Exposed

Flash

“Damn.” I cursed, studying over the pictures scattered among my desk. Over fifty pictures were laid down, all of them filled with models, clothes and accessories. However, for each picture, nothing stood out. None of them caught my attention.

As I leaned down strands of my dark brown hair fell loose from the oversized clip that once held them. I swept them out of my way, sitting up straight in my chair.

“Eh. Screw it. Time to go bother Alcuin.” My mood switched rather quickly as I let my mind wander off the job that existed in font of me. Yes in fact, the job. My career consisted of being a photographer for a fashion magazine. Not the best, but it works.

Bouncing up from the chair, I happily made my over to Alcuin’s room; which was only a few steps away with it being right across from mine. We live in a rather small apartment.

Finding knocking unnecessary at the moment, I barged right in, regretting it immediately.
I seriously never learn. As like many times before, when I randomly go to bother Alcuin, he’s always caught in his little romantic and slightly awkward moments. This time is definitely no different.

Alcuin had Locklin, his Scottish ‘friend’, pinned to the wall in a suggestive manner. His mouth appeared to be attached to his neck, and with how close they were, I wouldn’t even be able to fit a piece of paper between them. See what I mean by awkward moments?

By the way ladies and gentlemen, that man over there, the one that’s pressing another guy against a wall, he’s my husband. Yep, that’s my completely homosexual husband.

Strange? Quite definitely.

Confusing? Possibly.

Fucked up? Very much.

I slammed the door shut with my emerald green eyes wide, leaving them to their little games. They took no notice of me, too absorbed in themselves to care. Once again, that is my husband, I repeat, that is my husband.

Well really, he’s more of my best friend than a husband. Relationship wise that is. Officially, according to the certificates, he’s my husband. Although, I really don’t think that means much. Not in this case anyways.

The real situation of this is that Alcuin has to hide his sexuality. That’s right; no one knows he’s gay. Not even his parents. Especially not his parents actually. They’re what one would call homophobes. With how they were raised, homosexuality is looked down upon.

So, to hide his preference from his parents, he married me. Just out of the blue he married me. With approval from his parents, it worked out perfectly. I mean, not counting events like the one that just happened. Other than that, it’s all good. The out of a whim idea of ours has yet to crash and burn so it can basically be considered a success.

But I guess I better not jinx it.

With Alcuin currently preoccupied, my option of bugging him was terminated. I could either A) Go back to doing the fashion magazine project, or B) Find some inspiration to finish the project.

Not going along with either, I walked over to the balcony, grabbing my camera as I passed by it. You never know when a perfect subject for photography might randomly appear.

Photography isn’t just a mere career for me. It’s a passion of mine. It just so happened to be that the only photography job I could find was at a fashion magazine. Ain’t I lucky?

Upon approaching the balcony, I saw a stream of smoke rising from the balcony below mine. I hung over the edge with camera in hand, zooming in to see what it was. The camera’s screen showing a guy around my age, possibly a bit older, with a cigarette clenched between his teeth. He took another puff, oblivious to the fact that I was watching him. His grey eyes were revealed as he ran his finger through the mess of black hair.

I continued to stare, observing his every detail. It was then, when he looked up, that I took a picture, capturing a bewildered look on his face. As the flash went off he swore, stumbling backward.

“What the fuck?” He asked himself before completely falling back, obviously blinded by the flash. To conclude the moment, the breaking of glass could be heard, along with a few more swears.

Ah, damn; I forgot to turn off the flash.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one of new story...
Please comment and subscribe. =)
I would love you if you did.

Critisisim, suggestions or ideas would also be lovely.
If I get some positive feedback on this story, I'll continue with posting it on here.