The Girl Is Mine

I Can Barely Move.

"I like the color blue."

Livy was playing with his hair and grinning from ear to ear. The sun was setting and they were in a park, lying on the grass.

"I like the stars," Alex said, watching the sky with intent. It looked as if he was trying to make the twinkle in the eyes of the lights move.

"The stars are the street lights of eternity,” Livy said, quoting a Rosicrucian proverb.

Alex propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her with a light smile lying on his lips. He tucked a small white flower behind her ear and began humming a song as he leaned back down into the grass. He plucked a few blades out, shredding them with his nails.

Livy searched his eyes for something. She wasn't sure what, but she could feel that he was holding something in. She grinned and kissed him.

"I like the sky," she said, roping his hand in hers.

"The sky means nothing to me," he said, "if you can't be my moon."

"Then I will be your moon, orbiting around my world."

They kissed as the last of the sun hid behind the clouds and the stars shined especially bright.

Later that night when Livy got home, she put the flower in a cup of water and took a shower. She washed her hair with Alex's favorite coconut shampoo and sang a few lines of some All Time Low songs.

You couldn't remove the smile from her face even if you ripped her lips off. It was stuck to her skin like she had been born with a permanent grin.

The phone rang and she answered with a light, airy voice.

"Hello?"

"Oh Miss Olive, how I love you!" Alex's voice sang and then he hung up.

She giggled and fell back onto her bed, feeling more awake than ever. Nothing, not even forever, could take the wide eyes away and make her lids sew themselves shut.

She was so bored she eventually found herself painting her nails. They were a pretty whiteish color with black designs. She shamlessly put Alex's initials on her ring finger, secretly hoping that one day a ring would reside there.

Until she found herself crawling under the covers, she fantasized about her wedding with Alex. She had it all set out and made up in her mind. She even had her wedding song picked out, wrongly enough. In her mind, the day was beautiful, just like Alex.

When she woke up, Sam was sitting in her living room, sipping some liquid that was emmiting steam. "Morning," Sam said, her attention still on the magazine she was reading.

"Hi?" Livy questioned.

"I just wanted to know how last night went!" Sam said, looking up.

"It was beautiful. We watched the sunset in the park. I had such a wonderful time just listening to his voice."

"That's so great! Oh! You did your nails! Let me see, please!"

Livy showed off her paint job and Sam stood up. "You messed up that one. Want help?"

"Please."

Sam was good at doing nails. She had patience and she liked the feeling she got whenever someone complimented her "work."

Sam walked to the bathroom and got the nail polish remover and cotton balls. She grabbed the white and black nail polish out of the cupboard and brought it out to the livign room.

Livy tied up her hair and the two girls sat on the floor, talking.

"So what's up with you?" Livy asked.

"Sean and I are getting back together."

"Why?"

Sam shrugged. "I love him, I guess."

Livy sighed. "Well that's good... I guess."

Sam nodded and carfully drew a line on Livy's pinky. She blew on the nail and shut the bottle. "We're done here!" she exclaimed with a smile and stood up to take the stuff back to the bathroom.

Livy saw the same look in her friend's eyes as the one Alex's had displayed the night before. She didn't know what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found a notebook with things I wrote in the seventh grade decorating the pages. It gave me this idea, and I changed my mind about the plot I was telling miss Livy herself about last night. Sorry. I hope you liked this. =]