Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

The Cullens

Today, school was about to start. The eerie morning was quiet as Nyx and I prepared ourselves for a long day. There was going to be talk about us, that’s for sure. I think even the sky agrees as the air is tense and heavy like it is before it rains.

The vampires are all going to be there. I could tell. They will probably wonder who we are. I’m scared of what other gifts are there. Then I remembered something I forgot and kind of neglected to tell Nyx before hand.

"He’s an Empath." I spoke, breaking the silence.

Nyx whipped her head around to me quickly from her bag, “What do you mean?” She spoke hesitantly.

“That vampire guy who was with the pixie girl,” I explained, “I could feel it. He’s also an Empath. But he’s stronger than I am. He can control emotions.”

She stayed still for a while, staring blankly at space. Then Nyx turned around and zipped up her bag, swinging it on her shoulder. She sighed and looked at my still body.

“Well…” She started, “There’s nothing we can do about it. Just pray we can get through this day easily. First days are always the hardest from what I hear.”

We got into our Spider and drove onto the road. When we got close to the school, a Volvo went right in front of us. Nyx gasped and looked over to me briefly before looking back on the road. Her hands clutched the steering wheel a little harder than necessary. I concentrated on the inside of the Volvo.

I understood why Nyx reacted that way. It was an abnormally good-looking male vampire. I squinted my eyes at the female next to him. I temporarily stopped breathing. That was a human girl right next to him. I wonder if Nyx knew that was a human, more importantly, I wonder what is going through her mind right now.

She revved the car up a little quicker as we entered the school parking lot, quickly finding a spot. Her hands remained on the wheel, her knuckles had turned white and she did not breathe. Her body was tense and it was clear her mind was elsewhere. Conflicting emotions began to overwhelm me. There were so many different emotions but two stuck out to me, confusion and anger.

“Nyx!” I whispered abrasively, “Breathe.”

Her azure orbs turned towards me and then relaxed, allowing her knuckles to continue circulating her blood. She blinked, focusing her sight. Nyx calmed down letting her emotions fall back into place. She sighed, and then smiled at me in thanks.

“I don’t know.” She spoke which answered a lot of questions in my mind on why she was reacting so weirdly.

A car parked right beside us. The Volvo. Nyx took a deep breathe, taking her time, falling to the back of the seat. The two got out of the Volvo. I glanced over to them, thankful of the sun blinds we installed onto our Spider.

The two linked arms around each other, meeting up with the pixie girl and her mate that we saw yesterday. A blonde model like female vampire and a rather buff male vampire joined them. They all headed into the school.

I watched them enter the school before turning to Nyx. Her eyes had also followed them as they lingered around the entrance. Why would a coven of vampires all go to school? It was a bit suspicious, not to mention the vampire that had a human girlfriend.

“There are five of them and a human girl.” Nyx said, “Great. Oh joy, now we get to deal with five times the fun!” She sarcastically waved her hands in the air, “Whee!”

I rolled my eyes, “Come on lazy butt. Time to get to school.”

She groaned.

“Hey you’re the one who enrolled us.” I stated, getting out of the car to a near deserted parking lot.

“Don’t remind me.” She moaned, getting out as well, “Stupidest impulsive move I’ve ever done.”

I shrugged as she locked the door. Her face was full of misery as she got annoyed at the prospect of school. I laughed. She glared at me which caused me to laugh harder.

Luckily no one was in the parking lot now. The school bell rung but it didn’t matter for us. We had to go to the secretary anyway so we were pretty much excused from being late.

The school was pretty normal, pretty small compared to the ones we usually see. Or maybe its because we got so used to seeing Nate’s and the band’s school so much we just find this one small. The hallways were pretty clean though. We entered into the office, meeting the secretary.

She seemed curious about us. Our schedules weren’t very full which was odd for seniors. Nyx was able to dive into some older records I had when I was home schooled which she says and I quote “Katrina has an abnormally gifted big genius brain she probably stole off of Einstein. Or maybe she’s actually a computer.”

When I was a kid and my dad was off to work, I had a university degree teacher that taught me. So with all my spare time when I was bored, I studied. Needless to say with my dad’s hereditary genes, my work ethic was pretty great so when I was 6, I was basically a child prodigy. I got a lot of high school credits that my teacher signed me up for. Nyx updated the credits through some log she gave to a friend, who is a vampire that helped us do this.

Nyx though, I have no idea how she got her credits. Most likely she took a ton of exams over the summer. Either way, I was grateful as we could pretty much skip half of the school day if we wanted to. Both of us only had classes in the morning. Although we did have slightly different schedules. There were eight different periods and the two of us only had to go to four since the fifth period we both had lunch. Then the rest of the day we could do whatever.

The two of us had different homerooms and if I know Nyx well enough, she probably took some music class for first period and second. I in contrast had some mythology related history course. I laughed at that, a supposed mythical creature taking a mythology course. Wow this school is diverse. For second period I had Physics. I’m guessing Nyx picked my courses by drawing out of a hat. I probably shouldn’t have let Nyx choose my classes for me. Guess what our last two classes are? Its AP English and AP Calculus. Great right?

I prepared myself to the stares as I opened the door to the class. This class was full. Trista was in this class though. She smiled and waved as some people just unpleasantly gawked. The teacher waved me over with a smile. He looked no older than 30 and many girls seemed smitten with him. He introduced himself as Mr. Vans and welcomed me. He told me to introduce myself concisely and allowed me to sit beside Trista.

The period went by quickly. I loved it. Mr. Vans was hilarious and pretty enthusiastic. It was no surprise that the class was packed. He was the history teacher as well as the visual arts teacher. If I didn’t suck at art so much, I probably would have changed my second period to art.

Mrs. Bramer was a very kind teacher, she was very sweet. She made sure not a lot of attention was drawn to me and told me to sit in the back if I wanted to. She explained some stuff about the course as I looked over the class. Then I saw her. The same human girl who was beside those vampires. She sat by the front near the side of the classroom with the door. She didn’t see me though. Strangest thing though was her mind was blocked from anyone. Was she a shield?

When the period ended, she moved outside quickly. I walked out of the class and scanned the halls for her quickly. I saw her run up to her vampire boyfriend and narrowed my eyes in confusion. They started to walk away and something made me follow them. A voice snapped me out of it though.

I turned around when I heard my name being called. The girl who sat beside me ran up to me. She was slightly panting; her things were array in her bag as she tried to stuff it in neatly. She smiled at me, her auburn locks slightly out of place.

“Hi Katrina!” She greeted, “I’m Lynne.” Her hand was outstretched towards me.

I smiled back, “Call me Kari.” I shook her hand.

“I figured since you were new here, I might show you around. What’s your next class?” Lynne asked me nicely.

I looked at the timetable in my hand, “AP English. You?”

She beamed at me, “Me too! That’s great. The teacher Ms. Patricia is really cool.”

“My friend Nyx is going to be there too. We moved to Forks together.” I told her as we turned the hall way.

“Nyx…” Lynne pondered, “Like that goddess?”

I smirked as Nyx did not really enjoy being compared with a goddess.

“No. Funny you should mention that though, it was what I was thinking of when I called her that. Her name is Ashnyx.” I told her.

Realization hit Lynne, “Oh! She must be that black/red head everyone is talking about who owned Austin at guitar! Which is ironic considering Austin is probably one of the best guitarists Forks had ever created. Apparently she shoved it in his face and won the bet they had. So now he has to dye his hair purple.”

My eyes widened before laughing, “That sounds like something she would do.”

I looked over to the last hall before we reached to the English room. The human girl and the pixie girl headed into class. This was starting to piss me off. Why would a human girl hang out with vampires? Does she not know or something?

“Kari?” Lynne asked me, bringing me back, “You alright? You stopped walking.”
I smiled and resumed the pace we had, “Yeah. But I’m just wondering. Who are those girls that just walked into English?”

“Oh them? Well the taller girl is Isabella Swan. She’s dating the shorter girl’s adopted brother. That girl’s name is Alice Cullen and the brother is Edward Cullen.” Lynne explained.

Adopted?” I asked.

“Yeah. There are four more of them; all adopted by the doctor at the hospital Carlisle Cullen. Alice is with Jasper and Rosalie whose this blonde is with Emmett. They are all Cullens.” She told me.

In other words, I deciphered, Carlisle Cullen turned them all into vampires. Why though? Its not right to turn humans to vampires. The fact that Carlisle is a doctor doesn’t help either. The thought of him killing people made my blood boil.

We opened the door just as the bell rang signaling time for the next period to begin. Ms. Patricia ushered us in and thanked Lynne for showing me to class. The human girl and the pixie vampire were seated in the back by the corner. As Ms. Patricia introduced me, I caught eyes with Nyx. And I knew she thought the same thing as me. The Cullen family were going to be a problematic bunch to deal with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lynne

That's Lynne. I <3 her character. She's so cute.