Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Bella's Birthday Part III

Bella was ushered into the cave. Alice and Rosalie stood strong in front of her, acting as gates. Victoria’s scent grew closer and closer, the musk of Nyx’s blood still fresh on her lips. Was she using Nyx’s scent to track us down? Or did Victoria also have a gift?

My eyes glanced at Edward, firm in thought. He had a gift. We’ve seen it on the first day of school. Some sort of telepathic gift. Edward attacked Nyx’s mind, but how? How exactly did he do it? Nyx is also a shield. A strong shield. It would take a lot of mental abuse in order for it to affect her in the way Edward did.

The wind harshly blew, fueling the anticipation of Victoria’s arrival. Nyx tore off the bottom of her shirt, painfully might I add as it was her Jack Barakat band- tee, and wrapped it tight against her wounded arm. She punched the air once, testing her limitations of her arm. Nyx swore as an agonizing sting went through her. I winced.

Edward walked over to Nyx, untying the piece of cloth. He held his breath, lips shut tightly. Nyx was puzzled and nerved by his actions. His face was mere inches away from hers. Edward rewrapped the cloth, making it tight enough to stay on and comfortable. He stepped away as Nyx tried punching again.

“Thanks.” Nyx mumbled, turning her back from everyone.

Impassive and silent, Edward stared at Nyx.

There was no time for any more leisure. Victoria flew down, landing effortlessly in front of us. She was less than 20 feet away from her target. Victoria’s sinister laugh echoed through the air. Her eyes gleamed with vengeance and spite.

“Oh, precious little Bella…” Victoria cooed, she licked her lips slowly “You’re loved aren’t you? But you are also quite selfish to let all of them risk their lives for you.”

Guilt washed over Bella.

Leave Bella alone.” spoke Edward fiercely, “This is between me and you.”

Victoria snarled, “Because of that girl… You killed James. A mate for a mate, how fair is that?”

Edward growled.

Victoria chuckled, sneering at Edward. Edward leapt at her like a mountain lion, the two of them rolling into the wall. Both were wrestling, fangs protruding from their mouths, less than inches away. Victoria’s jaw snapped towards Edward as he jumped off. Victoria followed him, pouncing on top of Edward. A huge gap was left there as the two continued to push against each other.

Nyx rushed over to Bella. Alice and Rosalie were standing protectively at the entrance of the cave. They all hunched over Bella’s short figure, speaking in hushed tones. I tore my eyes away from Victoria and Edward. I led myself safely to the Cullen girls.

“Get back to Forks.” Nyx instructed, “Get as far away as possible in the next 10 minutes. Get to Carlisle, Emmett and Jasper and rendezvous to your home.”

Alice nodded, pushing Rosalie’s defiant self away from the scene. Bella clambered onto Rosalie’s back; the three of them discretely went around the ditch. Nyx stood up and sighed, clearly exasperated. She pushed her ivory black locks away from her face, studying Edward and Victoria’s movement.

Both Edward and Victoria’s eyes were as dark as the night sky. Neither of them was willing to loose. Victoria noticed Bella’s attempt to escape and quickly altered her pathway of attack. With great effort, she pushed Edward away, opposite from where Bella was and into the rocks.

Victoria ran at the three. A sudden breeze went around my arm. Nyx flew into the scene, intercepting Victoria’s path. Nyx tackled Victoria to the wall. Her arm outstretched as a fist, cornering Victoria. Nyx’s hair flew around her form, slightly whipping Victoria.

“Get out of here now.” Nyx ordered the girls.

With one last look, the three girls left. Victoria let out a scornful laugh.

“There’s really no point for you to get involved dear,” Victoria whispered, “It’s none of your business.”

Nyx glared, her blue eyes turned almost golden like the Cullen’s, “As soon as you targeted Bella… As soon as you entered this place… As soon as you laid a single finger tip on Kari… You made it my business.” Her voice was laced with venom.

Victoria laughed maliciously, throwing her head back, “You’re so selfless. It’ll be fun ripping you apart piece by piece.”

Nyx’s glare deepened, her fist tightening.

“100 feet.” Her voice rang out clearly to me, “100 feet

100 feet? I looked at Nyx, her form contracting. Her presence grew within me. My skin began to burn against the dry air. Dry air…

‘Shit’

Nyx was going to burn this place. She was going to try and burn Victoria alive.

I nodded my head, aware that Nyx might not have seen this gesture. Edward was near the cave. I tugged on his wrist, dragging him away from the ditch. He seemed well content on staying to fight Victoria, but I knew Nyx would not be able to control the intensity of her fire if she was to kill Victoria.

I proceeded to jump quickly down the ledges of Edward, my hand clasping firmly on Edward’s wrist. He effortlessly followed me. As soon as I stepped foot at the pedestal of the mountain, I took off towards Forks. I could hear it. The crack of the air heating up.

I ran quicker towards the city. My skin felt hot. I knew Edward could feel it as well. In a second, Nyx would burn Victoria to her death. Crashes in the ditch warned me Victoria was not giving in without a fight. No one seemed to realize the dry air warming.

Then it came. A large explosion. Edward turned his head back to the sound. I dove at him, hitting the ground. Rocks and pebbles flew down relentlessly at our bodies. The unmistakable sound of flames crashed against the rocks, heating them like fallen debris from the atmosphere.

My back was hunched over Edward’s form. I grabbed a branch, trying to knock away some rocks. Victoria’s blood curling scream echoed through the air. The sound made my entire body still. A large rock fell against the skin of my exposed arm. I cried out, dropping the branch. My skin was red hot.

Edward picked me up and ran. He did his best to avoid the falling rubble. My skin was itching away slightly at the now opened wound. Edward held his breath, attempting to concentrate and resist the growing blood lust in his body.

We reached the Cullens’ backyard. Edward placed me down on my feet. Bella flew out of the door and into his arms. She gasped and cried in relief. Alice ran over towards me with a cold towel. Alice ushered me to sit down. She gently pressed it against my arm, attempting to disinfect my arm. I smiled painfully in thanks to her.

“What’s happening?” Edward asked, “What is happening to Ashnyx and Victoria?”

I winced at the sudden pressure on my arm, “She set the place on fire.”

Bella gasped.

“How?” demanded Edward, crossing his arms together.

I winced once more, speaking with a clenched jaw, “Nyx is pyrokinetic.” I spoke slowly.

Shock went through everyone, the presence of Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and Carlisle became clear. Alice let go of my arm as it began to clot by itself. I took the towel away from Alice, wiping the blood from my arm.

“What are you two?” Edward almost growled out.

I looked over at him. If anything, my expression was blank. I stood up slowly, taking the towel away from my wound that had begun to clot. I took a deep inhale of my blood, slightly shuddering at the scent. It was a weird smell. I didn’t get how vampires liked it. I clenched the towel in my hand, looking up at Edward.

“What are you guys?” I quietly asked.

Edward furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“What is Victoria?” I asked.

Edward growled, “Don’t play dumb.”

“What if I’m not?” I questioned, “It’s only fair. After all, right now I’m the one in the minority seat.”

Edward remained silent. Bella slipped out of his arms and walked towards me, taking the towel out of my grasp. She used the clean section of the towel to wipe my arm some more. I could still hear the flames crackling in the distance. Victoria was still putting up a resistance. Compared to Victoria, I don’t know how strong Nyx will be after being ineffective for so long.

“Vampires.” whispered Bella, “All vampires.”

The Cullens all looked at Bella like she stabbed their non-existent hearts. Rosalie became furious, snarling and snapping her jaws at Bella. Emmett held Rosalie back, bringing her back inside the household.

I silently took the towel away from Bella. Her figure was frigid and alarmed. I looked up at her with a void expression.

“You should go with Alice or something.” I told her, “Before Victoria comes along or before Emmett can’t control Rosalie.”

Bella frighteningly nodded, holding her arms close to her chest. Alice led Bella around the house, avoiding entering through the back. No contact was made between the two of them. The atmosphere was still and filled with tension.

“Vampires…” I whispered, “And what reasons do you have for being here? In a human populated town? When you need blood for sustenance… Do you plan on drinking and killing all the people here?”

Edward’s gaze hardened, “No. We would never do that. We would never kill a single person.”

“Then how do you control your blood-lust?” I asked.

Edward remained silent.

“We drink from animals.” Jasper spoke up, “We’re like vegetarian vampires.”

“And that quenches your thirst?” I inquired.

Jasper gave a shrug, “The thought of drinking human blood is more repulsive.”

I nodded my head, giving a light smile to Jasper. I wrapped my arms around myself.

“What are you?” Edward asked again, more aggressively than I’ve ever heard him.

I hesitated. I needed to talk with Nyx before telling him. Otherwise they’ll overreact and judge her more fiercely. Besides, it was not my secret to tell. If I tell my own, if they were smart enough, they would be able to figure it out. After all, with virtually no knowledge of amalgams in the world, they might possibly react dramatically to ensure both their and the people of Forks’ safety.

“AH!”

A piercing scream of fury went through my body like a rush of adrenaline. My head snapped in its direction. I could feel Victoria’s rage and wrath flood my entire being. Victoria was pained right now, but her drive to kill Bella was stronger than ever. Her pulse overpowered Nyx. I could feel it now. Just like Nyx, I could feel her presence drawing closer.

An unmistakable head of red flew right at me. I jumped back, narrowly avoiding Victoria’s long nails. No longer did Victoria have any common sense and logic in her. Her body was half burnt, her clothes all ripped, torn, tattered and burned. Victoria’s body smelt of ashes and smoke.

Her head snapped towards Edward. Victoria hissed, pouncing onto Edward spontaneously. Edward had no time to react and struggled to fight under Victoria’s rash unpredictable actions. Victoria slammed Edward back, hitting the stone gates of the back yard. Edward’s head hit the gates violently, shocks of pain going up his spine.

Jasper countered in an instant, pulling Victoria off Edward. Victoria swung her legs at Jasper’s lower stomach, harshly aiming for his weak spot. Jasper crouched over in pain beside Edward. Victoria gave swift kicks to each male. Her head picked up on the smell of Bella’s perfume. Her sense perked.

A slow creeping smile graced her lips callously. The distinct sounds of howling wolves could be heard. Nyx’s determination shone through my stunned exterior as she desperately headed as quickly as she could to the Cullens’.

Before I could blink, Victoria flew past me. Without another second to waste, she rushed around the large home of the Cullens’. Bella’s scream pierced through my mind. Whether it was from terror or from harm, I was not willing to take the time to find out. I raced as quickly as I could to the front of the house.

Maybe… If we were lucky… Emmett, Rosalie and Carlisle would realize what was happening in time to help. I pray for Bella’s safety.

My feet picked up their pace, frantic to get there. My body stilled, halting to a stop; Alice flew right into my arms. My body hit the ground. Alice rolled off me, clutching her small body. I numbed the growing pain up my back. There was nothing standing between Victoria and her prey.

I jumped up, disregarding Alice. She’ll live. She’s a vampire. But Bella has no time. Bella stepped back, tripping down to the ground. Victoria viciously smirked gleefully. She leapt at Bella. I could not let Victoria win.

I can not let her win!

I jolted my body right in front of Bella’s form. Pain shot through my right shoulder. My eyes snapped shut. The feeling of Victoria’s teeth penetrated my skin. It hit my shoulder blade, ripping the cloth like it was nothing. My blood pooled out beside me, tainting my hair.

I struggled to open my eyes. Victoria’s hands tightly clutching onto my body like I was the broken teddy bear when she was a child that she could not throw away. My figure was comparably short to Victoria’s shape. She held me up, centimeters off the ground. I clasped my hands together, attempting to regain feel in my body.

I pressed my fist against the fabric of her torn mid section. I dug my hand in. Slightly pulling back, I hit her. With everything I could, I hit Victoria back. Her teeth removed themselves off my body. Victoria slightly staggered backwards.

My feet heavily fell onto the ground. My body nearly collapsed. Bella’s petite stature rushed to my aid. I pushed her away, regaining my balance before Victoria bounced back again.

Nyx tackled Victoria once again. She threw Victoria towards the thick stone gates. Every single Cullen and the La Push wolves had all made an appearance. Victoria recovered herself, licking the dripping liquid from her crimson lips. She smacked her lips together, savoring the taste.

Victoria shook loose hair strands out of her face. Her fangs shrunk, having her fill of my blood. With one last look, she jumped over the fence, knowing she was outnumbered. Emmett, Jasper and the La Push wolves all scurried after her.

I winced, my hand quickly reached over to my shoulder. My head began to loose its oxygen flow, my eyes fading into a blur. My legs have lost feeling. I stumbled harshly to the grass, wet with my blood.

Bella’s warm hands attempted to catch my form. She bent over me, hovering over my fallen hunched body. Her worried chocolate brown eyes prominent in my blurring vision. I tried to give her a slight smile.

With my voice barely audible, my lips moved in pain, only just parting slightly, I whispered “Happy birthday”

I allowed my being to collapse against the cold Earth. Warmth spread through my body as darkness enveloped her arms tightly around me. Maybe I’ll be able to see my family. Maybe I might finally be able to rest for an eternity. Maybe I could finally be able to join my father in his deathbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
APRIL FOOLS DAY! How time passes so quickly.