The Good Fight

A Girl In The Dark

At the local downtown town rail station, that nobody ever spent the time to go too a girl stood fixed in the dark, waiting for her opportunity. She watched the rail bridge, waiting, fixed, watching. She looked at the worried couple, trying to figure out the fastest escape out of town, the woman clutching her baby close. They had to run, had to get out, somehow, anyhow.

The girl lifted her gun and set the baby in her sights,
“do it now.” A harsh voice hissed from her walkie talkie.

“shut up or your blow the cover” she harshly bit back
3...2...1

She shut her eyes, and inched her figure to pull the trigger now. She didn’t see the figure creep behind her knocking her out cold in a single hit.

“Pete id get out of here if I was you, its not safe anymore.” He said kicking the girl

Pete looked down to the shadows
“what are you doing here?! If they see you’re a goner,”
“and you would have been too if I hadn’t have come”
Pete walked down the rail bridge to meet the figure.
“who is she?”
“Her name is Lucy Bennet, she’s part of the S.O.W”
“Brendon, you need to get out of here now”
Brendon picked up Lucy’s gun.
“pretty isn’t she?”
He pointed the gun to her head and pulled the trigger
“or rather she was” he chuckled
“Brendon you need to get out too. There find you.”
“take Ashlee and Bronxs and leave Pete, you should have left when you first knew, It’s thanks to you and people like her! That she’s dead!...Save the world…FROM WHAT!...just leave Pete, take what you have left and leave….I don’t have anything to leave for not now that she’s gone.”
“one problem there what do we do with the person you just killed!”
Brendon turned he’s back to walk
“I’m sure you figure out something Pete.”
Brendon slunk out of the light and back into the shadows of witch he came from.
“Ashlee?” Pete called
“what?” the girl clutching her baby called
“bring Bronxs here.”
“why Pete why!”
“because it’s the right thing to do.”

Ashlee handed Pete the baby and spoke softly to him

ok buddy you know what to do right?”

The baby giggled and slowly tears rolled out he’s eyes. Pete caught he’s tears in he’s hands, and where tears one lied two sparkling blue diamonds appeared. Pete bent down and place the diamonds in Lucy’s mouth, slowly she started to breath.