Bend Me Over Backwards

Don't Fade Away

Gerard crumpled into Mikey’s arms. For such a pale guy Gerard looked ghostly white. Mikey held Gerard up so he wouldn’t hit the ground. I told Mikey to take Gerard into the den and lay him down. Mikey pulled my angel up and carried him to the room.

Gerard had never looked so fragile before. He appeared to be sweating profusely as Mikey laid him down. The lights in the room were dim, but made Gerard’s skin shine. I kneeled beside him, placing my hand on his forehead. “Mikey he has a fever, his head is sweltering,” I spoke worried. I took my hand off his head and laced my fingers with his. Mikey looked pale and terrified. “Ray, Bob,” I yelled out.

My two butlers responded quickly to my call. “You rang for us, oh shit what happened?” Bob asked.

I was too worried to give them complete answers. “Take care of Mikey, he’s looking too pale,” I spoke. That’s when Gerard’s body started to shake. He was convulsing on the couch. I tried to hold him down, but I couldn’t. “Bob, call 911!”

╪♥╪

The ride to the hospital was horrid. Gerard wouldn’t stop shaking. The EMTs got him onto a stretcher and carried him away. I ran after them hoping to ride in the ambulance with my angel. I was quickly shooed off when I got there. Ray eventually drove us all to the hospital behind the ambulance Gerard was in. The scenery was blurred since I had broken down in tears. I wanted to know what was wrong with him. I wanted to know what was wrong with my angel face.

Sitting in the waiting room, I thought of all the things that could cause this. Mikey had his head between his knees. Ray and Bob sat stone silent in their seats. I kept my focus on the hallway into which Gerard was wheeled down. I didn't want my baby hurt. Time passed slower than ever. People came in and out. Everyone received answers except us. I was getting fed up with it all. The white walls, the white chairs, they were pissing me off.

I stalked over to a desk where two nurses were sitting pigging out on donuts. I turned on my manly charm. "Excuse me ladies, but would you please tell me how Gerard..." I stopped speaking. I still didn't know his last name. The nurses clad in pink scrubs looked at me waiting.

"Way," said Mikey from his seat, "Gerard Way."

The nurses both stood up and walked down the hallway where they took my angel. I stood jaw open at how they didn't respond. Moments later they returned with a tall man in white coat. In fact, his whole outfit was white. "Were you the man who asked about Gerard?" The man in white asked.

I nodded and advanced toward him. "Yes, what's wrong with him?"

"Come with me," he said gesturing to follow him. I did.

I walked pass the row of people in the hallways the man was leading me through. The man who I assumed to be the doctor kept quiet. He soon stopped in front of a blue curtain. He pulled it back and revealed Gerard.

My darling was in one of those disgusting hospital gowns while an oxygen mask covered his mouth and nose. I rushed to his side and brushed his hair from his face. His fever was gone and he was breathing soundly. His body laid still.

"Gerard, honey wake up," I whispered pushing back his hair again. "Gerard, please wake up," I pleaded.

"There's no use in trying. He's comatose," the doctor said.

I sharply turned my head to face the doctor. "Comatose? You mean he's in a coma? Do you know when he's going to wake up? Is he going to be alright?" Questions then came flying from my mouth. Gerard couldn't be in a coma. He's supposed to wake up and smile.

"He's fine. Gerard just went into such a shock it affected his mind strongly causing the convulsions. We don't know when he'll wake up, but we suspect it won't be soon."

"Can we take him home at least? Like keep him like this but have him stay in my home?" I asked awkwardly. I was losing my grip.

The doctor sighed, "He'll need to be watched over constantly just in case he wakes up, but yes you have the ability to take him home."

I could feel myself slipping from reality. This couldn't be happening. Gerard had so much more life to see. He was just released into the world. "Can you give me a minute alone with him?"

The doctor nodded and walked away pulling the curtain to enclose me and my angel. I looked toward Gerard and grabbed one of his hands. I stood there looking at my silent love.

He was my sleeping beauty now. I couldn't help but cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably fairly short, but it keeps the story moving. I had an idea to do this and it figured well with were I want this to go. I hope you don't hate me for doing this to Gerard. Please, please don't kill me! Comment if you want to.

Love and Doodles,

Tara