What Beautiful Is

What Beautiful Is

Frustrated.

That was the one word to describe how Molly felt right now.

She was getting sick of the mixed signals her boyfriend, Caleb, had been giving her.
One second he was madly in love with her, and wouldn’t let her go. And then the next, he couldn’t be bothered to even hold her hand. Not to sound like the Katy Perry song, but he was a love bipolar, and was playing the role to a tee.

That’s how Molly and Caleb ended up in their current situation.

Arguing on some random Denver street, about absolutely nothing.

“Caleb, I just don’t get you anymore! One second everything’s fine, and the next, you act like you don’t even know me,” Molly practically yelled.

“You don’t get me? Well guess what. I don’t get you!” Caleb said throwing his hands up in the air, “You confuse the shit out of me.”

“Well I’m sorry for not fucking be clear as a crystal,” Molly said starting to walk away, “I guess I’ll just save you from anymore confusion. Goodbye and goodnight Caleb.”

Caleb grabbed for Molly’s arm, but she was already too far out of reach, and he didn’t want to get her in an even worse mood.

****

It was a few nights later, and Molly hadn’t heard a word from Caleb. She knew that she was the one who practically left him, but she still wanted him to try and make it right. She sat staring at her phone, and sighed when another minute went by with as little as a text.

Just as she got up to head downstairs, her phone rang, startling her. She quickly ran to it, and answered it, without bothering to look at the caller ID.

“Hello?” she asked hoping it was Caleb.

“Hey Molly,” she heard her friend Avery say on the other line.

“Oh, hey Avery,” Molly said losing some of her enthusiasm.

“Well, gee, thanks. Make me feel special,” Avery said noticing Molly’s let down voice.

“No it’s not you!” Molly said quickly, “It’s just that I was hoping it was someone else. That’s all”

“So, I’m guessing you haven’t heard from Caleb yet?”

“Nope. And I doubt I will. It’s been four days already. I guess it could be for the better though. I mean, sure I love him, but I don’t know how much longer I could have handled the confusion.”

“Awh honey, I understand,” Avery said sounding sympathetic, “Hey, I have an idea! How about we go have a night on the town? Just me and you?”

“Thanks Avery, but I just don’t feel like going out tonight,” Molly said flopping back onto her bed, “I’ll take you up on that offer later though. Okay?”

“Alright, sounds good. But hey, I’m going to go out or something, so I’ll talk to you later.”

Molly said her goodbye, and tossed her phone carelessly onto her nightstand, forgetting her plans of going downstairs. Instead she decided to turn on the TV, and lucky for her, Wizards of Waverly place was playing. She left her TV on Disney, and soon enough was in a deep slumber.

*****

Caleb strummed out the final notes of the song on his acoustic guitar, and let out a deep sigh. He knew what he had to do, and that he had to do it tonight. He stood up from his position on the couch, and put his acoustic in his case.

He glanced out the window, noticing the snow, and grabbed his coat and scarf before heading towards the front door.

“You gonna go do it?” Kent asked from his spot playing video games.

“It’s now or never,” Caleb said before walking out the front door.

He quickly got into his car, and turned the ignition on, letting it warm up for a few minutes. He let out a few shaky breaths and gripped the steering wheel, looking straight ahead.

“It’s now or never,” he mumbled before pulling out onto the street, and on the way to his destination.

******

About three hours later, the shrill ringing of her phone, rattled Molly from her rather deep slumber. She muttered a few incoherent things, before finally finding her phone.

“Hello?” she asked in a rather groggy voice.

“Hi Molly.”

“Caleb?” she asked sounding surprised, “What’re you doing calling. It’s almost one in the morning!”

“I know, I know!” she heard him say on the other end, “But I knew I had to do this. So can you please just go onto your balcony?”

“It’s snowing Caleb,” she said in a duh tone.

“I know, but please Molly. For me?”

She could tell he was probably pouting and sighed, telling him she’d go outside. He said an excited thank you, and they both hung up.

Molly pulled on one of her hoodies, and slipped on some shoes, before walking into the freezing snowing atmosphere outside.

She looked to the ground, and saw Caleb standing in the few inches of snow, with his acoustic guitar.

“Caleb what are you doing! You’re going to get sick!” Molly said in a hushed whisper.

“Honestly, It’s going to be all worth it, I hope,” he said looking into her eyes, “But Molly, this song is for you.”

Caleb starting strumming on the guitar, and eventually started singing.

And your eyes
you should see the way they glow when you smile
the way your laughter sets the world on fire
i take for granted all the moments that i'm with you
i'm with you

'cause your beauty takes my breath away
and i love it when i'm asked to stay
and I'd bring you flowers every day to show you
It’s not your make-up or your hair at all
It’s the girl underneath it all
that amazes me
and you are
what beautiful is
what beautiful is

and i recall
all the times we spent together in the park
throwing sticks under the bridges not too far
I’d close my eyes and underneath my breath I’d say
I’d say

that your beauty takes my breath away

and i love it when I'm asked to stay
and I’d bring you flowers every day to show you
It’s not your make-up or your hair at all
It’s the girl underneath it all
that amazes me
and you are
what beautiful is
what beautiful is

today was long
all i thought about was singin you this song
and how you'd take it if you took it in at all
and i really just want you to understand
to understand

that your beauty takes my breath away
and i love it when I'm asked to stay
and I’d bring you flowers every day to show you
It’s not your make-up or your hair at all
It’s the girl underneath it all
that amazes me
and you are
what beautiful is
what beautiful is
what beautiful is
yeah

and your beauty takes my breath away
and i love it when I'm asked to stay
I’d bring you flowers every day to show you
It’s not your make-up or your hair at all
It’s the girl underneath it all
that amazes me
and you are
what beautiful is
what beautiful is
what beautiful is
what beautiful is

And you are what beautiful is


As Caleb sang the final words, Molly felt the tears that had been welling up her eyes, finally fall. Caleb looked up at her expectantly, and smiled, noticing the smile on her face.

“Caleb, that song was-it was just-wow,” Molly said struggling to find the right words.

“So I’m guessing you liked it?” he asked, still a little unsure.

“Like is an understatement doll,” she said smiling, “Hold on, I’m going to come down there.”

Caleb said okay, and Molly quickly ran down the stairs of her house, not caring if she woke anyone else in it up. As soon as she opened the door, she was face to face with Caleb.

Without a second thought, she pressed her lips to his and threw her arms around his neck. His arms snaked around her waist just as fast, and the two melted into eachother.

“I love you Molly,” Caleb said once the two had separated.

“I love you too Caleb,” Molly said hugging him tighter, “Now let’s get inside, it’s freezing out here.”

“Yeah, that’d be good,” he said following Molly inside.

The two quietly walked up the stairs, and jumped into her bed, trying to get warm. The TV was still playing Disney, and the two were immediately engrossed.

And that’s how they stayed for the remainder of the night, and morning.

Watching Disney shows, and feeling more in love than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go Molly :D
Sorry it took ages.

[Song= What Beautiful Is by Aaron Rothe] (oldish. but go on his myspace. it's so pretty)