Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Unspoken Rage

AP English is an interesting class. Sure like Lynne said Ms. Patricia was cool and all but she’s not the most interesting teacher I’ve ever encountered. Both Nyx and I got to sit beside each other as Lynne sat on my left. We were in the back, on the opposite side of that Isabella girl and the vampire Alice.

Nyx and I kept drawing little comic doodle notes in my notebook causing Lynne to attempt to muffle her hysterical laughs. Ms. Patricia liked to make jokes which were pretty funny but Lynne appropriately chose to laugh a little harder than necessary because of our notes. That caused a chain reaction between Nyx and me.

Ms. Patricia just shook her head at us whilst laughing with us. This class was definitely going to be good. Although all good things must end as the bell rung and Nyx and I headed to AP Calculus. Lynne had lunch so we said our goodbyes.

Isabella and Alice walked together in the same way as Lynne went, talking in hushed whispers. During AP English, Isabella would occasionally glance over to us and Nyx saw it. Of course Isabella didn’t know but Alice on the other hand might.

People rushed towards their next class, trying to not receive a late slip. Since we were new, I don’t think it really mattered for the first day. We finally reached to AP Calculus and opened the door. A short brunette teacher stood at the front of the class. She was really pretty for a human.

“Hey! You two must be the new students.” She greeted us, “I’m Ms. Bilson.”

The class were full of murmurs as we walked in. Nyx put on a warm smile causing the people who were gaping to swoon. My eyes quickly examined the room for those vampires. And there they were. The boy dating Isabella and the rather buff vampire, Edward and Emmett was it?

“Yeah, we are. I’m Ashnyx.” Nyx introduced before pointing to me, “She’s Katrina. Call her Kari though.”

The two vampires were scrutinizing the two of us. Edward’s face scrunched up as if he was in pain. His eyes were locked onto Nyx. Was it possible they could smell her werewolf blood? My eyes widened a little bit for a second. I didn’t think it was possible. Even older vampires like Vladimir couldn’t smell her werewolf essence.

“Well welcome to Forks and to AP Calculus.” Ms. Bilson smiled, “Go take a seat anywhere you like.”

I smiled at Ms. Bilson, “Thank you.”

The two of us headed towards the back. We found seats behind Edward and Emmett. Fortunately, the classroom was big enough that the rows between the sections were big enough that Nyx and I could whisper with a very unlikely chance of either vampire hearing us.

But we decided to take a safer chance and continued writing notes to each other. I’m a leftie so it was easy to make it seem like we weren’t passing notes. The two of us did random little doodle skits whilst watching and eavesdropping on the two vampires before us. Yes we can multi-task well. Twice they inconspicuously looked at us, more particularly at Nyx.

Anxiety rose in Nyx. She took deep breathes, trying to lower her heart rate. Edward and Emmett stiffened. I narrowed my eyes, lust and animosity rose between the two. Nyx started to calm but I think they could hear it as could I. The steady rhythmical taunting of Nyx’s heart and blood… If they smelt the exact same scent most creatures do then hell, they must have some damn self control.

Nyx is, to put it simply, exotic. From her appearance to her simple little fetishes, everything about her was appealing. Her scent to me was like a fresh mix of lemons and apples that blended unbelievably well together. It wasn’t overpowering either though; it was just the perfect amount. I sound like I'm going to eat her don't I?

The three of them all calmed down. Nyx smiled weakly at me before turning towards Ms. Bilson. Who had quite the amount of infatuated teenage boys in this class. It was quite hilarious watching them and kind of gross as their emotions ran high at less then essential thoughts.

The room was a bit more tense that necessary. Anger began to rise out of Edward. But why would he be angry? If anything he should be like Emmett, just plain out impassive. Unless he knew we weren’t humans or not completely human. He was fighting himself. What he was fighting about is up for debate though.

The bell rang signaling the end of class. Edward sped out of the class at slightly more than human speed. Emmett stayed behind a bit giving us intense stares; he was so impassive I could read nothing from his feelings. Then he went out of the class as well, probably to go search for Edward and the rest of their vampire coven.

Some lingering students saw the weird exchange but shrugged it off as Ms. Bilson came towards us. No doubt gossip would probably erupt from this. I inwardly sighed in exasperation. I'm beginning to hate this place.

“So how’s your first day so far?” She asked.

“It’s been a bit confusing but otherwise it’s been good.” Nyx replied.

“That’s good,” Ms. Bilson began, “I was told to tell you girls that someone is going to help
you around, so you would know the school better.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes,” She smiled again, “She’s a really nice girl and she was the new girl a while ago so she knows what you’re going through.”

‘Don’t tell me it’s Isabella Swan.’ I thought to myself.

“She also has lunch this period like you two. The office has asked her to show you around. Her name is Isabella Swan.” Ms. Bilson explained.

“Alright” Nyx smiled a little too happily, “Thanks Ms. Bilson.”

‘Stupid luck.’ I inwardly grumbled.

“Hey Ms. Bilson?” Nyx began, “Any chance you’re related to Rachel Bilson?”

She laughed, “I’m her cousin actually. You’re one of the first people to pick up on that.”

Ms. Bilson smiled at us once more and headed out of the classroom.

Nyx turned to me with a huge grin on her face, “I just won myself five dollars from you.” She held out her hand for the cash.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her suspiciously.

“Well… When Ms. Bilson was telling us all that stuff I was like if its Isabella Swan, 5 bucks to me, if its not, 5 to Kari. And… Drum roll please!” Nyx drummed on the desk. She rolled her mini drum keychain on the desk she always keeps around for moments like these.

“Isabella Swan is the winner!” She cheered, “Plus I should get an extra two dollars for guessing she was related to Rachel Bilson.”

I glared at her.

“That was stupid and I’m not giving you five dollars. Don't even think of getting seven dollars.” I stuffed my notebook in my bag, ignoring the glare she gave me.

She pouted, “Meanie.”

Nyx stuck her tongue at me before proceeding to the door with her stuff in hand. I followed in suit and together we ventured to find the café. We bumped into Lynne though, thankfully. She showed us to the café before leaving to her class which was right by the café so she was not late.

The two of us braced ourselves as we entered the café room. It was full of people and it seemingly got a little too quiet as we opened the door. Then came the hushed whispers. Nyx rolled her eyes and sat down at the closest empty table in the corner. I followed her. She took out her red ipod as I took out my pink one.

I took out an apple from my bag and began to eat it. Nyx sighed and quickly looked around, her arm propped up supporting her head. Her eyes lingered on a certain spot and narrowed before averting her gaze to me.

“Table at two o’clock. Cullen and Swan table.” She whispered almost inaudibly.

I glanced over, taking a bite out of my apple. Nyx laid down on the table.

"I kind of feel like we're stalking each other." Nyx commented.

I rolled my eyes, "Like it matters." And looked over again.

“Edward is pissed, Swan is frustrated and the rest of the Cullens are just impassive. Except for the blond Rosalie…” I trailed off.

What I felt surprised me. Nyx raised her head off of the table, her hair slowly falling back into place. Her eyes told me to go on. I laughed at the seriousness of Rosalie’s feelings; it was weird how differently she felt about the whole situation. My laugh attracted some attention causing Nyx to wave them off.

“Well, Rosalie seems to be a normal vampire. She hates Swan.” I concluded.

Nyx raised a single eyebrow, “Oh wow. Guess I know who I’ll become friends with in that coven.”

I took another quick glance, throwing out my apple in the closest garbage can.

“Swan is coming.” I said, taking my head phones out of my ears and stowing my ipod away into my bag.

Anxiety and anger rose in Edward. The emotion emitting from him was almost unbearable. Isabella came over with a smile. That’s when the strangest thing happened. Nyx fell over in pain, clutching her head. Her ipod was already in her bag so it couldn’t be a defect from her electronics.

Shock overcame Edward’s feelings as I glared. Both Isabella and I rushed over to Nyx. I could feel it. Her mind was being attacked. It was being attacked by a male. Actually it sounded a lot like Edward’s voice. What the hell is Edward’s gift?!

Nyx was beginning to burn up. My eyes widened. Shit that was not good. If she suddenly lit the place on fire we would be screwed. The students would be screwed. I had to get her out of here and away from the Cullens and the student body.

People started to gather around us. Nyx began to ease up just a little bit, her face covered in a small sheet of sweat. I helped her up the floor as did Isabella. I grabbed our bags in our other arm and headed out of the café. People were muttering and it was getting on my nerves. I almost went back and shouted at them to shut up but Nyx was more important to me. We were pretty much sisters.

“Let’s go to the nurse’s ward.” Isabella said.

I shook my head. Nyx laid her head on my shoulder and removed her arm off of Isabella. Isabella looked reprehensive of letting go of Nyx for a brief second before letting it pass and a worried look retook her features.

“Let’s just head outside.” I said as Isabella took us out to the closest exit.

“Yeah…” Nyx smirked almost painfully, “Outside is good.”

“Shut up Nyx.” I said.

Nyx collapsed onto the ground as soon as we got outside and took deep breathes. Nature always seemed to calm her down. She smiled thanks to both Isabella and I, taking a long sip of water she got out from her bag. Isabella and I sat down on the ground with her.

Nyx shook her head like a little puppy and then looked at Isabella with a smile.

“Hey, I’m Ashnyx.” She introduced herself, “Thanks for helping me.”

Isabella looked at me; clearly looking stunned at how quickly Nyx recovered from whatever it was that caused her pain.

“Katrina. Call me Kari though.” I introduced, “and you are?” I inquired.

Isabella seemed to shake out of her thoughts.

“I’m Isabella Swan, call me Bella though.” She said, “I think I’m in your Physics class.” Bella directed at me, “and we all have English together right?”

Nyx nodded.

‘So she did see me.’ I pondered as Bella fussed over Nyx asking how she was feeling, ‘What is she exactly? She’s human enough but she’s also a shield.’

“So I guess I should show you guys around the school if you’re up to it.” She smiled kindly at us.

“Yeah…” I trailed off as the three of us stood up and walked back into the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lovely Ms. Rachel Bilson. I was running out of teacher names so I looked around and was like hey that's that Jumper girl! And remembered her name was Rachel Bilson and bam! Here we have Ms. Bilson, the AP Calculus teacher. Fascinating story isn't it? =D

Firstly, YAY! its the fifth chapter! Secondly, thankies to everyone would commented, suscribed and gave me that pretty rating star. =3 I'm very thankful.
Thirdly... Well I am in high school so as soon as tomorrow comes.. Dun dun dun. Exam rush for first semester in Canada. =P I won't be posting everyday most likely but hopefully I do? =P Pray!! Pray I'm not going to be lazy and procrastinate all my school work so I have tons of free time!
Hope everyone had a happy fun holiday!