Such a Lovely Boy

We'll Make Them So Jealous

Then he stopped in front of the ticket purchases, returning moments later with a ticket in his hand.

“Now you have no choice” He slammed the flimsy card into my hand and grinned.

*

“How long is the bus drive?” I asked, leaning against Ryan watching the snow outside the cracked glass window. It’s weird how you can feel so close to someone you just met, it’s almost like you know that something’s supposed to happen...or something. I shook my head trying to stop thinking.

“I don’t know” Ryan replied after a moments thought, “Ages”

“I’m tired” I whined, pulling my knees under my chin. The denim felt harsh against my skin and the weather wasn’t improving.

“The lady said the bus will be here any minute now” he said softly, putting his arm around me. It didn’t make it any less cold temperature-wise but why did I feel like my whole body was on fire then cold as ice. Hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold, the whole thing was quite surreal and confusing.

*

“Is that it?” I asked, pointing to an approaching bus. It smelt strongly of fumes and the paint was faded but it could be worse, I guess.

“Jersey to Las Vegas” shouted the driver, a chubby old guy.

“That’s us” squealed Ryan, grabbing his bag and leaping up from the chair with glee. I forced a smile wondering how all this had happened so quickly. I was running away to Vegas with some random...really hot random, but still...a random, I’d met at a bus depo...

*

“Your phone rang while you were sleeping” Ryan told me as I drowsily lifted my head. Where were we anyway?

“Who was it?” I yawned, huddling closer to him.

“Frank...someone?” he recalled slowly with a shrug.

“Oh...” I murmured, more to myself than Ryan.

“Is something wrong?” Ryan asked, tilting his head to the side. His hair fell over his face again but he quickly swept it away.

“Nothing, it’s...nothing” I sighed, I stared out the window to take my mind off everything – Frank, Ryan, running away, this shit I was in and everytime I’d swim to the surface it was as if a big wave came and dunked me even further than I already was.

I could see Ryan’s reflection in the window, his girlish features still as he stared at me. Why is he looking at me, should I say something?

“So, um...where are we?” I quickly asked, hoping to break the awkwardness.

“Dunno,” he leaned over me to peer out the window.

His chest leaning on my knees, he was so close...his face centimeters from mine. Don’t do anything stupid, I silently shouted at myself. I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t have to see how close he was even though I could feel him there.

“Why are you closing your eyes?” giggled Ryan, a quizzical look on his face.

“Uh,” I stammered, think fast, think fast...the bus hit an abrupt bump and he lost his balance, he landed clumsily on top of me.

“Right there?” I asked, his fragile body collapsed on me.

“Never been better” he laughed, gradually getting up and scrambling back to his seat, still giggling like a little kid.

An old couple boarding looked at us weirdly, maybe because Ryan looked like he had sex hair and he just climbed from the ground and-...or just because they’re creepy old people who look at everyone weirdly...let’s go with that explanation because it doesn’t involve a fascination with Ryan.

I almost hated Ryan for always being on my mind. I almost hated him for being so...pretty. I almost hated him.

“Hi” Ryan grinned, waving at the old people. They just gave him a distasteful look and turned away.

“Well, they aren’t very nice, are they” Ryan sulked, scrunching his nose and flipping them off.

*

“All heading to Vegas, please get off at the interchange approaching” came the drivers crackled voice over the old speakers.

“Ryan, did you hear that?” I asked him, he just sniggered and nodded.

“He said ‘get off at the interchange’” Ryan laughed, his nose scrunched.

“Real mature, Ryan” I shook my head. He smirked and leaned over to me, his lips brushing my ear as he placed his head on my shoulder.

“Wouldn’t you like to ‘get off’, Wentz” he leant back against the arm rest with a grin of satisfaction on his smug face.

I chose to pretend he never said anything and as unclipped my seatbelt, his hand touched mine briefly. I coughed to stop myself saying anything and walked carefully down the bus stairs, who’s to say he’s even gay?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Title: It's not a side effect of the coccaine, i am
thinking it must be love
by Fall Out Boy