Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Isabella Swan

Bella was curious with the whole incident with Nyx. Whoever wasn’t, is a liar. She wanted to ask about it but decided against it. I wish I wasn’t an Empath sometimes. It is an invasion of privacy and an unnecessary burden to be responsible for. I thanked Bella in my head so many times for being considerate.

The tour around the school was boring. No offence to Bella but she’s not very interesting. Although if anything, she was probably just shy. After hanging out with Nyx for so many years, I guess my standards have been raised. She seemed to like the two of us though.

“And this is the science ward” Bella told us, pointing out specific classrooms.

The two of us merely nodding, silence overtook the three of us. I guess this school wasn’t as small as we thought it was. It wasn’t as big as the ones on the East Coast but there were definitely more tricks, routes and classes than there usually are. I think I’ll say it again, this place is weird.

“This is our drama auditorium.” Bella said, opening the door to a rather magnificent room with a large concert like stage.

The three of us entered it as some random students were already inside. Kyle was amongst them who waved at us. We waved back before continuing our awe at this place. It was a lot like the stage at the Rock Café. I looked back at Kyle who was rehearsing some drama scene from Hamlet. I never knew Kyle was into acting. From the looks of it, he’s pretty good.

“Most of our school assemblies, concerts and performances are held in here. It’s big enough to hold two or so school of students.” Bella informed us, “Kyle Blain is our star actor and he’s participating in an international competition. He also got many different acting scholarships from interested universities.”

Nyx gasped as Kyle came down from the stage towards us.

“Nice to know who Kyle’s true friends are!” she said spitefully, glaring at him.

He shrugged, draping his arms around Nyx and me, “I didn’t think it mattered.”

‘He did not just say that.’ I thought, he was so going to get a lecture from Nyx now.

“No!” Nyx dramatically gasped, “I mean it’s not like we care about your future enough to know you’re some small bit actor to be whose pretty much famous.” She took another dramatic gasp and scoffed in a very high pitched voice.

“Of course not.” She ended sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Kyle raised one eyebrow, “You know you make a good actress.” He commented as I laughed hysterically.

“Thank you Kyle.” Nyx said in a very girly way, batting her eyelashes, “Its lyke one of my many talents!!” She ended her dramatics with a kiss to his cheek.

It was unbelievable how well Nyx could pull off such a high voice, then again she does sing. She continued to talk in that high girly voice about her hair and how she was so “fat” and what color nails she should do. Then she asked Kyle’s opinion about if her feet were big.

Kyle was dumb-founded.

“Ha, Kyle looks dumb-founded!” Nyx teased, pinching his cheeks like a little kid, her face contorted. “Actually, he looks dumb.” She commented seriously, pulling his cheeks apart, making him mouth weird things like he was a fish out of water.

I fell on the floor laughing, if I wasn’t half a vampire, it might have hurt. Bella was also kneeling in laughter. She was confused at the situation but found Nyx’s antics hilarious. Kyle was just in that wtf stage and his eye twitched. Kyle placed his hands on Nyx’s and pulled her away from his face which was a little pink. He looked at her and spoke very slowly.

Never. Do. That. Again.” He said, “NEVER

Nyx pouted like the little six year old she was at heart and crossed her arms. She stomped her left leg on the ground harshly.

“Meanie.” She said.

Surprisingly Kyle did feel a little guilty but he shrugged.

I began to calm down with Bella. She helped me up off the floor and wiped a tear from her eye. I looked around and saw some of the other drama kids also recovering from hysterics. I could tell we just gave Kyle the first amount of teasing he had ever gotten in his life. Oh life is good.

“So how do you guys know each other?” Bella asked.

Nyx shrugged, “We found him on the streets whoring out to some random prostitutes and pitied him. Worst decision ever but eh, life goes on.” She replied.

“NO.” Kyle said when Bella giggled.

I smirked with Nyx.

She continued on, “When we found him he was only a little midget. Now Kylie Wylie is all grown up.” She wiped away a fake tear, “They grow up so fast.”

Kyle was starting to get exasperated so I decided it was time to stop.

“Nah, Kyle and I actually both work at American Apparel at the new mall.” I explained.

Kyle shot me a look of thanks.

Nyx sighed, “The hobo story is more interesting though. Whatever…”

“Kyle!” a woman called him from the stage, “Get back here. We’re rehearsing.”

Kyle looked back at the stage, “Be right there Mrs. Amore.”

He shot us an apologetic smile before heading up to the stage.

“Well let’s continue our tour around the school before sixth period comes.” Bella said.

There wasn’t much to show us after the whole dramatic scene. Bella seemed to be completely enthralled by both Nyx and I. We were all getting along great. The only thing that was a problem was Edward.

He randomly came along and pulled Bella away from us. She told us to wait for her so we did. The two of them conversed quite angrily. No doubt they were arguing about us. What they were arguing though was a mystery. Strong emotions began to emit from them. One thing was bothering me and that was Edward and Nyx.

There’s a connection but I know for a fact they’ve never met. I could feel it. But there is something. Edward is very annoyed about Nyx’s presence. It’s almost if he has a problem with her. But why her? He didn’t seem to have a problem with me.

Nyx sighed and turned to me.

“You know… I still don’t get the whole human thing with the Cullens.” She said to me softly.

“I know. Their doctor or adopted father or whatever is the one who’s more concerning.” I said.

She nodded. Bella returned after shrugging away from Edward.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked.

She shook her head, “Edward is just… worried about me.”

“Ooooh,” Nyx said in an eerie voice, “We’re the big bad wolves who are going to eat you!” Nyx joked.

Bella shook her head in giggles and smiled. It seems Nyx erased Bella’s apprehension on everything.

“Edward’s your boyfriend right?” I asked.

She nodded, “Yeah. He has been for a while.”

“He’s unbelievably gorgeous. You’re lucky.” Nyx commented, trying to urge Bella to comment more.

“I know but he doesn’t believe it. He’s like the knight in shining armor. I’m so incredibly clumsy that it’s not even funny. He tends to save me a lot.” She said a little more serious than someone usually does.

If my guess was right, Bella is basically saying she’s a death trouble magnet. Edward literally saves her from being killed. That means she knows he’s a vampire. She must know his siblings were too.

I glanced at Nyx.

“You can’t be THAT clumsy.” I stated.

Bella slightly laughed, “His siblings help me out sometimes too. So if he’s not there, they have take care of me, otherwise Edward would probably go on a rampage on why they weren’t helping me. He’s pretty overprotective but I love him.”

She sighed dreamily.

‘Bingo.’ I thought.

Bella didn’t realize what she just revealed to us. Bella knew about Edward’s entire family being vampires. But what was the most frightening part was she wasn’t lying about anything. Everything she just told us was the truth. And I could tell that scared Nyx as well.

Love. That was such a strong word. Was it really possible for a human and a vampire to be in love? It was such a dangerous relationship. Nyx was confused, worried and most of all she was pained by Bella’s confession. I could tell she was comparing Bella and Edward’s relationship to her parents’.

Both love were forbidden in society. The only difference was how fragile each of them were and how dangerous each was. Nyx’s parents were dangerous, so dangerous that no one accepted it. Unlike Nyx’s parents, Bella and Edward could change. If Bella got turned, they would be deemed acceptable in a flash as death was the alternative option. In Nyx’s parents’ case, death was the only option.

Bella could feel the change in the mood. She began to fidget with her fingers and then she scratched her head. She was a strange one. Bella was an albino looking girl. On appearances, she stood out. She was a pretty gorgeous human over all, better than what most would call average. But she wasn’t boastful either. Bella was timid, shy and she didn’t have a lot of self confidence either. She was sweet.

I guess that’s why Edward loves her, why he’s so protective of her. She was like a porcelain doll. Bella is a fragile girl. Her blood was sweet but maybe it sang to Edward. Maybe it sang in a way that attracted them together. I knew one thing though and maybe it was our fault. Both Nyx and me.

I could tell they weren’t going to last. I could anticipate that just like Nyx’s parents, they wouldn’t be able to stay together. My vampirism told me that. My own instinct tells me they won’t last forever. The question is how long would they last together?
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella

I don't know about you but personally I find Kristen Stewart to be too pretty to be Bella but that's just my opinion. I regret going back to school somewhat. I'm so lazy and then all these projects get shoved in my face. And I had to watch the MIRACLE OF LIFE in first period! I'm so scarred. ><
Good things about the week... Hm... Whole day science centre field trip where we got free time and my friends and I ran up and down the escalator which is so much fun when you're hyper and I went to a recording studio. =D It was the best field trip ever. Phase One studios. Go blackle/google them.