Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Bella's Birthday Part II (Victoria)

Her long finger nails drew a slicing motion, smearing the drop of blood across my neck.

“Oh?” Victoria spoke mockingly, “You’re not going to scream for help?”

She dug me deeper into the large tree, one leg pressed against my stomach.

“Come on,” she urged, “Just one scream.”

I held back a cry. Victoria began to lick the wounds around my neck. I was loosing blood too quickly from my back. I gripped the bark of the tree, searching for a large stick to allow me some time to escape from her, enough time for my body to heal.

“Beg for me to stop.” She whispered.

A cool liquid trickled down my arm. Victoria drew my head up higher, lifting me slightly off the ground. She snarled at my disobedience. My hand grasped around a rough piece of wood, but it will do. It has to.

“I said beg.” sneered Victoria.

I swung the stick at her head. A loud echoing crack resonated. The stick I held snapped in half. I quickly removed myself from that area and ran. My neck became sore as the wounds began to clot. The leaves whipped around me. I was desperate to return to the road. I could not properly face against a full vampire.

Victoria lunged at me like a cat. Her footing was flawless. More than once, she was less than a centimeter away from snatching me into her grasp for her to do as she pleased. My breathing became labored.

“Come on, you can do better than that!” Victoria provoked.

I abruptly stopped my run, turned around and swung my leg at her head. Her head snapped backwards, her entire body immobile. Victoria flew back into several trees that fell down onto her. She was at least a good 20 feet away from me.

One second passed. Two seconds passed. The tree trunks flew into the air. Victoria punched it into pieces. A nefarious grin graced her lips. She wiped the dirt from her face with her arm. She sardonically clapped.

“You got a couple of surprises up your sleeves don’t you?” Victoria smirked, “Tell me… What exactly are you?”

She took a step forward, crushed a thick fallen log under her foot.

“Are you immortal?”

Victoria took another step forward. I stepped back.

“Perhaps a werewolf? Or maybe…”

She ran right at me. I fled as fast as I could. My back was still injured and the splinters from the tree had to be removed in order for my back to be healed.

“You’re a vampire like me!” Victoria declared.

I reached a dead end by the mountains. The next ledge was more than 50 feet high.

“But your blood is fresh…”

I whipped my head around. Victoria stood gloriously at the end.

“Are you an immortal child perchance?”

I reached around my back, trying to pull out at least one splinter.

“It’s over my dear.”

I yanked out three, relieving myself of pain. My recuperating system went to work.

“Game over.”

A flash of black and red streaked in front of me and tackled down Victoria. Nyx slammed Victoria into the rocks and rushed her into the mountain creating a cave. Within the span of 10 seconds, Nyx jumped back and away from the cave. She grabbed my arm and began to run back towards the road.

Victoria cried out in fury, following us not too far behind. Nyx grabbed my body and boosted me to go quicker. She turned around and charged at Victoria, punching at her body like a rag doll.

“Move Kari!” Nyx cried, slamming her foot down on Victoria’s stomach.

I ran to the road, hearing Nyx’s efforts in fighting Victoria. Trees crashed and crumbled under the extent of two immortals battling to kill. One resounding fall echoed loudly throughout the entire forest.

Dust flew out everywhere causing me to block and duck. I rolled out onto the road, taking cover behind a large tree. A hollow crack vibrated behind me. The top half of the tree above began to tip over on top of me.

I dove to the side of the road, something furry rolled on top of my body, covering it from harm. I opened my eyes to meet dark eyes. Russet colored fur filled my vision. The wolf panted in top of me and whined, pawing at the ground beside me.

“Jake?” I whispered.

I reached up and patted the muzzle. The wolf whined, licking my face. It rolled off of me and stood. It was rather large, reaching up to my mid waist. It snarled towards the direction of the crashes, baring its elongated fangs.

The wolf raced off, eager to join the battle. My back ached. My fingers reached towards another piece of wood, lodged in between my back. I jerked it out, blood coating the tip. All the large pieces were gone, allowing my back to easily heal and destroy all infecting bacteria and disintegrate the little splinters with my vampiric venom.

I raced backed into the forest. The wolf dove at me, pushing me into a ditch behind a rock. We narrowly missed the fallen tree. Nyx and Victoria moved closer and closer to the mountains. The wolf resembling Jacob quickly followed them.

“You’re rather special aren’t you?” said Victoria, “You and your little blonde friend...”

Nyx punched Victoria hard in the face, “What of it?”

Victoria lunged back at Nyx, both wrestling ruthlessly. Victoria grinned.

Nyx kicked Victoria in the side. A sickening crunch indicated Victoria’s ribs were dislodged. Nyx flipped her body around, kicking Victoria on the other side, sending her straight into the mountain once more. Her back roughly slammed against the cold stone.

“Nice to know!” Nyx called back.

Victoria stood up, staggering a bit. She used her fingers and with a nauseating pop, she reattached her ribs. She cracked her knuckles and her neck before giving out a wicked laugh. She brushed her hair out of the way, giving us a clear view of her malicious dark eyes. Victoria stepped closer towards Nyx.

“You’re quite feisty aren’t you?”

Nyx glared.

“I enjoy breaking my meal in.” said Victoria, “You’ll make nice appetizers before I kill that human girl.”

The wolf growled fiercely at her words. That was definitely Jacob.

Sam flew into the scene, his huge wolf body creating a ditch where he landed. His eyes flashed dangerously. He lunged at Victoria too slowly as she kicked him back. His fang tore at her leg. Victoria let out a hiss of pain.

“Don’t mess with me mutt,” she said, “I’m only here to get even with those vegetarians.”

Her eyes flashed sinisterly.

“A mate for a mate.”

Victoria pointed at Nyx and me, “These two…” she smirked, “Are going to be my appetizers. Their blood is simply scrumptious. There’s really no reason for you wolves to be involved.”

Sam glimpsed at Nyx and I, glowering. No one seemed to realize Nyx and me were amalgams. Both Sam and Jacob stood protectively over the two of us. Their dark fur stood straight up, causing them to look twice their size.

Victoria let out a sarcastic giggle, “Then so be it. More fun for me.”

Nyx kicked Sam out of the way as Victoria lunged towards her. Sam skidded back towards us. Nyx used her arms trying to restrain Victoria from biting her. Her entire being was conflicted on whether or not she should use her gift. Risk burning down the forest and revealing what we were to society, both human and immortal.

Sam and Jacob stared down at each other. Both refusing to give in. They seemed like they could speak with each other telepathically. Could they? Because when werewolves are in their wolf form, their minds are linked. But if Sam and Jacob could become wolves at any time, are they really werewolves?

Suddenly, Sam jolted off, pouncing onto Victoria. My air left me as all I could see was russet fur. I was hung over the middle of Jacob. I clutched onto the thickest bunch of fur, attempting to stay on Jacob and not plummet painfully onto the floor.

“What are you doing?” my voice was muffled against the loud wind Jacob ran against.

He gave me no answer and continued to run. My hair whipped against my face harshly, causing my face to burrow into the soft fur. I suddenly fell on the floor just as Jacob halted. My back fell against the concrete road.

I winced at the sore breaching my back. Soft hot breathing from Jacob’s muzzle nudged me to get up. He whined slightly as if to apologize for the rough landing. I grudgingly sat up as Jacob went around, attempting to help me stand.

My body was unexpectedly flipped over once more, landing on my stomach against Jacob’s back. I looked back and no more than 20 feet away, Nyx was wrestling Victoria off her. Sam lunged on Victoria’s back, ripping her away from Nyx. Nyx flung her hair away from her face, spitting out dirt from her mouth.

Victoria flipped Sam off her back. Sam quickly recovered and just as he was about to jump on her again, Victoria grabbed a sturdy trunk, using it as a baseball bat and swung it at Sam’s stomach. He painfully flew into backwards into the woods. Victoria threw the hefty trunk after him.

Jacob growled. Victoria smirked. She hoisted up an entire tree, roots and all above the ground. Victoria swung it right on top of Jacob. Jacob swerved out of the way, pushing me away from the scene. Victoria heaved more and more trees, creating a blockade between her and us.

She rushed at Nyx, heavily slamming her against a large rock. Nyx let out a gasp, coughing out some blood. Victoria’s senses heightened, her thirst for blood increased. She hastily licked the blood, savoring every drop. Victoria’s hunched over form soon gave no sight to Nyx’s face.

Jacob growled, ramming at the blockade of trees. Utterly livid with how strong a bunch of tree trunks could be against his enhanced wolf physique. I punched the tree lightly, leaving only but a dent into it. My hand felt raw against the wood.

Victoria’s cackle echoed through the air. Desperation went through me, both my own and Jacob’s. I pulled my fist back and concentrated on my strength. My fist broke through only one of the many trees. I was frustrated.

My body twisted, kicking my leg up high at the top trunks. I dodged the falling trees, jumping up and broke some more trees. Jacob started to imitate me, destroying from the top down. This was the fastest way to get to Nyx. Using the trees as leverage, Jacob jumped from trunk to trunk. I followed his lead, anxious to help Nyx.

Jacob jumped over to the other side, landing onto the concrete. Victoria’s eyes gleamed once more. In the blink of an eye, she was right in Jacob’s face and punched him into the blockade below me. I silently landed on one of the few remaining trees in the forest.

Nyx’s body was battered. Neither of us was used to ongoing combat. She groaned, stumbling against the rock. Her flesh was pierced on her arm. An astray splinter drew into her arm, expanding the open wood. It reached from the end of her wrist to the top of her forearm. Her body started to collapse underneath her.

Victoria whipped her head. The taste of Nyx’s blood still fresh in her mouth. She ran to Nyx in an unbelievably fast speed. My legs raced her. The feeling of the wood against my torn jeans limited my speed. But I have to push or I would much rather died myself than have had Nyx sacrifice herself for me repeatedly.

A blaze of bronze hair caught Nyx before she hit the ground. Victoria snarled, rushing quicker to claim her prize. The burly dark figure of Emmett wrestled her. She snapped her jaw but Emmett was simply stronger.

I exhaled heavily, barely landing the jump to the ground littered in what were the woods. Nyx lay, scarcely conscious. Her body cradled by Edward. I knelt down to her arm, carefully pushing the splinter out. Nyx’s clothes were coated in many different substances, included a large portion of her blood Victoria was drinking.

“We have to get her out of here.” I spoke hurriedly.

My eyes met Edward’s, his topaz eyes burned with an emotionless stare. He gave me a single nod, but that’s all I needed. He stood up, carrying Nyx gently. Edward held his breath, his body stiffening at the call of Nyx’s blood.

“I will not lose!” Victoria screamed, lashing out at Emmett.

She tore him off herself. Victoria menacing smirked at Edward. Her eyes were no longer black and blood thirsty. She had forgotten all about Nyx and I. Edward glared at Victoria.

“Well, well… About time you turned up,” Victoria smiled, “If you’ve came a bit later, I would’ve been able to get a little appetizer. I guess now, I’ll just go to the main prize.”

Edward stood still, unwilling to move at her provocative words. Victoria glanced down at Nyx, a comprehending expression on her face.

“Let’s see who you’ll choose now will you?” Victoria sneered, “Your precious human that you seem to love so much… Or…”

Nyx groaned, her face was no longer a healthy type of pastel.

“Will you let her die? Someone that’s so much more special, more unique than that pitiful human you love.” asked Victoria cockily, “Tick tock Edward. You don’t have time.”

Victoria disappeared from our eyes. Edward swore. He ran, carrying Nyx in his arms back to Forks. I followed after him, disregarding any secrecy I was trying to keep until now. I briefly looked back, seeing Emmett help Jacob out of the pile of trees.

“Whose with Bella right now?” I asked Edward.

He remained silent, slightly shocked how I could keep up with him.

“EDWARD!” I shouted after him.

“Alice and Rosalie” He angrily replied.

“Where?” I asked.

He glanced at me, the path we were running on became more complicated.

“Mountains.”

Edward made a quick turn to the right up in the mountains. Nyx began to wake, her recuperation system beginning to weave itself around her wounds. Her breathing grew heavier. A narrow ditch was soon in front of us. Edward jumped down, carefully landing. Alice and Bella rushed towards the three of us. Alice carefully took Nyx, laid her down and began to disinfect her arm. The blood began to flow slower.

“How, how do I get the blood to stop?” Alice asked me.

I knelt down on the other side of Nyx. I picked her arm up gently. Her skin was a ghostly white. If I let her drink from my blood, it was possible she would recover easily. But how much blood would she need? Human or animal? Or will mine suffice?

I gulped, looking up to Alice, “Lift her head up, place her on your lap.”

Alice followed my instructions, “What are you going to do?”

I looked at all three vampires around, “Hold your breath. Do not breathe until I say so.”

“What?” Rosalie countered.

Now.” I told her.

I bit my wrist, close to my vein. My fang pierced through my skin. My wrist stung from the contact. I hovered over Nyx’s head, moving my bleeding wrist over Nyx. Her mouth slightly opened, wide enough for the first drop of blood to enter into her body. I dropped my wrist, pressing it against her lips. Something moist licked my wrist.

My fingers clutched Nyx’s wounded arm. My body felt colder and colder with each drop of blood exiting my system. Her mouth suddenly clamped shut. Nyx’s eyes were wide open, staring at me in confusion.

I tore the wound in my wrist, making it a little bigger. I pressed Nyx’s arm against my wrist. My blood infused into hers. Nyx painfully grunted. Her skin was like acid, trying to clot as quickly as possible around the wound. The blood transfusion was working.

Nyx grabbed my wrist, yanking it away from her arm. I licked the remaining blood off of my wrist, allowing it to heal on its own.

I turned around to the Cullens, “Breathe.”

Bella walked over, astonished. “What just happened?”

Nyx messaged her head, closing her eyes.

“Blood transfusion.” I told her.

“What are you two?” Edward demanded.

Nyx abruptly stood up, nearly too quickly and stumbled back. Alice supported Nyx.

Nyx looked at us, alarm in her eyes “She’s here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Victoria