Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Jacob Black

“Where are we exactly heading to?” I asked.

Nyx took a quick turn.

“I’m not really sure” her eyes were glued on to the road, “the beach?”

Nyx sneaked a glance at me quickly. She wanted me to do something. Her eyes anxiously shifted quickly between me and the road. I sighed, rolling my eyes. I sank more comfortably into my seat.

“What?” I asked aggravated.

“So… Fancy a quick run?” asked Nyx innocently.

“To the beach?”

“Yep!” Nyx confirmed, “It’s not too far from here anyways.”

I closed my eyes, slightly grumbling, “Fine.”

Nyx comes to a quick stop. The sound of the roaring Rabbit was not too far away. Nyx swiftly pushed me out of the Spider, put the car into forward and rushed away again. I brushed the dust off of my pants and sighed again.

“Stupid Nyx.”

I secured my ipod, Blackberry and wallet in my pants before running off. I sped past many trees, rocks, street lights by the side of the road. Luckily there were no other vehicles on the road beside the Spider and the Rabbit, allowing a clear path for me.

I ran off the road, into the small forest leading towards the beach. I tried my best to safely maneuver the many branches and plants to avoid harming or killing them. The sound of the Spider started to become more distant as I headed towards the beach.

The sounds of the crashing waves began to get closer and closer. There was more laughter in the air, most belonging to little children. The day was definitely a lot more energetic than the night.

I came to a stop, slowing down into a fast walk into the beach parking lot. The soft beach breeze fused with the salt water smell was quite calming. I searched the beach for a familiar face until my eyes fell upon Quil and Embry.

Almost as if on cue, they notice my presence. Both grinning, they ran up to me. They embraced me in a large hug at the same time. Both boys were in swim trunks and are fit as hell. It does make sense though, they are werewolves… I think.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” Embry asked.

“Oh so you don’t want me here?” I suspiciously inquired.

Embry started to panic a bit, “No, no! That’s not what I meant.”

Quil sighed and whacked the back of Embry’s head, “She was joking.” He gave me a warm smile.

“Yeah” I shrugged, inconspicuously putting my hands in my pants, “Well Jacob invited Nyx and me to hang out.”

My fingers slid my Blackberry open. I pressed the buttons to form a text to Nyx. Yes, I’m a weirdo for memorizing my cell phone buttons. My Blackberry buzzed slightly in my hand, signifying the text was sent.

“So where is Nyx?” asked Embry, almost like he was trying to hide his enthusiasm.

“Here.”

Embry jumped back, knocking into Nyx. The two of them fell down onto the pavement. It was a very odd position for the two of them. Embry’s back was on top of Nyx and it looked like he wanted to smother her. In her hand was her ipod and sidekick, which struck out victoriously as it failed to break.

Embry jumped up, slightly crushing Nyx into the ground. She winced at the sudden weight. He frantically pulled her up, engulfing her into a huge hug. Embry pulled her away, hands on her shoulders, looking up and down for injuries.

“Are you alright?!”

Nyx looked around, clueless to see the problem, “Yes…?”

“Thank god.” Embry pulled her into a hug again.

Quil jumped in then pushed off by Embry.

“Embry?” Nyx whispered.

“Mm?”

“You can let go now.”

“No.” Embry argued, clutching her harder, “You’re my new teddy bear.”

Nyx whined, pushing him away, “I don’t want to be a teddy bear. Wolves are cooler.”

Tire marks screeched across the pavement. Jacob in his Rabbit pulled up dangerously close to the four of us. Jacob quickly got out of the Rabbit. He looked at the two of us in disbelief.

“How in the world did you beat me?!”

“SKILLS!” Nyx chimed, punching her fist in the air.

“Rematch.” Jacob glared, stepping a foot away from Nyx.

“Sure, beat you again.” Smirked Nyx.

Quil pushed the two away from each other, “Yeah, yeah… The two of you can race later. My dad wants me to go. So hurry up.”

“Wait Old Quil?” I asked.

Quil nodded, “The guys and me promised to help him. Dad owns an herb shop.”

All of us headed towards the cars where Quil abruptly stopped. He turned towards Nyx and me.

“You two aren’t afraid to get your clothes dirty… Right?”

Nyx stared at him, “Are you serious?”

Quil nodded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. Nyx tackled him onto the ground. She straddled him, pinning him to the ground. Nyx smirked victoriously. She got off and walked to the Spider innocently.

Jacob and Embry laughed at Quil’s blank expression. Quil sat on the concrete road, staring after Nyx. His heart was pounding irrefutably fast. Embry slung Quil over his shoulder, heading towards the Spider. Quil griped at Embry causing Embry to dump Quil’s butt on the ground right by the Spider.

A looming presence fell over me. Shivers went up my spine. I looked to my left. Jacob stood unnaturally close. Heat radiated off of him. He smiled gently at me. Jacob grabbed my arm; my skin burned under his touch and Jacob led me to his Rabbit.

“Here, get in.” said Jacob.

I looked over to the Spider, “But isn’t Nyx giving me-”

Tires screeched and the Spider drove off. Quil, Embry and Nyx cheered loudly down the road.

“Yeah… I don’t think so.” Jacob chuckled, getting into his Rabbit.

“Wait, what about Quil and Embry’s car?” I asked, still standing on the road.

“They didn’t bring them.”

“Then how did they get here?”

Jacob was slightly stumped, “Well… They just ran here.”

“Isn’t that a bit far?”

“Nah, they’re fat. They need the exercise.” Jacob replied smoothly, “You going to get on?”

I nodded, opening the door. My hands were slightly shaking. I sat shot gun beside Jacob. I wasn’t really sure what to do. My hands began to nervously play with each other, twiddling my thumbs. Jacob seemed to notice that and grabbed my hands, caressing them. My head started to feel light.

Jacob spun out of the parking lot and onto the road. The only sound that rang through my mind was the roaring engine of the Rabbit. My hands burned.

“So Kari…” Jacob said after a long silence, “You’re in the same grade as Bella right?”

Of course, Bella.

“Yeah.” I answered, “You?”

“Grade under.” Replied Jacob, “I’m sixteen.”

Sixteen?!

“Are you serious?!” my voice laced with disbelief.

Jacob shrugged, “Does that bother you?”

I shook my head in response before I realized he couldn’t see that, so I told him no.

He chuckled, “Everything going alright?”

“Yeah.” I voiced, “Although no offense, Forks is kind of boring.”

Jacob laughed, “None taken. La Push is all the rage. Only reason people come to Forks is
to come to La Push.” He cockily replied.

“Really now?”

“You know it!” Jacob said.

Silence overtook us once more. I wanted to break it but I couldn’t find what to say. Jacob did though.

“Let’s play a game.” He declared, “How about Truth?”

“Is that Truth or Dare but without the dare?” I asked.

“Yeah. Pretty much. Except if you don’t tell the truth, the entire truth, you have to do something of my choice.” explained Jacob.

“And how would you know if I’m telling the truth?” I questioned.

He shrugged, “I just will.”

“Fine,” I answered, “Let’s go.”

“We’ll start off easy,” said Jacob, “What’s your favorite color?”

“Don’t have one.”

“Liar, everyone has a favorite color.” Jacob accused.

“Guess I’m not part of everyone.” I answered, “My turn! Your favorite food?”

Jacob hesitated, “You know… Just because I’m going easy on you, doesn’t mean you have to for me. I’m a pro at this game. I would say steak is my favorite.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“You in any relationships?” Jacob innocently questioned.

“I believe that is none of your business.” I replied.

“Are you giving up already?” He teased.

I rolled my eyes, “No I’m not.”

“Alright.”

“What about you? Things progressing with Bella?” I mocked.

Jacob seemed to feel slightly dejected but quickly bounced back for some reason.

“Not as well as I like but I’m dealing.” Jacob replied, “What do you think about Bella?”

“I’ve only known her for a day.” I answered, “Can’t really say at this point. Besides, Cullen is kind of an ass. He threatened Nyx and me to stay away.”

“I don’t like Cullen” Jacob bluntly stated.

“Then you will be ecstatic to know Nyx is going to mess with his head. She declared war on him.” I told Jacob.

I could hear Jacob’s grin, “She is one of my favorite people now.”

“Why do you like Bella so much?” the words escaped me before I thought about it.

Jacob grew a bit silent.

“I’m not really sure. She’s my best friend so I’ve known her for a while. Bella is sweet, innocent, naïve, down to earth, amazing and just the best person I’ve ever met.” Jacob dreamily thought.

He was really in love with Bella. Wow.

“Your favorite animal?” Jacob cheekily asked.

“Dogs.” I replied. Dogs were seriously my favorite animals.

“Really?” his voice seemed to sigh in relief.

“Definitely.” I reflected on what I would ask next, “So you know about those La Push legends
right?” I asked.

“Yep.” Jacob answered, “What do you want to know?”

“What can you tell me about the female werewolf? The Estonian Hunt one?” I asked.

“Well…” Jacob trailed off, “The Hunt people are distantly related to the Quileutes. No one commended her to have that affair with the vampire. It was really dangerous. However, she was family and she did imprint with him. So the Quileutes all stood by and tried to support her. Although our guard was constantly up. That didn’t help much considering the vampires killed her.”

“Why?” I pondered, “Why did they kill her?”

“They had a child.” Jacob answered, “It was considered the demon child. They tried to kill Hunt before she had the child. Nearly none of the werewolves strongly stood beside Hunt. But the Quileutes did. That’s probably why there is such a strong animosity between the vampires and werewolves.”

“And the child?” I whispered, “What happened to her?”

“I don’t know if she made it or not. There were so many wars and she was fought over. If it turned out she did survive, it would be a miracle. If I got to meet her, it would be cool. I think she would be the only one my dad would immediately like from first glance.” Jacob turned around to me with a smirk on his face, “I believe Ms. Knowles, that was more than one question.”

I looked around sheepishly, “Yeah well… That’s your fault for letting me.”

He laughed, reminding me of a dog, “Nice comeback.”

I stuck my tongue out at him just as he turned around.

“Don’t do that” he warned, leaving me puzzled to how he could have known, “I might bite
you.”

He might bite me? My face felt a tad warm.

“What’s with the interest in the Quileutes legends?” He asked.

“Sounds interesting to know.” I answered.

“How so?”

“It’s a detailed story. I like stories and if it turned out you guys actually are werewolves, then nothing would shock me.” I hinted.

He laughed, but a sinking feeling came over him. Almost as if Jacob felt guilty for not telling me something, “How would knowing the history not shock you?”

“Well it probably would…” I thought about what I would say next, “But like I said before, I like stories. They’re fun.”

“Alright, if you say so.” Jacob responded, “Your turn.”

The Spider came up to view, parked comfortably by a cool looking shack. Jacob veered
towards the empty spot beside it.

“Are you guys werewolves?” I asked.

Jacob stiffened slightly. He was getting ready to lie.

“Of course not! It’s just a legend.” He thought of a quick retort, “What about you?”

I raised my eyebrow, despite the fact he wouldn’t notice it, “I’m not a Quileute.”

“You better not be.”

He pulled the Rabbit into the spot by the Spider. He got out of the Rabbit. Jacob led me out of the Volkswagen and the two of us headed in.

Nyx, Quil and Embry were laughing heartily with Old Quil. Nyx turned towards me with a grim face, letting it quickly disappear with a smile towards Jacob. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nyx knew everything I did. She was just unique like that.

“Hey Katrina!” Old Quil greeted me with a smile, “You here to work as well?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Jacob Black

Chapter Thirteen! =3
Spring/March break is coming up... Yay! Two more weeks. Just two more. Until freedom...