Such a Lovely Boy

Joke Me Something Awful

“Kids, breakfast-” my mom stopped mid-sentence. I squinted at her, she looked a mix between shocked and confused. I went to stand up then realized Pete’s arm was draped across my stomach. I smirked and climbed out of bed, leaving him to sleep.

*

“Frankie,” my mom sat at the table and looked at me

“Yeah, ma?” I said between chews of food

“You know you can tell me anything, right?”

“Yeah...ok” I replied, confused.

“Anything, ok. You’re my son, I’ll love you no matter what”

“Um, sure” I wondered what she was on about.

“Just...making sure” she trailed off as Pete came downstairs looking still half asleep, his chocolate brown hair sticking up everywhere.

I watched her watching him, the whole situation was awkward. That’s what she means with the whole ‘telling her everything’...things just got a hell load more complicated.

*

“Morning, baby” Pete murmured kissing my cheek before sitting down. Oh dear god kill me now. My mom gave me one of ‘those’ looks. Please will the ground just swallow me up now, I begged.

“Morning Pete...uh, can I talk to you for a second?” I asked him, keeping my eye focused on the table.

“Sure thing, Frankie” he smiled as I walked away from the table he followed me like a puppy.
I stood close to him and whispered lowly so my mother couldn’t hear, She was watching intently from the table even though pretending to read the newspaper.

“Petey, um...you know how last night I was telling you how if my mom found out she’ll be heartbroken and all...” I trailed off hoping I wouldn’t have to explain any further. Thankfully it clicked.

“Mhm...OH! oh crap, sorry I forgot completely” he ran his fingers through his thick brown hair.

“Nah, it’s fine, just in future and stuff, ok” I replied watching my mom whose expression was somewhere between confused and interested as she peered over the paper. God help us if the government ever hire her for a spy. She’s so very subtle and inconspicuous, note the sarcasm, I almost laughed at her.

“Sure, sorry Frankie” he apologized again looking sincere.

“Come on let’s go eat” I said quickly, not wanting to endure anymore of his sorry looks, those brown eyes had a way of sucking you in and swallowing you without even meaning to.

“So, Pete...does your family go to church?” my mom asked sweetly. My eyes went wide as I waited for Pete’s reaction.

“Uh...n-no, they um...they’re not religious” he bit his lip and looked across the table at me, fear screaming silently in those huge coffee eyes.

“Oh, that’s a shame. Not to worry” she smiled again.

“Um, mom haven’t you got to leave for work” I tried, hoping to save Pete.

“Well, I guess so...” she replied and said good-bye and left.

As soon as the door clicked Pete let out a massive sigh of relief.

“Sorry about that” I offered, choking slightly.

“It’s no problem, I’m fine” Pete replied, weakly.

“You wanna have a shower, you look a mess” I laughed at Pete.

“You don’t look much better yourself, Iero” he giggled and went to have a shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next chapters are Petey Wentz's POV so there's something to look
forward to lmfao XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter title and description from I've Got A Dark Alley And A
Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth
by Fall Out Boy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------