Sister, I'm Not Much a Poet but a Criminal

Chapter 17

I woke up early the next morning and couldn't fall back asleep. The dream had left me shaken, and I was beginning to regret coming on the tour. I knew that I shouldn't let something like this worry me so much, but I couldn't help it. If I was going to be known worldwide, I wanted it to be for something good, not for some jackass reporter putting words in my mouth. The more I thought about it, the sicker I felt. I soon came to realize, however, that no matter what happened I was glad I came. The thought of leaving Frank nearly made my heart stop altogether.

He stirred beside me, and I waited for him to wake up. He scrunched up his nose, but continued sleeping. Normally, I wouldn't have bothered him, but I was sick of laying there, the only one awake. I kissed him softly and his eyes shot open.

"Morning," he smiled.

I grinned back. During the time I'd had to think, I'd had a revalation. I knew that I had to tell him what I'd realized. "I love you."

He blinked in surprise, then his smile returned. "I love you, too."

"I already knew that."

"Yeah, but I thought it would be polite to say it back."

"Well, thanks, I guess."

The bunk was pretty crowded if you were doing anything but going to sleep, so it wasn't long before we were on our usual spot on the couch with hot cups of coffee.

"Morning," Mikey mumbled a few minutes later when he entered.

"You look cheery this morning," I said.

"No, I don't."

"Learn the meaning of sarcasm, please," I laughed.

"I didn't sleep very good last night."

"Why not?"

He shrugged. "Couldn't get comfy."

"I was pretty comfy," Frank snickered, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"You guys are the wierdest couple I know. And I've known Frank and Ariella for quite awhile."

"That's because we're so much better than them," Frank winked at me, and I giggled.

"I said wierder, not better," Mikey argued.

"Yeah, and I said better!"

"Okay, guys, we all know how much a fight between two people can include everyone. Let's not start that again," I interrupted.

"Agreed." I jumped at the sound of a voice behind me. I spun around to see Gerard grinning.

"Sorry, Molly. Didn't mean to scare you."

"Bullshit! I bet that was your plan all along."

"Me?" he plastered an innocent look on his face. "Have anything but the purest intentions? Never."

I picked up a cushion from the couch and threw it at him. He caught it and threw it back. I ducked, and the cushion hit Frank in the face, who sat stunned for a moment. I laughed at the confused look on his face. He tossed the cushion at Mikey, who was caught completely off guard. I picked up another cushion to defend myself, and soon there was a war happening. We were all laughing and shrieking as we beat on each other mercilessly.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" Bob demanded, standing in the doorway.

"We woke the beast," Frank pretended to be scared.

"We're just having fun, Bobert. You should try it," I picked up a cushion.

"Bobert?" he asked.

"You heard me," I tossed the cushion at him. He tossed it in the air a few times before throwing it at Frank, who dove out of the way. Suddenly the war was back on, and it wasn't long before we were sprawled across the room, exhausted and out of breath.

"Okay, that was fun," Bob admitted.

"Told you," I grinned, hitting him in the face with the cushion I was holding.

He took it from me and held it threateningly. I yelped and crawled over to Frank, and he wrapped a protective arm around me. We all laughed and I was completely at peace. All thoughts of the magazine article had been pushed from my mind, and none of it really mattered. I had an amazing boyfriend who loved me, and I had a great group of friends who were there for me. They weren't worried about the article, so why should I be? I decided then that I would take it when it came, but until then I wasn't going to think about it. I had more important things to think about, like the people that were there in that carefree moment with me.