The Girl Is Mine

Too Much Time.

The concert had gone well. Sam and Livy had lots of fun but deep inside a little bug was creeping out of Livy's stomach and into her esophagus.

She wanted Alex to stay with her and hold her. She wanted to kiss him and touch him and spend the day with him.

But he was so far away...

She waited at night for the phone calls he had promised. Every night the phone would ring and he would answer cheerfully. Sometimes he'd also call in the morning, even if he was three hours behind her schedule because of a time zone difference. They could sit and talk for hours.

Her favorite thing was when he'd sing her to sleep. His voice would carry over the phone line and ring in her ear for minutes after they'd hung up.

The night before when he had called, Livy whispered, "I wish you were here."

And he said, "Me too... Listen love, I've got to go. I love you."

"I love you too."

And then he sighed and said with sadness on his voice, "I miss you so much."

She chocked back tears and said, "I miss you too."

Then they hung up and her hand burned for hours, her sleep interrupted by thoughts of him and only him.

But on that particular day, Alex was planning a surprise for Livy. He canceled the show in California and was flying to see her for a few days. He couldn't stand to be away from her.

He'd gone to buy her a present before he left California and found a beautiful dress and coat from Hot Topic that looked just like Bella's from New Moon, a movie Livy was very anxious to see. He bought them for her, along with a white gold necklace with a small locket hanging from it.

He couldn't wait to see the look on her face when he showed up with her presents and kissed her for the first time in months.

He sat on the plane, praying the dress and locket were okay and that Livy was safe and at home, missing him as much as he was missing her.

Livy was vacuuming. She had her hair in a very messy bun and she was listening to All Time Low at a very high volume. She was dressed in tight black skinny jeans and a long sleeve purple shirt along with her lock necklace. She was singing along and dancing with a spare hairbrush she found on her dresser when the doorbell rang. She shook out her hair quickly and ran her fingers through it, checking the mirror before she opened the door.

She wiped off some stray eyeliner and smiled, muttering "good enough" while pulling away the lock to let in the stranger behind the door.

When she opened it to reveal Alex and two boxes, she smiled so hard her cheeks hurt. Then she blushed with the realization that his music was blasting behind her.

"Alex!" She screamed, throwing her arms around him.

He set the boxes on the side table right next to the door and hugged back, pulling away only slightly for a kiss.

"I got these for you," he said once they were inside and settled. "Open the biggest first."

She took the box from him and unwrapped the paper carefully. When she opened the box and found the Bella dress, she had to hold back a gasp.

"It's beautiful. Oh Alex, thank you so much."

"There's more, open the rest," he urged her on.

She opened the coat and nearly cried. He knew her so well. "Thank you so much... I love them."

"There's one more. Close your eyes though, it's not in a box and I want to put it on you. Hold back your hair." He fastened the locket around her neck and then said, "Open your eyes."

She looked down and saw the locket, her mouth forming a small "o" in excitement. "Alex it's so beautiful."

"Just like you," he said with a smile. "I'm glad you like them."

"I do, I love them."

"Good."

She kissed him and found his hand with her own. She stood and began pulling him to the bedroom.

"I've missed you so..." she whispered as she shut the door behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in sooo long! I'm so sorry.
I hope you like this.
Please comment.
For Livy, with love.
<33