Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Resentment

Nyx growled in frustration, letting a shout of fury escape from her lips before flinging herself onto the empty couch across from everyone else. She dug her head into her hands, her hair shading her face. She was conflicted. I hope she doesn’t think she has to leave in order to protect anyone; that she has to go by herself to wherever.

“We’re going to war.” spoke Edward first, “One that none of us have any choice but to be apart of if we want to live.”

Nyx observed Edward. Her eyes jumped back and forth between Edward and me.

“Why?” asked Rosalie haughtily, “Why would we be forced to go to war?”

“Edward, Kari, Nyx…” Carlisle said each of our names cautiously, “Calm down, if we think and figure this through we can avoid a war. No situation has to lead to fighting.”

Edward immediately followed Carlisle’s words and calmed. I could feel conflicting emotions in Edward once again. His belief in my words wavered. Did Edward not believe we would have to fight? I know I did not explain the situation but he should know I would not lie about something like this. It’s too serious a matter to be joking. He looked at me, trying to decipher my mind. But that was impossible unless…

“What is your gift?” I asked him.

Heads whirled towards me. I continued to look at Edward. He looked at me curiously.

“Telepathy.” He simply replied. Everyone stared at him, alarmed. He waved them off.

I took a deep breath, relaxing my body, trying to alleviate myself of all tension. I haven’t let down my shield for so long. I moved my fingers, trying to regain sense back into my body. If I can take down my shield, if I could just replay the words in my mind that were spoken within the past half hour…

I could explain in much more detail than if I spoke myself.

Edward’s eyes snapped open to its fullest. His fingers curled. He began to hear my voice inside his head. Then he concentrated. Edward focused on the condensed half hour conversation between Bison, Nyx, Van and myself.

‘I’m a shield except my gift includes the ability to shadow.’

‘Something is coming.’

‘Meaning I can protect and hide them.’

‘You’re both vampires? In the same coven?’

‘There’s five more. They’re in my class.’

‘New born population-it’s rising. Drastically.’

‘Nor will they know if you stay here.’

‘I’m shadowing you’

‘I wanted to protect her’

‘Are you stupid?!’

‘And you’ve put this off for a month?!’

Van smirked at Nyx.
Edward clasped his fists implausibly taut, closing his eyes shut.

‘La Push is the home of wolf shape shifters.’

‘Conflict. A battle of sorts. More than one battle is to be fought. And it’s coming soon.’

‘Situations like ours have no perfect time.’

‘I’m Kari’s teacher and her father’s best friend.’

‘Why didn’t I notice you?’

‘I was killed in war.’

‘If one single being denies them, they too would be subjected to the genocide’

‘She was reincarnated because of Nyx?’

Edward snapped his head towards me. Shit. I had to close my mind.

‘There will not be another battle of the damned.’

‘Your parents were amazing from what I know.’

‘I was careful when I was following you both’

‘You have no proof of that’

‘Your father sacrificed himself to end it.’

‘It’s over.’

‘It’s not.’

‘Fuck. He’s opening my mind.’
‘This is not a game!’

‘They are going on a killing spree.’

‘I’ve spent nearly a half a century studying from them’

‘A little blonde girl that tried to save him’

‘That’s not true. I’m dead. I technically do not exist.’

‘Nyx is quite fond of you Ashnyx.’

A loud crash in reality brought my shield back up. I looked up. Nyx threw the vase by the table at Edward. Edward growled. However she ignored him point blank and turned to me. She used the sleeve of her hoodie to wipe off the slight sheen of sweat I had acquired. Nyx pushed my hair out of my face before venomously glaring at Edward.

“Next time one of us decides you can read our memories,” snarled Nyx, “Do not abuse the privilege!”

Edward returned the glare effortlessly. Nyx walked right in front of him and despite their height differences, she was intimidating. I could sense a small pool of fear and nervousness from Edward. He knew he was wrong. That was why he wavered in his stance.

“Otherwise I will aim at your head with a dagger.” spat Nyx, “Trust me, I won’t miss.”

She turned around before he could retort and walked towards the door.

“I presume Edward will tell you all about it. I’m heading over to La Push. The quicker we all know the better.” said Nyx, heading back to the Spider.

I followed her soundlessly. From the corner of my eye I saw Edward frowning. Guilt had warped through him.

Nyx had sped out of the Cullens’ driveway and onto the road to La Push within seconds. As we neared the area, flashes beside us were made aware. They jumped in front of the Spider so suddenly, Nyx barely moved to the brake in time. She maneuvered the car around, its side facing the figures.

The Spider skidded down the road, slightly spinning. Nyx turned the steering wheel quickly, trying to regain balance. The figures move backwards, giving her room to slow down the vehicle. The Spider came to a stop, less than a foot near the closest body. The body of a hard faced Sam.

“Turn back.” He said coldly, crossing his arms.

Behind him, Leah snarled. Seth barely held her back along with the help of Quil. Embry looked defeated. He didn’t want this to happen. Together, they all stood in a line. I scanned it down; disappointed and relieved Jacob was not there.

“Turn back now before I force you to leave the premises.” repeated Sam.

Nyx glared, getting out of the Spider. She shut the door quickly and walked up to Sam. Sam held his ground, his glower becoming deeper and deeper with every step she took towards him. He began to walk to the side as the rest of the pack stood back.

I felt a warm presence nearing. But it was comforting, so I dismissed it. I got out of the Spider as well, shutting the door. Snarls, growls greeted me instantly. Nyx shot me a look, telling me to stay where I was. I followed her command obligingly, unwilling to interrupt whatever she had in mind. However, the looks I received made my skin crawl and want to hide in a dark hole.

“Why are you here?” Sam asked bitterly, “Get out of here.”

“I’ll tell you as soon as we can go somewhere to talk.” replied Nyx.

“We’re not moving. Either talk here, or get out.” Sam said.

Nyx replied with a stern glare. She looked around, thinking of what to say.

“Leave.” demanded Sam, “You have no reason to be here.”

Nyx let out a growl causing everyone to jump up and glare.

“Look.” She began, “I have something to tell everyone. Including the ones back at home, so unless you want them to all die, I suggest you move your arses and let us proceed.”

Sam snapped his jaw, “You’re in no place to demand anything. We do not need you. We can protect ourselves just fine.”

“Then tell me, can you protect yourselves against an army of over 1000 newborns?!” shouted Nyx furiously, “Can you defend against virtually thousands of gifted vampires that could probably snap you in half without being anywhere near you?!”

Nyx’s outburst caused a cold, still, hush over everyone. The pack froze in their movements entirely. Confusion and panic streamed through their souls.

“Are you willing…”whispered Nyx through the silence, “to let everyone die because you aren’t willing to cooperate?”

Sam snapped out of his trance, “Are you threatening us?”

Nyx shouted exasperated, “NO! Are you even listening?! A fucking army… In fact, it’s not even one army. There are multiple armies consisting of vampires are coming here to kill you! To kill every fucking living werewolf and dog shape shifters.”

Sam tensed, his muscles became rigid.

“And if you haven’t already done the math, the Quileutes are part of the fucking population that they are planning to wipe from existence!”

“Get out.” Sam spoke once more.

“Not until we work together to prepare for this.” retorted Nyx.

“We would never work with you.” said Sam.

The warm presence I felt earlier grew. It practically filled my body. I closed my eyes for a quick second and within that quick second someone new joined. Jacob jumped down from the trees, landing right in the middle of the group between the pack and Nyx and I.

“Sam” said Jacob.

Sam snapped his jaw at Jacob, “Get back Black.”

Jacob stared defiantly, “No. Listen to them.”

Sam growled, “You are under my authority. Go.”

“Not until you listen.” He replied.

Sam snarled viciously, taking a step closer to Jacob. Jacob stood strongly, unwavering under Sam’s cold stare.

“As the alpha of our pack, I order you to leave.” commanded Sam.

Jacob merely crossed his arms, glancing at Nyx before resting his gaze upon me.

“No.”

Sam grew infuriated. His shirt began to tear as his muscles bulged. He was about to shape shift into a wolf. He jumped at Jacob. Nyx flew herself at Sam in mid air. The two landed in a head, several feet away from everyone. I rushed up but Jacob outstretched his arm, stopping me. Sam’s transformation was incomplete as Nyx straddled him on the ground. She towered over him, looking fiercely at Sam.

“I command you listen and cooperate with me, Kari and the Cullens.” spoke Nyx firmly.

Sam snapped his head forwards, attempting to break out of Nyx’s grip. Nyx was strong. Much stronger than Sam. He did not know it though.

“You have no jurisdiction.” Sam said, “You and that filthy vampire friend of yours will not ever come in league with the Quileutes again.”

Nyx roared at Sam, “SHE IS NOT A FILTHY VAMPIRE. IF YOU KNEW EVEN HALF OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING STORY THEN YOU WOULD KNOW YOU’RE LUCKY TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR HER.”

“You vampires are all the same,” he spat, “You think you’re so great. You have power over everyone and everything. You think you’re the best thing to ever exist.”

Nyx’s body shook angrily. Her emotions overpowered my own, barely making room for the shock in everyone else’s.

“Do you have any idea…” Nyx cut off her sentence abruptly. She let out a frustrated growl, raised her fist and slammed it down on the pavement. It cracked a deep long crevice.

Wide eyed, Sam froze in his tracks. Fear formulated all throughout. No one dared to move. Everyone waited for Nyx. For her next move.

Nyx merely stood up. Her shoulders tense, her jaw and fists clenched almost painfully. Her movements were slightly rigid. She looked back at Sam, unwilling, unable to move from his position. Her lips moved to a tight line.

Before Jacob even realized it, his lips moved to form three words.

“Who are you?”

Heads snapped at him. Jacob stood still. I felt a dominating feeling of determination overcoming the fear. His emotions flooded into me. Jacob peered down at me. His height easily towering mine. His determination fueled my want to stare him in the eyes. So I did. His eyes were gorgeous. It took my breath away.

The longer I stared, the more I realized he seemed to be saying something. His eyes were pleading but they were cold and indifferent at the same time. That stung me. Despite Jacob’s kind actions towards me, I knew then he wasn’t going to forgive what happened to Bella. Or maybe it was a combination of Bella and the fact that we had grown relatively close in the few weeks we spent together and I did not tell him what I was. Hell I still haven’t said a word. He wasn’t going to forgive me. Not anytime soon at least.

I turned my head away, unable to withhold the gaze much longer. Jacob was trying to coax me to tell him. I felt him sigh and turn away to Nyx.

“You two should tell us what you are, before we decide on anything. Tell us at least that much so we can understand what the Cullens know as well.” said Jacob, “Bella told me to ask you two. Only Edward knows anything about the two of you but he only knows Kari.”

‘He still calls me Kari.’

My heart thumped.

Nyx looked at me. She was telling me it was my choice to speak now. She did not want to say a word on this anymore. Nyx never enjoyed having to talk or have her past brought up. Who would? It was too tragic.

I took a deep inhale, it was now or never. Even though the latter of the two will not happen, I guess I had to do it now. Or else I might not ever get the courage to say it myself.

“I’m a half breed.” I breathed out quickly. The faster I spoke, the faster I could get it all over with, “When I was a human kid, I lived in an orphanage in Alaska. A coven of vampires were there and they attacked everyone. They lit the town on fire. One of the vampires found me. He made me drink his blood. I did not have a choice. He forced me to drink it. Then he drank mine from the wound I got.”

I paused, closing my eyes.

“I still eat normal human food. I still have blood running through me. I still have a heart that beats inside.” I said, “I don’t know what happened exactly but I have all the capabilities of a vampire but I am not a complete immortal.”

Should I say more? Should I say I’m an Empath?

“Say it.” He breathed down my neck.

I flinched. My entire body wanted to let out a cold shudder. I looked at Jacob. How did he know there was more to say?

“And I um...” I said softly, their heightened sense caught on easily, “I’m an Empath. Surprise?” I threw in, shrugging my shoulders trying to ease up the moment.

But I should have known, it only darkens the mood.

Paul made his presence known. He jumped at my form. I dodged at the last possible second, getting a narrow escape. I rolled onto the ground just to see him slam harshly against the Spider. He leapt at my form. Paul was going to shift soon but Jared suddenly appeared behind him and pulled his friend back. Seth helped Jared as Leah was no longer viciously trying to throw herself at Nyx and I.

Sam let out a growl, standing up. Embry, Quil and surprisingly Jacob threw themselves in front of me. Leah remained still. Intrigued and slightly infuriated at the prospect of vampires or at least part vampires in front of her.

“You three better get out of my way. She’s worse than a vampire!” Sam roared, “One day she won’t be able to control her thirst. Do you understand that?! She is endangering everyone by being here!”

“And how would you know that?!” shouted Nyx, “Have you ever met a half breed before her?! Kari has been here for a century and not once has she ever killed anyone. She has too much power to do that.”

Sam whirled around at Nyx, “You’re in no position to say that. You’re just as bad as she is.”

“Am I?” patronized Nyx, “Am I really? Because last time I checked, if I told you to beg and jump, you will fucking beg and jump like the mutt you are.” She seethed.

Sam jumped her. The two tumbled to the floor, wrestling.

“I am not a mutt!” bellowed Sam.

Nyx easily turned him over. She picked him up by the scruff of his neck and threw up against the tree. She was in front of him in a flash, pinning Sam. Nyx looked him dead in the eyes, tightened her grip around Sam’s throat. No one dared to approach the two.

“Compared to me, you are nothing but the dirt underneath my shoes.” She spat, “You’re right, I do believe I’m better than you because the fucking hierarchy said so. Be glad I don’t believe in this shit. Alpha my arse.”

Nyx let go of Sam and threw him down to the ground. He coughed and held his throat delicately. He wasted no time to glare at Nyx. Sam desperately wanted to understand what Nyx was saying but his pride and dignity was on the line. In front of his pack. He did not want to look weak. The minute he recovered, he flew at Nyx again.

Nyx dodged, flipping herself behind Sam as he went by her. He doubled back, reacting in a millisecond but Nyx had all the time she needed. She had already punched him hard in the stomach down to the ground. It was clear Sam was sore from the events with Victoria.

“Next time you attack me, I will do more than punch you.” whispered Nyx threateningly.

Sam snarled. He was going to shift any moment now. Nyx stared him down.

“Stop!” I shouted.

Sam halted. His emotions calmed down. Nyx continued to impassively stare at Sam. Sam felt her gaze and turned his head back at her.

“Listen please. We’ll be out of here in less than an hour.” I tried to compromise, “What you choose to do will be up to your own decision after. Please.”

‘Even if it means you will choose death over life.’

Jacob spoke up, “We’ll go to the beach.”

Sam stayed silent.

“Quil, Leah, Seth. Gather everyone.” ordered Jacob, he glanced at Paul. Quil and Seth understood his words. “The rest of us will meet you there.”

The three shifted within seconds and headed off, dragging Paul out.

“We’re going.” said Jacob.

Embry and Jacob headed off. Jared pulled Sam out of the area quickly, before he could protest. Nyx’s gaze stood unwavering from the direction they went. I watched her.

“I’ll tell them.” She said softly, “I’ll tell them everything.”

Nyx paused.

“They deserve it.”

'I just hope it's all worth this.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Omigod. 10 stars. Wow. Amazing. Thank you!
Saw Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Transformers took a little bit to get going for me, but it was great. Harry Potter was kind of just a pleasant film. They cut out the fighting, the most exciting scene. But I'm guess that's in the second part? Which is confusing as they did the entire plot of the book. Hm...
Two more weeks til the end of July and my history summer school course! Yay. I pray taking it was worth it. Busy busy summer.