Such a Lovely Boy

I Want To Hate You

Pete's POV

“What do we do now?” I asked Frank.

“What do you mean?” he muttered, his head lying on my chest.

“Your mom is gonna figure it out eventually” I replied, pushing his hair off his face.

“I wish you could stay with me, I really do” he spoke softly, sounding like he was falling asleep.

“Me too” I whispered back, wondering what the hell I was going to do.

I lay staring at the ceiling for a long time, do I go home? I can’t, I won’t. Maybe I’ll have to be one of those street kids. I made a promise to myself, one day I’m gonna be something, I’m gonna be someone.

“I’m sure she’ll let you stay, after all it is my fault you can’t go home” he said, after a while.

“Nah, don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine, I’ll find somewhere to stay” I promised, slinging my arm around his waist.

I watched as he slipped into sleep, his hazel eyes closed and he rested his head on me.
“Frankie, I’m uh, home...” I glanced over at the door and saw Frank’s mom standing over me looking at me awkwardly.

Dear ground,
Please swallow me up right now, I’d really appreciate it. Her look, not really angry but definitely confused and uncomfortable, was killing me. How do I explain this one?
~ Pete Wentz.

“Uh, good afternoon, Peter” she said stiffly, her frail exposition faltering slightly.

“Hey Mrs. Iero” I replied, equally as awkward. I pushed my fringe from my eyes and tried my best to untwine my fingers from Frank’s without it being overly obvious.

“Peter, dear...may I talk to you for a moment?” she asked, tucking her skirt under her as she sat down.

“S-sure” I knew what she was going to say, I knew she was going to react, I knew what she’d do. She’ll react the same way everyone else does.

She smoothed the peach fabric of her skirt and tucked her hair behind her ears, it seemed like she was trying to find things to distract her.
I shuffled from Frank, he was still lying on me but luckily he was light, and went over to sit on the couch next to his mom.

“Peter,” she began, “what exactly are your feelings towards my son”
I was a bit taken aback, way to make it subtle. What do I say? Do I tell her the truth? Do I lie? Crap, what the hell am I going to say?

“Honestly?” I started, hoping to prolong the questions until Frank woke, at least.

There was no reply, just a stern look that screamed ‘try me’ splashed on her face. I fiddled with the hem of my shirt as a diversion from answering the question.

“I...I like him” I stammered, recoiling from her.

“Like? As in love, like?” she said as though she didn’t quite grasp what I’d said. I nodded, keeping my eyes focused on the ground.

“I’m sorry, you seem like a nice boy but...but, you’re a boy and that’s the thing” she placed her hands on her lap – like you do in school pictures.

“Yes, ma’am” I nodded feeling like there was a chain around my heart and it was slow being pulled tighter and tighter, getting torn from my cheast.

“I don’t want to cut you out of Frankie’s life completely because he obviously cares for you but I just don’t think that it’s appropriate for you to be...together” she struggled to say ‘together’ but otherwise remained defiant with her choice and I knew this was my cue to leave.

“Thank-you for your hospitality ma’am” I said softly hoping Frank wouldn’t wake until I was long gone. I didn’t want to leave him but I knew there was no real choice.

*

It was getting darker and dirty Jersey isn’t exactly the nicest place to be when you’re alone and vulnerable. Ray told me just the other day they fished another dead body out of the pond in the kid’s park. I shuddered under the fading fabric of my tight shirt, wishing I would’ve grabbed my hoodie on the way out.

*

-----------------------------------------------
Title from Fall Out Boy's The Pros
and Cons of Breathing

------------------------------------------------
Sidenote: Hi guys ^_^ man i'm finally
back. Ha "rumour has it" aka apparently
a d+ isn't as impressive as one [namely,
me] would like to think lol. I'm like "But it's
a plus" and mom's like "mhm, it's also a
d" anyways though good news is i found
a ten cent coin in the bottom of my bag...
well that and i'm back my lovelies lol ^_^