Sister, I'm Not Much a Poet but a Criminal

Chapter 20

I couldn't believe how far we'd come. Not only Frank and I, but the tour itself. We were well over half done, and the concert that I was most excited for was fast approaching. It was the one closest to home, and Brooke had not only bought tickets, but she had floor seats. I was going to go moshing with her. Not to mention, I was going to get her to meet Frank.

"Excited?" Frank asked when we woke up that morning.

"I'm always excited when I wake up next to you," I whispered, cuddling into him.

He chuckled and held me tight. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you."

I felt my stomach squirm in sheer happiness.

Apparently, everyone knew how important the show that night was. They were all acting a little strange, and Mikey seemed somewhat nervous.

"Just think, if I hadn't come with Ariella, I would have been out there tonight anyways. Don't be nervous, you'll do great. It's not hard to impress Brooke," I turned to Frank. "She'll love you."

"As much as you do?"

I frowned. "She's not allowed to love you that much."

He looked a little relieved and squeezed my shoulders slightly. "Good, 'cause I don't want to have to love her that much."

"And why would you do something like that anyways?"

"Out of obligation. I mean, if she loves me that much, I've kind of got to love her back."

I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ouch," he whined, rubbing the spot where I'd hit him.

I stuck out my bottom lip in a mocking pout. "Poor baby. Need a hug?"

He sniffed loudly and nodded. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How tall are you?"

"Oh, great. We're getting into short jokes now, are we?"

"I'm just curious, that's all. I think we're the same height."

"Oh yeah? How tall are you?"

"According to my driver's lisence, I'm five-foot-four."

"Fuck," he muttered. "I thought for once I was taller than someone."

I smirked. "Not quite."

As preparations for the concert began, I sat on the stage. I dangled my legs over the edge and listened to the sound checks and watched as all the lights were tested. It wasn't long before seats started filling up, and as people filed onto the floor I recieved a lot of odd looks.

"Molly!"

I leapt off the stage and ran through the crowd as soon as I heard her. I met her with a hug and I nearly cried. It had been way too long since I'd been face to face with Brooke.

"You've changed so much!" she exclaimed as she looked me up and down.

"You haven't," I countered, and we both laughed.

"It's hard for me to change when I'm stuck at home. You get to hang out with amazing people and see new sights. I'm so jealous it's not even funny!"

"Well after the show you get to meet them," I grinned. I hadn't told her that part of my plans yet.

"What?! You're kidding!"

"I'm going to introduce you to my boyfriend," I announced. She also didn't know that Frank and I were dating.

"Who is it?" she begged for information, but I simply shrugged.

"You'll find out soon enough."

"That's so not fair."

"Fine, I'll go backstage and leave you here."

"No! I missed you, Molly. Don't leave me!"

I laughed. "You're so helpless on your own."

We began to make our way to the front of the floor. It wasn't a huge thrill for me anymore, but Brooke hadn't been anywhere up close to the band before. It wasn't long before the stadium was filled and the lights dimmed. The crowd cheered and I felt the familiar surge of adrenaline run through me. Brooke and I fought our way through the mosh pit to get to the front. She was watching Gerard, but all I could focus on was Frank. He winked and grinned as he started to play.

I screamed along with everyone else as they opened the show, and Brooke and I attempted to dance. It's a difficult thing to do when you're being bombarded by bodies on all sides. We linked arms and swore not to let go.

When the music died and the crowd began to disperse, I pulled Brooke backstage. I couldn't wait for her to meet the guys. I couldn't wait for Frank to meet her, either.