Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Forks, Washington

This town was different. The ambiance was a huge messed up fusion of emotions. The mood went from suspense to worry, from desperation to relaxed, anxiety to melancholy. It wasn’t as if anyone was really standing out to me right now. Part of the reason being my mind was focusing on the brewing tension between Nyx and I. Because of what’s here, we had to make sure we blended in well and discreetly to the people of Forks. It was crucial that we do not stand out.

Unlike Canada or the East Coast, we could not set up a camp. Luckily from the Rock Café, we had pooled enough money to get our own little home in Forks. Because of all the business we created, Paul basically spoiled us with our paychecks. We would probably have a couple thousand left even after we buy a small house. Considering the conditions of this area, it might be a good place for us to stay.

It didn’t take too long compared to how long people usually take to buy a house. We quickly found an agency where we met up with a young woman in her thirties who gave us many different options. We chose the cheapest, most decent house that was rather large compared to all the other houses in Forks. We called up with the house owners who had already moved out. Imagine our luck right? Well it wasn’t exactly like that. We just kind of sped the process along by using our own speed and strength as they were already all packed.

The two of us didn’t have much that we brought along with us. Before the near three year stay by the East Coast, we usually just brought our guitars, some clothes, money and a bag that contained the basic necessities. Now we each have: an ipod, some CDs, signed merchandise and clothes from our favorite bands, a suitcase or in Nyx’s case a large duffle bag, our original guitars, our bag of basic necessities, more clothes, water bottles and some first aid kits. It wasn’t a lot to carry nor was it hard. Oh and we had a car now. It was a black Ferrari F430 Spider Convertible.

We did something totally unusual this time. Actually it was Nyx who did it. She enrolled us into the high school in Forks. I don’t really understand why she did it but something tells me it’s because of those vampires. I could tell there was something different about them. One thing I definitely knew from the gossip about them was they’ve been around here for a while and they are not newborns.

We spent a couple of days renovating some of the areas of the house and painting it. Then Nyx the most peculiar thing, she called the moving company, the most famous ones in Europe to move some stuff over from both mine and her house. It left me bewildered why she would do that. I’ve even asked her why, but she herself did not know.

It was an impulsive move and her instinct told her to do it. It left me to wonder if Necros had anything to do with it. There’s a reason why she was reincarnated twice and Necros is keeping her on Earth. Not to mention if we had to move like we usually do on a short term notice, it would be a pain to move everything.

The two of us went shopping and job hunting as for the next couple of weeks we would be broke with all the furniture shopping. We each got a bed and made damn sure everything in our house looked normal. Well as normal as possible since every room had at least something musically related to it.

Nyx just randomly went to the music store and bought more CDs, some speakers andsome instruments. Actually she just got us more guitars, some mikes, a drum set, basses, a keyboard, a sound board and a violin for me as I played it back as a human. I bet the store had an orgasm when she walked through their doors; Nyx didn’t buy the cheap ones either. She bought the hell ass expensive brands like Gibson. She felt obliged to tell me she was moving my classical grand piano that Beethoven the composer played on, over to our new home.

Both of us managed to get jobs a week and a half after our arrival to Forks in the mall. I got a job at American Apparel as Nyx got a job at Hot Topic. The only reason she applied there was because I refused to let her apply for the Baskin 31 Robins ice cream place. And the awesome stuff at Hot Topic was a plus but ice cream appealed more to Nyx. She’s messed up like that. Personally I think she was dropped on the head and when I told her that, she retaliated saying I ate glue as a kid. Yeah… I don’t get that either.

We worked diligently on maintaining our new lifestyle. It wasn’t too difficult except for trying to keep a low profile. Apparently people moving to Forks was not common. So we stayed to a small section of Forks which only lead to our home and the mall. There is always new gossip about us that I could hear when either one of us was in public. You would think after a while people would get bored of talking about us or plain out theorizing.

It was now the last week of August of 2008. Two months since we arrived at Forks and some of our stuff had arrived from Europe. However, the most curious thing is the departure and arrival of the coven of vampires. It seems they left the entire state and went elsewhere, only to come back a week or so later. The only problem that might pose now is they would probably know about our existence now. If we’re lucky, they wouldn’t realize we were amalgams.

We started to buy our usual daily needs in bulk as we did not need more reason to go out more than we should. We still went to work every day but we had gained enough credibility to get more flexible hours which we coordinated so if one of us was to get into trouble, the other would be there in a snap.

The only problem it seemed was the obsessed lesbians, bi or guys that were in constant lust with Nyx or me. It didn’t help that Nyx and I were pretty social as our jobs required us to be. It’s as if they knew we stopped hanging around and started to fill the stores whenever they saw us. That sounds a bit conceited doesn’t it? Times like these I like to swear at the gods who decided the damn should be beautiful.

The funniest days would be when the stores would be packed with random people who just stayed there causing our managers to hide the two of us and kick everyone out. You would be laughing too if you saw your short 5’2” sibling managers that are around their late 20s running around the store carrying huge metal baseball bats around. Their looks were so funny, both the costumers and our managers. We love them though and their demented screams to scare people away.

If you had just realized that the managers in Hot Topic and American Apparel were sisters, you get a prize! Yay! Those two are quite hilarious and the best part is they treat their staff with respect and like family. After hiring both Nyx and I, they quickly found out the pros and cons. They hired people who would definitely works as well as the two of us. This was a new mall and they did not want a bad reputation.

In Hot Topic, there were around three, four of them including Nyx that worked together. Two guys called Max and Ralph and a girl whose Ralph’s sister named Trista. Of course there’s also the manager Stella. They were quite the riot together. They all had a different hair color. Nyx was the black/red head, Max had many different brown shades, Ralph was a black blue mix and Trista was a short blonde with hot pink highlights.

Both the sister managers were red heads and you know the stereotype? Well they fit the part of being feisty, hot headed [in a lovable manner] and quite violent when angry. That was Stella and Jacky.

In American Apparel, there were four other workers with me. There were the fraternal twins Michelle and Isaac, then Kyle and finally Carlie. Both Michelle and Isaac had bronze like hair making them look like models. Kyle had this really cool light brown hair that had natural highlights. Carlie had multiple highlights in her platinum blond hair including blue, green, and pink. I guess you could say our hair describes our personalities. The workers of Hot Topic and American Apparel were close to say the least. Mess with one of us; you deal with all of us.

The summer was pretty much over now so business would not be as hectic. The only ones who didn’t go to school were Max, Ralph, and Carlie. The twins were home schooled though since their parents were well famous actor/actress. Only Kyle and Trista are going to school with Nyx and I. And there was one thing we had not done in a while.

For Nyx, she had to drink blood. Otherwise her powers might go out of whack and she’ll be using it unconsciously. How suspicious would that be if she randomly started a fire in the middle of no where? The good thing about it is she doesn’t need a lot and she can go on a couple of months without it. I occasionally went once a year or so to get some from a squirrel or something to keep the venom in me under control.

We asked Trista if there was any place we could go hiking and she told us about a forest that was near La Push, the place by the beach. Something about that place La Push seemed off. In fact this whole entire area of Washington seemed out of place.

Two days before school started, the two of us went hiking. It was pretty fun, we finished the whole need blood thing within 10 minutes. I got some from a squirrel and Nyx got one from an elk. We decided to actually go hiking and walk around the large forest. Later we realize this was a bad idea. Not a lot of vampires decide to drink from animals, but of course this weird town just had to have animal drinking vampires.

There were two of them we came across. A gorgeous pixie like vampire girl and her mate, or at least I’m guessing that’s her mate by the way they are together. The two of them attacked an elk, getting their fill. Then they knew. They realized our presence before we could escape. So there was only one way we could pass off what they did. We had to pretend we didn’t see them feed.

Nyx smiled and waved, “Hey! I didn’t realize anyone else was hiking today.”

I felt them relax a bit at Nyx’s words and warm demeanor. I don’t think they knew we are hybrids. There was suddenly a change in the mood, and then I understood. It was the male vampire. The male was an Empath like me but he could control and influence emotions.

The girl smiled back, “Yeah. We usually go on the weekends. You two are new here?” she said attempting small talk.

Nyx replied, “Yeah, we just moved in during the summer.” Nyx glanced at me with a look, urging me to speak.

“Do you two live in Forks?” I asked.

The girl nodded. I guess she’s the more social of the two, “Yeah. Any chance you both attend high school?”

Nyx nodded.

The girl flashed another smile, “I guess we’ll be seeing you then.”

She waved good bye and walked away with her mate. By their body language we knew we had no chance of keeping a low profile anymore. They were hushed over and although they were not talking loudly, you could tell they were talking about us. Nyx looked at me again and anyone could decipher what we were thinking.

‘Shit.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Spider

Such a nice car isn't it? I randomly found it when I was looking at pictures since I have absolutely no knowledge on that kind of stuff. =P

Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!