Such a Lovely Boy

You Need Him, I Could Be Him

PETE’S POV

I’ll catch a bus out of this town. Surely Frank won’t miss me that much, he just thinks he does. He lusts after me because he knows his mom won’t let him have me, not because he really likes me or anything like that.

I figured it didn’t really matter where I ran away to because no one will miss me nor will anyone outside of this shitty town know me anyway. I trudged up to the bus depo and sat on the worn seat deciding where best to go, not that it really mattered. Florida always seemed nice, they say it’s where dreams come true...no wait, that’s Disneyland.
Then I noticed someone sit down next to me. I trailed my eyes slowly from the ground up pink chuck taylors, leading to stick-thin black skinny jeans, further up to a thick fur-lined jacket.

Then I think I might have literally gasped when I saw his face – he was the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. His face, slightly feminine but still obviously a boy, was absolutely beautiful, there was no other way to describe it.

His pink lips perfect as if drawn by an artist, his eyes reminded me of melted chocolate brown and lined with smearing make-up. His fringe fell partially over one eye and he looked worried.

“Hey” I said desperately trying to tear my eyes from his amazingly sexy frail body.

“Hey” he replied, jumping slightly as if he’d just realized I was there.

“You ok, you look kinda freaked” I asked watching him play nervously with a silver ring on his finger, it looked like it had something engraved in it but I couldn’t read it.

“Huh, oh...no, I’m fine,” he pushed his hair behind his ear, anxiously staring at the flickering TV screens, “thanks” he managed a weak smile.

“I’m Pete...Wentz” I offered a hand, unsure if he would think I was some creepy weirdo who was half-stoned and deranged off my face.

“Ryan Ross” he smiled, shaking my hand. I watched his tired eyes trace down my body. He’s probably trying to decipher if I was a hobo or just your average demented drunk hung-over from the night before and wandering the streets.

“You must be freezing” he said softly, pulling his silver duffle bag up onto his lap.

“Nah, it’s not so bad” I lied, just glad to be out of the snow outside.

“Here,” he pulled a hoodie from his metallic bag and offered it to me, his eyes locked on mine.

“You don’t have to, I’m fine,” I say I’m fine when I’m not way too often but I don’t want people worrying over me like I’m some sort of defenseless child.

“Seriously, it’s snowing like,” he paused and squinted his left eye in concentration, “like...a lot out there”

I tried not to laugh at how cute he looked trying to think but couldn’t help myself letting out a giggle.

“What” he demanded, playfully, his bottom jaw dropping in fake offense.

“It’s snowing like a lot?” I mocked, raising an eyebrow at him. He scrunched up his face and poked out his tongue.

“Now put on the damn hoodie” he whined, pouting his bottom lip. Big brown puppy eyes stared desperately boring holes in my heart, I didn’t even know him but I was willing to do practically anything he told me.

“Ugh, fine” I sighed pulling it over my head, it smelt so good.

Is that weird...noticing what his clothes smell like? It smelt like a candy store...of all things a candy store? I didn’t understand it either. I took another deep breathe in, it reminded me of when I was a kid. Just a cute little kid going to the candy store all the time, back when no-one hated you...back when you were loved, even if you did something wrong.

“Where are you going?” I asked, wanting to get my mind off the childhood of happiness crap.

“Las Vegas, baby” he said in a retarded accent. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

“Where about you, you’re jersey scum I assume?” Ryan grinned, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

“Uh...” I paused, I had no idea...

“Run away?” he asked, no longer smiling.

“I guess you could say that,” I replied, gravely, folding my arms across my cheast and slumping in the chair.

“Run away with me” he urged, his eyes shining mischievously.

“What?” I choked, not sure I’d heard him right.

“Come with me to Vegas” he placed his hands on my arms and leaned forward waiting for my reply. I actually was considering it, like I said he could tell me to jump in front of a car and I probably would, I think it’s his eyes...hypnotic, almost.

“I don’t even know you” I informed him, as though it was obvious.

“And I don’t know you either, so really when you think about it it’s a brilliant idea” he declared, as though he was quite proud of himself.

“That is, without doubt, the stupidest plan I’ve ever heard” I answered, maybe wishing just a little to run away somewhere as glamorous and over-dramatic as Vegas.

“But that, my dear, is why is just may work” he explained tapping his nose. I stared at him for a moment trying to figure out if he was serious. He smiled at me with a smile that melted me, it had such an innocence about it I couldn’t say no to.

“Well...” I hesitated but then he got up from his seat. Nice one, I thought to myself, way to blow any chances you had there. I watched him walk off...well in all honesty I watched his ass as he walked off.

*

--------------------------------
Title from "Grand Theft
Autumn" by Fall Out
Boy [no way lol]