sound so appealing to me.

I swam farther down, the ocean wasn't too deep; it wasn't that far from the beach.

It was deep enough for me to force my body downwards a few good strokes.

That was about all I needed to get caught on something.

My shorts were snagged on either a piece of driftwood, or a sharp rock.

Either one, I couldn't get free.

I struggled, and then my lungs began to burn.

I wanted so badly to open my mouth, but I knew all I'd do was choke on water.

It didn't help that my eyes were shut.

I felt down to my bottoms, and could feel where they were caught.

Perhaps if I tug on it...

My mouth released a bubble.

Oh God, I thought, tugging with all my might.

When you move in water, you feel heavier than normal.

This fact also didn't help my fear.

I yanked and yanked, opening my eyes.

Pelting stings cut into them, and my mouth fell open at the sudden pain.

Bubbles streamed above my head, and I floundered my arms, praying that Joslyn or Kimper would see me or the bubbles.

Help me! I tried to scream.

I remember looking up, the sun's rays fading through the waves, the light a disappearing beam in the middle, blackness trying to swallow it.

And then, it was like I had sank to the bottom of the ocean.

***
"She should be fine, Sir. The lack of oxygen is hard on a person," a lady was speaking when I blinked awake.

"Cait," Jimmy took my hand, his face moving closer to mine.

"Jimmy," I croaked, my eyes tender.

"Baby, I'm so sorry...I should have been there with you.." he set his forehead on my arm.

"No..It was an accident.." I let my fingers furl into his hair.

"I know. But I could have-"

Kimper and Joss rushed into the room.

"Are you alright?" Kimper hurried to my side.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I assured her.

She took on a quiet look, and then I gave a timid smile.

"Not such a great birthday, huh?" I felt pretty bad.

"Can we have some time alone, you guys?" Jimmy politely questioned, not wanting to seem prude since they'd just gotten in there.

"Sure," they backed out of the room.

"Cait...God, if I would have lost you-"

I shook my head, "Is the baby okay?"

"Yeah. The baby's fine," he touched his tattooed palm to my stomach, matching the baby foot with the other.

"Good."

Relief coursed throughout me, and I felt peaceful.

"Please don't feel bad. Just be glad that me and the baby are okay," I took his fingers and put them on my face.

He nodded, then smiled.

"I love you, Cait," he kissed me.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for being so patient! I love you guys! xD Please lemme know what you think. I hope nobody's too pissed at me for not telling who the daddy is. But it'll happen, I promise :D Thanks you guys for reading, and the comments, and the subscribers! You rock!