Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 34

"Baby shower, baby shower!" Jimmy chanted from the bathroom.

I laughed at him as I got into a hot pink sundress and pulled my curls up into a clip.

"I'm gonna be a daddy!" his voice was louder when the water from the shower had been shut off.

"Yes, you are," I couldn't hold back my grins.

He came into the bedroom, a towel riding hazardously low on his hips.

His happy trail was glistening with water droplets, his long, muscled lanky arms propped on his sides.

"'Ello girl!" he stooped to kiss my cheek.

Then he traveled to my neck, breath blowing through his nose and tickling me.

"Good morning!" I savoured the smell of his Axe cologne in my nostrils.

"Morning," he walked over to the closet.

I looked into the mirror to roll on eyeliner; when I was done, I turned a tad.

Jimmy's towel was gone and his bare ass gleamed like a white light.

"I thought it was morning...Why's the moon out?" I teased.

"Wanna kiss it?" Jimmy stuck out his tongue, licked his finger then put it on his butt cheeks, making a hissing noise while he did.

"What the fuck?!" I couldn't breathe by then.

"I'll just cover it up then," he put boxers on, that childlike smile wrinkling his face adorably.

"I love you, Jimmy."

~*~
"Johnny's not coming," Matt slammed his phone shut, looking at me.

"Why?" I leaned into Jimmy more as he, Matt, and I waited for the guests to arrive.

"He found out that you invited Lacey. They're still pissed at each other," he explained, and I felt guilt swipe at my heart.

"Well, is Lacey coming?" I wanted her to be there so I could tell her in a way that maybe she would understand.

"I think so..At least, she told me she was yesterday," Matt raised his eyebrows.

"You're still the peace maker, aren't ya?" Jimmy sighed.

"Yeah..I hate this for them; they belong together," Matt's words had me almost writhing in pain.

It's not your fault Johnny didn't tell you, I told myself, refusing to feel guilty.

"I guess that's what happens when you can't-"

"Syn is in the house!" Syn strolled through the door with a case of Coors Light.

"You brought the party!" Jimmy jumped up and gives him a high five before taking a can.

"Syn, I told you not to-"

Jimmy kissed me then.

"I won't let you get it, babe," he chuckled.

"You're such a tease," I grumped, eyeing the beer and Syn with the bitchiest look I could muster.

"Well, you shouldn't have gotten pregnant," Syn boasted with a snort.

I blinked, amazed that he could be such an arrogant, fucking bastard and said that.

"It takes two to tango, dip shit," I snarled.

A silence blanketed us for a huge, blank moment.

"A gay guy was born," Syn mumbled.

"Nope, he was born a long time ago and is now sitting with us," I hated that he had put me in the foulest mood ever.

"Those babies are making you turn into a bitch," Syn's eyes transform into a shade of brown venom.

"Yeah, well, nothing made you into a dick," I stood and stomped into the kitchen to get a vitamin water and to cool off before I chopped his head off and fed it to the sharks.

"Don't start without us!" Kimper's voice caused my body to instantly relax; finally, someone I could chill with besides my fiance and Syn Dumbass Gates.

Joss and K.B whisked over to me with their arms weighed down by presents.

"Muah!" K.B. paused inches from my mouth, giving me an air kiss.

"Lesbians!" Syn laughed.

"Fuckwad," I cursed.

"We spent all day buying you these wonderful gifts, and we come to hear you two spit and snarl at each other?" Joss whips out a can of Monster from her bag.

"Yeah, well-"

"Where's the beer?" Joss questioned.

"Did you just come here for that?" I scoffed at how it didn't take much of her to get me to feel better.

"Nope. I came here for you," she accepted one from Syn, then opened it luxuriously.

"Sure," Kimper rolled her eyes at her.

Syn handed K.B. one but she shook her head no.

"I don't do beer," she smiled.

"Why not?" he plopped down next to her on the couch.

"She's a wimp," Joss belched.

"I am not!" Kimper scowled at her.

"I hear Vengeance's crutches," Matt announced, hurrying to the door.

"Zacky got crutches?" K.B had a look on her face that said, Why didn't anyone tell me?.

"Yep," Zacky hobbled in, swinging to the sofa, and then lowered his body into it.

"I couldn't get you anything, Cait, but I hope this will work," he slipped a rolled up one hundred dollar bill into my palm.

"That's fine, Zacky. You don't have to give me this much," I shook my head.

"Don't worry 'bout it," he took a beer out of the case.

I watched him open it sadly, the previous incident with Zacky and alcohol flashing in my head.

Zacky didn't look like he remembered much about the other day, which didn't exactly surprise me any.

"Where's Lacey?" I aimed at Matt, who had his phone open.

"She just sent me a text, said she's on her way," he grinned at me.

He disappeared into the kitchen, and I had the urge to follow him.

"Be right back," I murmured to no one in particular and slipped away.

Matt was standing at the counter, pouring himself some lemonade.

I observed his shoulders, feeling tortured with the flurry of feelings that coursed throughout me.

"You okay?" he had turned sooner than I had wanted him to.

"Yeah," I nestled into a chair at the island, propping my arms on it.

"You sure?" he walked up to me, and set his hand on my face.

The contact was sweet, loving beyond measure, and I didn't make him take his hand away.

"Yeah. Just a little tired," I smiled.

His green eyes studied me, and then he gave a brittle smile.

"Let's go back in here," Matt helped me up.

"Honey, I'm home!" Lacey's voice alleviated my fears of her hating me.

She wouldn't have came if she had been severely upset with me.

"Hey!" I greeted her warmly.

"There's the beautiful future mommy!" her unclouded eyes shone as she wrapped her arms around me, the presents lightly tapping my sides.

"I don't know about beautiful, but here I am!" I giggled.

“Oh please, you are so beautiful,” she kissed my cheek.

“Gosh, you didn’t have to buy the whole store,” I joked, looking at the load she was carrying.

“Yes I did!” she said in a sing song voice.

I giggled again.

Then on a somber note, I leaned to her ear and said softly, “I need to talk to you.”

Lacey nodded and took my hand.

We were out of the house and on our way down the beach.

The luke warm waves lapped at our heels, and the wind carried the scent of the ocean to us.

I concentrated on where I was walking for what felt like forever, trying to jostle up something to say.

“Cait..” she stopped, then looked at me.

Her eyes roamed the clouds, then returned to my face.

“I’m not mad at you..I never was,” Lacey displayed her words like they were rare, exotic gems in a museum.

I wanted to roll around in the sand when she said those words.

“At first, I wanted to hate your guts..But I knew that would have been wrong because Johnny is the one who fooled us,” she rested a hand on my forearm that was draped over my stomach.

“Lacey, I feel so bad,” the waterworks began to swell again.

“Don’t. Please, for me, don’t. He’s not worth it. Maybe one day I’ll forgive him. Until then, let’s just be friends. I want to be your friend very much,” Lacey offered sincerely.

“Okay,” I hugged her tightly.
“Let’s go open presents, shall we?” she held out her arm.

I took it and we tramped our way back to the house.

“There they are!” Syn pointed at Lacey and I.

“Where’d you go?” K.B. patted a spot next to her, right in the middle of the goodies.

“For a walk,” I smiled at Lacey, taking a bag to open.

I look inside it and pulled the wrapping paper out.

“Aww! This wrapping paper is so cute!” I loved the lime green color of it.

“You’re supposed to like the gift, not the paper, babe,” Jimmy chuckled.

“Well, it was pretty, darn it,” I found a pink jumper with black skull designs, and a black one with similar designs done in white skulls.

There were purple baby bed sheets among those.

“Lacey, these are adorable!” I thanked her.

“Gotta deck the kids out nice,” she winked.

I knew one of the guys had blabbed to her about my doctor visit.

I spotted a big box wrapped in a fun, purple color and reached for it.

“What’s this?” I tore paper away, and squealed when I saw it was a baby crib.

“Yay!” I was completely giddy by that time.

I finished opening the remainder of the girls’ presents; there was a range from: purple booties, black booties, a Jack Skellington hat, baby lotion and powder, rattles, teething rings, a Nightmare Before Christmas diaper bag, black pacifiers, pink skull and bright blue blankets, and more packages of diapers.

“I’ll just give you money,” Syn laughed, throwing a hundred dollar bill in my lap.

Matt did the same.

“Oh, I forgot about the food. Is anyone hungry?” Jimmy got up, staggering slightly.

“I am!” Zacky raised a crutch in acknowledgement.
Jimmy lugged the huge cake onto the island countertop.

Zacky moved as quickly as a crippled person could possibly move.

I laughed and then picked up the baby crib.

“I wanna put this together!” I said.

“But babe, I’m passing out cake!” Jimmy whined.

“You can do that and Matt will help me,” I grinned, then glanced at Matt.

“Will you help me?” I loved looking into his eyes.

Wait, what am I thinking? I criticized myself.

“Sure,” he smiled tenderly at me.

I yanked the box open and pulled out the parts.

“Slow down, skippy,” Matt took the stuff away from my hands.

“Do you need the directions?” I inspected.

I held up the paper with a grin.

“Nah, I can do it,” he sat down onto the floor and tugged all the parts to him.

“Go get cake, I’ll do it,” he reassured me and my mind took a “snap shot”.

“Snap shots” are images that are trapped in my memory forever, such as that time.

Matt seemed like a little kid with the cow licks in his hair and the under construction baby bed scattered in a circle around him.

One of the five pieces of my heart..

“You get the biggest piece, baby,” Jimmy came up behind me with a plate of cake.

“Thanks!” I felt odd with my fiance standing with me while I watched one of my ex lovers.

“Is that a fat joke?” I spooned a big mouthful into my mouth.

“No,” he smiled, then kissed my mouth, licking the icing off the corners of my lips.
“You forgot the ice cream!” Zacky took my attention off of the fact that Jimmy had just done that in front of Matt.

“I know, I’m sorry,” Jimmy laughed.

“Shut up, chipmunk! You’ll live!” Lacey held out her phone for a picture of Zacky’s puffed cheeks.

“That’s not very nice, Lacey,” he pouted.

Kimper, Joss, and Lacey laughed loudly.

“Quit picking on the fat kid,” Zacky hurled cake in their direction.

The food landed down Kimper’s shirt.

“Hey!” she jumped up, shaking it out.

I began to giggle and tried to maintain the cake so it didn’t fly out of my mouth and onto Matt’s head.

Zacky got up and drug Kimper playfully over to the cake before shoving her face into it.

“Hey! That’s my fucking cake!” I cried.

“Zacky, you’re such an ass!” Kimper laughed, wiping cake down her face, flinging it off her finger tips.

“Alright, you two! You’re worse than kids!” Jimmy held up his hands between them.

“He started it!” Kimper licked the chocolate from her arm.

“And I’m ending it,” Jummy belted out a long burp and tossed his beer can into the trash can.

“I’m done!” Matt announced, rolling the brightly colored baby crib towards us.

“It looks awesome, Matt!” I ran and gave him a hard squeeze around his waist.

“You’re welcome,” Matt put his chin on the top of my head.

Before long, Syn was on the table, crawling towards the edge of it.

“Dude, get down before you fucking hurt yourself!” Jimmy laughed.

Syn shook his head, “No! I wanna stand on the mother fucking table!”

He stood up, wobbling from side to side.

“He’s a big pig, yup, yup. He’s a great pig, yup, yup. You can be a big pig too, OY!”

“Oh good God, help us,” Kimper snorted.

“Syn, get down! You’re gonna-”

And down he tumbled into the baby crib.

His head whacked the wood with a dull thunk, and all he did was laugh.

“Did you hurt the crib?” I retorted, looking in through the bars at him.

Matt’s laughter was like thunder in my ear.

“I’m a baby! Waahh, wahhh!” Syn hiccupped.

“No, you’re wasted off your ass,” I bent over the bars to help him up.

His legs were all bunched upwards, and he was on his neck, like in the “Hotel Drunks” video.

“Ma ma! Baby need milk!” he groped my breast, getting him a big handful of it.

“Hey!” I yelled.

“Ay, mate, those be my breasts!” Jimmy was so drunk that he didn’t eve try to punch Syn; any other time, he would have.

I hoisted Syn’s silly ass up and he boldly put his hands on my hips.

“That was fun, Mommy. Wanna do it again?” he whispered laughingly.

“No, you’re gonna sit your ass-” his foot caught the top of the crib and he fell over and out flat on his face.

Syn just laid there; it deemed it necessary to leave him there for a while.

Matt, Jimmy, Zacky, Kimper, Joss, and Lacey were laughing their asses off.
♠ ♠ ♠
There shall be part two tomorrow :D