Beast and The Harlot

Chapter 37

Matt’s P.O.V

“So what’s this you gotta talk about?” Matt Tuck’s steely eyes stared into Matt Shadow’s green ones.

“Fuck man…All this shit with Cait….I can’t tell any of the guys anything because we’re all hung up on her,” M. Shadows begun, his words weighing arduously in the cavity of his chest.

“I got that she’s pregnant and it could be any of you guy’s kid…And that I’m the only one from B.F.M.V that knows that,” Tuck crossed his forearms over his thin body.

“Kids,” M. Shadows corrected.

Kids?

“Yeah…Boy and a girl..”

“Holy shit, dude…So who do you think the father/fathers are?”

Matt raised his eyes to the pale blue sky, struggling within on who he really believed the father/fathers were.

“I don’t really know…We got the test results back a few weeks ago, but Cait refuses to read them,” he caught him up on the recent news.

“Damn…Is she just scared they won’t be Jimmy’s?” Matt Tuck watched a woman walk by sporting a vibrant red bikini.

“Yeah…She doesn’t want Jimmy to raise kids that aren’t his,” Matt kicked a pile of loose sand.

“I really feel like you are probably one of the fathers, or both of the babies dad,” Matt Tuck earnestly told him.

“And I’m not saying that just because I’m closer to ya than the other guys…I just have a feeling that you are,” Tuck smiled.

Matt couldn’t help but smile too; he wanted with all he had to be the father of at least one.

He didn’t care if he happened to be the dad of both.

“I just…I really just want her to myself…” the words slipped from Matt’s mouth before he could realize it.

“Aren’t you mad at her for fucking around on you like that??” Matt Tuck’s eyes held skepticism in them.

“Yeah…But I just…I can’t be mad at her…I think I am falling for her…” M. Shadows stuck his shades on so Matt Tuck wouldn’t be able to read his true emotions.

“Oh shit…You’ve never been this way man..You were always “fuck girls, I don’t need ‘em…They’re only good for one thing anyway”….What happened?” Matt Tuck looked genuinely surprised.

“I don’t know…I feel like a pansy ass,” Matt Shadows hurled a stone into the ocean.

“Aww, don’t feel like that, man. It’s just Cupid being an asshole,” Matt Tuck reassured his friend.

Matt shook his head, then glanced reverently at Jimmy’s beach house.

He startled when he saw Cait standing looking down at him.

She was wearing a yellow sundress, the wind blowing the material close to her large stomach.

Strands of hair around her face danced in the breeze; a lump formed in his chest.

“I’ll admit it, she’s beautiful, but seriously, there’s more girls out there, you know?” Matt Tuck tried to encourage M. Shadows in the right direction.

“Yeah…Just gotta find her,” Matt laughed sardonically.

~*~

It was about three in the morning and Matt still couldn’t sleep.

He sat on the couch of his house, Matt Tuck had stole his bed and the other band members of B.F.M.V had crashed in other members of A7X’s houses.

“I need coffee or something…” Matt stood and grabbed the keys to his car then headed out.

He backed out of the garage, heading onto the highway towards a gas station that was open twenty four seven, kind of like himself.

He parked the car and went inside to the hot coffee machine.

There was a young man with a piercing here and there on his face, and a bright red Mohawk.

Strangely it reminded him of Johnny when he had bright red “kool aid” hair.

Matt made it to the machine and poured himself the largest cup they had full of steaming coffee.

He turned to get a lid and was instead greeted by a sharp sting on his hand and chest when he collided with someone.

“Shit!” he hissed as the liquid scorched him.

“I am so sorry!” a feminine purr of a voice cried, “I should have been watching what I was doing!”

He glanced up at a short, slender, dark haired woman with dark brown eyes that were lit with fright.

“It’s fine,” he murmured, blowing on his hand.

“I really feel bad, sir!” she bit her lower lip, and he noticed her pale golden skin and the flush in her face.

“It’s fine, really,” he mustered a smile, thinking to himself that she was beautiful.

“Is there anything I can do? Buy you a band aid or something?” she shoved her espresso brown hair out of her face, her eyes still mortified.

“Naw. I’ll be okay, no worries,” Matt set his cup down under the machine to refill it.

“Leave it to me, sleep deprived dumb ass trying to roam around in public,” she laughed.

“You can’t sleep either?” he looked to her when he had a lid on his cup and had inhaled it some.

“Nope. I haven’t been able to in…Forever,” she had a cute smile, and an infectious giggle.

“I just got too much stress with the band,” he shrugged.

“Band?” her eyes blossomed into a livid brown.

“Yeah…” Matt smiled, leaning onto the counter.

“What’s the name of your band?” she was curious, like a kid in a candy shop.

“Avenged Sevenfold.”

He barely had the words past his lips and she gave a squeal.

The guy behind the counter gave them a weird look and Matt felt a tid bit embarrassed.

“You’re…I knew you looked familiar!! You’re Matt Shadows!” she was almost jumping up and down.

“Will you sit with me for awhile? Unless ya gotta be somewhere, that’s fine,” she offered.

“Sure,” he thought of being home with a cup of coffee and no sleep anywhere in his future.

They sat at one of the various booths in the small station.

“Wow…Never in my life…This is…Amazing!” she was beaming.

He could only laugh and sip at his coffee.

I could ask her what her name is, he thought.

“What’s your name?”

“Adrianna, Adrianna Camberos.”

“Spanish, eh?”

“Yeah…I’m the whitest Mexican you’ll ever find!” she grinned, “least that’s what my friends say.”

“Just don’t start the Spanish…I’ll get confused,” he chuckled.

“You at least know what hola is right??” Adrianna raked her long hair back.
“Yeah…Not sure what to say after that,” Matt felt really stupid.

“Well, we won’t get into Spanish! Like…What’s it like being in a band? That’s gotta be the greatest thing ever!” she switched the subject faster than it’d even came up.

“Well…Honestly, it’s stressful. The shows are fun, seeing the happiness on people’s faces, seeing them enjoying the music…That’s great. But other things like people fighting in the band, or people getting sick and we having to cancel…That’s very bad for me,” he felt himself opening up to this exotic stranger.

“Why? You can’t help it,” she was hanging on to his every word.

“For me…I just…I hate hurting people, or disappointing them. And the few times we had to cancel, it killed me. Cause we sold out on all those shows and then we just had to cancel…It made me feel like a sack of shit,” he admitted.

“I’m sure they forgave you,” she laughed.

“Yeah…They must have. Our shows are always sold out in a hurry,” he took a gulp of his cooled coffee.

“I just love your music…I have your cd in my car right now,” she told him with a faint blush.

“Sweet. Which one?”

“Umm…I think it’s your self titled,” Adrianna giggled.

“Oh, very nice,” he grinned.

“Which one was your favorite to work on?” she leaned her chin into her palms, elbows on the table.

“Probably…” he scratched the faint hairs on his chin “City of Evil. It was interesting to get into a different side of us.”

“Ohh. I liked that one and Waking the Fallen…They were really mind blowing,” she rubbed the inside of her wrist.

“What’s that?” he saw the dark part on her wrist.

“My tattoo,” she seemed a bit ashamed to show him.

“Can I see?…It won’t make me feel bad cause it looks like I bathed in them,” he held up his arms smiling.

She held out her wrist and he read “No one wants to go to Hell” written in Old English script, the ink a bold black.

“You really are a fan,” he shook his head, pride seeping into his mood.

“Yeah…If you didn’t know that, you’re blind,” she traced a circle into the table.

“Hey…I hope this doesn’t seem weird, but would you go somewhere with me tonight?” Matt glanced up at the clock that read four fifteen.

“Tonight?…Oh, cause it’s already today…” she giggled, “but sure. Where we going?”

“How ‘bout to just a place on the beach? We could bring food and what not,” he shrugged.

“Alright…You have a cell phone?” Adrianna’s eyes were captivating.

“You won’t leak it to the public, will ya?” he joked.

“Oh, no. Secret’s safe with me,” she zipped her lips with a smile.

He wrote it down on a napkin scrap and slid it across to her.

“Can I have yours?” Matt downed the rest of the drink.

She wrote it down and gave it to him.

“Alright…I gotta run. See ya then,” he let her stand so he could shake her hand.

“Okay. See ya!” she had a Cheshire cat grin on her face.

As Matt was walking out to his car, he didn’t know if it was because he was sleepy or what, but he actually felt…

Happy.

Like he could get over Cait.

He hummed to himself with every song on the radio that he knew on his way home.

Matt faltered a little when Not Meant To Be by Theory of a Dead Man came on.

That had been one of Cait’s favorite songs, and she used to always sing it…

A memory struck him but it didn’t really make him sad.

It just made him miss her.

It was a memory of when they were first becoming lovers; something that always came to his mind whenever he thought about her.

“Do you know how easy it is to sneak into your house?” she whispered in Matt’s ear.

He jolted but she pressed her hands to his face.

“Shh. It’s just me,” Cait told him.

“Oh…Jesus, you scared the living hell outta me!” he stage whispered.

“I’m sorry…I just wanted to see you,” she set her head on his bare chest.

“Oh…Is everything okay?”

“Yeah…Just thinking.”

“About what?” he kissed her forehead.

“My ex…”

“That Connor dude?” he thought of her most recent ex and wanted to find the mother fucker and beat his insides out of his ass.

“Yeah…That Connor dude.”

“What happened? Did he talk to ya?”

“No…I just can’t stop thinking about him.”

“Why? Why do you let yourself suffer because of him? He cheated you like shit and yet…” he stopped talking because he didn’t feel like hurting her feelings; not tonight.

“And yet I miss him like he died on me or something.”

“Yeah,” he whispered.

“I don’t know, Matt. Maybe I’m just weak…” she shrugged.

“You’re not weak, Cait. You’re actually far from it. You just miss him when he wasn’t that way,” he advised her.

“Maybe…”

“You’re strong because you left him. You’re strong because you had the courage not to let him get to you as much as he wanted to,” Matt sat up.

The sheet fell from his chest, leaving him in his boxers.

“I can’t be as strong as you though, Matty…I always let him talk to me, even when I’m not supposed to,” she said.

“You don’t try to be me, you be you,” he took her hands in his.

“Okay,” she smiled.

“Feel better?”

“Yeah…” she nestled into his arms and he held her.

A few minutes of hearing nothing but the ocean passed before she said, “What would you do if I kissed you right now?”

He looked down at her in a hurry because he wasn’t sure that he had heard her correctly.

“What?”

“What would you do if I kissed you right now?” she said again, the moon in her eyes making them wide and peculiarly beautiful.

What would I do? He thought to himself.

“I would kiss you back,” he stated, his heart pounding.

She smiled and leaned up to kiss him.

He pulled her on top of him, and held her close…


He shook the memory off before it became a porn movie and fought with himself all the way home, fought to keep her out of his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for waiting on me!
Lemme know what you thinkkk :)