The Girl Is Mine

The Girl Is Mine.

Alex sang the words into her ear that made her grin.

"His Girl Friday... his girl friday..."

She giggled and turned at an awkward angle to kiss him.

"I love you Alex Gas-"

But she woke up, angrily. Of course he would never see her, would never be near her. It was always just a dream.

Livy threw on her uniform, maybe a day going in early would make up for the ten days that she went in late. She wanted it to seem like she actually cared enough about her job as a waitress to get there on time- clean and fresh like all the other girls.

Really though, she could have cared less about her job. It was money for food, bills, and clothes though, and for that she was grateful.

"Hi Marie." Livy attempted a smile but could barely do that. Nothing could make her happy after her depression from the morning.

"Livy! You're early! That's a first."

"Yeah... You can leave early if you'd like."

"Alright! Thanks."

"No problem."

Livy began clearing her tables for the new customers to come in. It was a "seat yourself" type of place, sort of like a diner.

She sighed and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She began humming "His Girl Friday" and was so lost in thought, she didn't even hear the bell alerting her to new customers.

She was swaying a little as she wiped off the table and turned around, seeing a few familiar boys.

"Hi."

"Hi," one of the boys replied, "is this table taken?"

William Beckett, Patrick Stumph, and Alex Gaskarth stared back at her.

"Um, no."

She smield brightly. Out of all the empty tables, they chose hers to sit at. Hum.

"I'm Livy, I'll be your server today. What can I get you guys to drink?"

She set menus out in front of them.

"Oh, she's MY server." Patrick said.

"Psh. She's MINE." Will said with a grin.

"Wanna bet? Livy? Who's server are you?"

"Guys, guys, guys," Alex said with a smirk, "The girl is mine."

He winked at her then, causing her heart to explode. ALEX GASKARTH HAD JUST SAID SHE WAS HIS GIRL.

"But she was singing my song. Thus, she is mine." William continued.

"You heard that?" Livy asked, shyly.

"Yes. You have a very pretty voice."

"Thank you." She looked to her feet.

"No need to be embarassed, Livy, love." Alex grinned at her again.

"Um, so what can I get you guys?"

They all laughed. "Just water, thank you." William said for the group.

She gave them their waters, and Alex slipped a paper into her hand while the other boys weren't looking.

"Can I get you anything to eat?" She said with a blush.

"YES! CHEESECAKE!" Patrick said with an excited smile.

"I'll second that."

"I'll third it!" Alex said last.

Livy looked at the paper Alex had slipped her while she was arranging the cheesecake on her tray.

"Can I have your number?"

She quickly scrawled her number onto the paper and handed it back to him as she put their plates down in front of him.

They ate their food in silence and waved good bye to Livy.

"I'll call you!" Alex whispered in her ear with a smile as he passed her.

"Alright." Livy replied breathlessly, but he had already gone, singing "His Girl Friday" as he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I tried, eh?
What did you think?