Bend Me Over Backwards

Mother, May I?

I awoke to the sensation of something poking my side. Eyes opening wide, I saw Gerard poking me with a small smile on his face. The top buttons were undone on his pajamas and his hair was tousled. I crookedly smiled at him and then yawned. “Morning sweetie,” I mumbled stretching my arms out behind me.

“Good morning Frankie,” he said to me full of vigor. Gerard crawled over to me and gave me a hug. He still smelled of lavender from his bath. I wrapped my arms around him hugging him tight to my chest. I never wanted to let go. Gerard wheezed. “Frankie…I…can’t…breathe,” he managed to get out.

I instantly let go of him to see him fall back onto the bed. “Gee, are you okay? I’m sorry,” I said looking over his face. I pushed his hair away from his face. “Gee?”

He smiled bringing his hands to hold my face. I didn’t know what he was going to do. I kept my eyes locked onto his and soon I noticed my face was being brought towards his. Our lips collided in sweet heat with our eyes fluttering shut. Despite us both having sleeper’s breath, we continued to kiss. I shifted my position on the bed until I was straddling Gerard. My right hand was deeply entwined in his damp ebony hair. My left was gently sliding up and down his side. Gerard simply laid there kissing me back.

He was still a novice at kissing, but he was a good kisser nonetheless. I parted us for just a second to catch my breath. Pulling my right hand out of Gerard’s hair I began to caress his face. I leaned down again and began to assault his neck with kisses. Gerard let out a loose giggle from his swollen lips. I picked my head up and looked at him.

“That tickles,” he laughed.

I grinned at the sound of his laughter it was beyond cute. I pecked his cheek and sat up pulling Gerard into my arms. “Gerard, what do you say to going into town and just having fun today? You know see the world for all it’s worth?” I asked.

“That would be nice. Umm Frankie?”

“Yes, Gee?”

“Can we look for my little brother and my mom too? They promised they would come back for me, but as you can see that never happened. I want to find them, especially my little brother,” he said with sorrow lining his voice.

I nodded quickly to his request. “Of course we can look for your little brother Gee. I’ll even have my friend help us out. He’s in law school and can probably get to some files if he really needed to.”

“Thank you Frank, so much. You have no idea how much this will mean to me if we find them,” he spoke burrowing his head into my chest.

“Let’s get ready then. I’ll have Ray start breakfast and Bob will get a bath going for you. I’ll call my friend and see if we can get together with him today. After that,” I kissed the top of his head, “who knows what might happen.” I took Gerard out of my embrace and laid him down on the bed. I climbed out my feet hitting the cold hardwood floor. I walked to the door of the room and opened it. Ray and Bob stood outside of the room with smiles on their faces.

“Morning Frank,” Bob said smirking at me. “What can we do for you this morning?”

“Bob I’m going to need you to run a warm bath for Gerard and find him something to wear. Ray, can you start breakfast or something because I know Gerard’s hungry. I have to call Mikey because I’m going to help Gerard find his little brother,” I said to them. They both nodded and walked off.

I walked to my room picking up my cell phone when I reached it. I dialed Mikey’s number and waited for him to pick up. Mikey was a good friend of mine from school. He was very intelligent for all the stuff he’s been through in his life. From what I knew about him at an early age he watched his mother abandon his brother and ever since he’s strived to be the best at everything.

“Hello?” Mikey asked into the phone sounding groggy.

“Mikey, I hope I didn’t wake you up, but I need your help with something,” I said urgently into the phone.

“You didn’t wake me up Frank and what is it do you need help with?”

I told Mikey my story about Gerard and everything. I was slightly out of breath at the end since I was rushing my words.

“Gerard? His name is Gerard. Frank do you know his last name?” Mikey asked insistently.

“I’m sorry Mikey, I don’t. Why?”

“My brother the one I told you about his name was Gerard.”

A small gasp escaped my mouth. “Do you think it could be him?”

“I don’t know Frank. How about I drop by your place in the next twenty minutes?”

“That’s fine with me and Mikey if he really is your brother know that he wants to see your mom too,” I said. Close to a year ago Mikey’s mother died of lung cancer. It had devastated him so much he couldn’t function. I had him stay with me while he grieved.

“Alright, I’ll see you in twenty Frank.” Mikey hung up.

I shut my phone and walked back to Gerard’s room to find it empty. I guessed Bob took him to his bath. Walking to another bathroom in my house I stripped naked and showered.

╪♥╪

“Mikey, it’s nice to see you,” I uttered opening my front door to see my good friend.

“Long time no see Frank. Have you gotten taller?” He asked patting my head. Mikey was considerably taller than me. He was lanky and had light brown hair. Glasses adorned his face evening it out.

I kicked his shin causing him to wince in pain. “No short jokes, you bean stalk,” I retorted.

“Where’s Gerard?” He asked pulling off his beanie and jacket.

“He’s in the kitchen eating breakfast. Waffles are on the menu you want some?”

“No thanks Frank, I’m kind of anxious to see Gerard because he could be my brother and all.”

“Well then, shall we?” I began to walk to the kitchen, Mikey behind me. Entering the room, I saw Gerard biting into a blueberry waffle. I smiled at him. I looked behind me to see a frozen Mikey. “Gerard?” I asked attempting to get my angel’s attention.

He turned his head, “Yes?”

“This is my friend Mikey,” I said gesturing to the frozen person behind me.

Gerard stood up and ran over to Mikey and engulfed him in a hug. I spun around quickly and saw that Gerard had tackled Mikey to the ground and was crying. Mikey also had his arms around Gerard and he too was crying. I didn’t understand why they were acting like this until Gerard spoke.

“Mikey? Mikey is that you? Oh my god Mikey it is you! How are you? How’s mom? I’ve missed you so much,” Gerard cried into Mikey’s shoulder.

“Gee? Gee, it’s you! It’s really you! I’ve been good I kept half of my promise though. I never came back to find you. I was too wrapped up in my own shit and selfish,” Mikey said to his brother.

They both sat up and looked at each other. Gerard then placed his hand firmly on Mikey’s shoulder. “Mikey how’s mommy?”

Mikey swallowed before responding. “Gerard, mom died last year…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Here is chapter seven for you all I hope you like it. Gerard is now finally reunited with his brother. I wonder what's next for everyone!

Comment to make Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray happy!

Love and Doodles,

Tara