Letters To Rae Rae

January Twenty-Second thru Twenty-Eighth

Dear Rae Rae,

I have no excuse. Again. I'm just forgetful. I'm sorry.

We've had snow days all week. And our state has been declared a state of emergency. There's ice and snow EVERYWHERE! They called off mom's work today too. She said if they can get a ride Amanda and David can come over. YAY! I hope they are allowed. But, you know. Seeing as we are in a state of emergency and they're saying to only go out if it's absolutely necessary, the chances are slim.

Saturday, David and I went to see Paul Blart, Mall Cop. Oh my gosh, that movie is absolutely hilarious. Then, after the movie we came back here and ate dinner and watched Sweeney Todd. I had such a good time with him. Oh! He tuned my guitar for me and played it some. He's really good. He kept offering to teach me, but I just wanted to hear him play. It was great.

I learned something valuable yesterday. If there's about an inch of ice over about six inches of snow, don't belly flop down a hill. Someone stole our sled, so I just ran and jumped on my belly down the hill beside Nana's house, and the ice really hurt my neck. Haha. Also, we had a mini snowball fight with my dad, and he left a huge whelp on Jacob's backside. It was SO funny.

I need to study my French. My French teacher picked me and a couple others in our class to go to this...competition thing in February. I'm like...nervous. Because I'm kind of good at French, and I know my stuff, but I'm afraid I'm either going to draw a blank, or I won't know at all. So I've been making flash cards on these snow days. With you know...the basics that I know. The numbers through one hundred, the alphabet, simple words and phrases, adjectives. I know a lot of it, but I figure I need to review.

I dunno why, but lately mom has been yelling at me like crazy! I haven't done anything to provoke her, really, she just starts yelling. And then I get yelled at for being upset. I hate it. She's ticked right now because I didn't think there were any hangers in my closet, but there are. Last time I went through it, there weren't any. I'm just not going to say a word, though, because she'll go nuts. We made up these house rules last night, and we all got one. She's already broken hers. And me and Emma get to make up the punishment if mom and dad break theirs. I'm thinking maybe if she breaks hers I can do whatever. That'd be cool. But her's was no yelling, Emma's was no cussing, mine was no hitting, and dad's was to not leave dirty dishes anywhere and to rinse them off and put them in the dishwasher. THANK YOU! Haha. I'm tired of having to soak things in the sink forever then getting in trouble for not washing them.

My allergies have been killing me lately. According to mom, at Nana's, the tree beside her driveway had like huge branches hanging in the driveway from all the ice. I'm shocked that thing hasn't fallen yet. There could be a light breeze and that thing would spit out a HUGE limb.

Well, I have to go.
I have to hang up clothes and stuff.
With love XOXO,
Kaitlin