Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Alice Cullen

Guess what? Nyx and I got kicked out of our own work place. Why? Because a certain Alice Cullen came along, began chatting with Jacky, Stella and Carlie about fashion then blabbed about the school assembly last period. So now, we’re being forced to go. And Jacky and Stella are saying this will be our “break” since we pretty much never go on breaks or have day offs.

Although it took more than 15 minutes to relieve Nyx’s grasp on the new All Time Low merch claiming they are the “gods” of pop punk rock… After a bunch of other bands like Hit The Lights but regardless, she has a strange fascination with Jack Barakat… Well his hair more specifically, anyways. It was difficult to make sure we didn’t wreak anything but we gave into Nyx’s demand for the Jack Barakat band tee for her to wear and keep for free.

The two of us took our damn sweet time driving to the school. Facing Edward and the rest of the school was not a high priority in anyway. Hell it wasn’t even a priority. We got there just as the warning bell indicated all students have one minute to get to the gymnasium. Trista and Kyle stood at the front of the school waiting for us. I have no doubt Jacky and Stella called them before hand to make sure we actually went to school.

The four of us headed in, finding seats in the back. Trista was anxiously glancing back and forth between the front of the gym’s podium and Kyle, Nyx and me. I looked at Kyle, non- verbally asking what Trista’s deal was. He shrugged, confused as well.

The lights dimmed, spot lights were flashed on the stage podium. Clapping filled the gym as the principal of the school stood up and waved. He was a burly old man, looking like he could easily run for president. He smiled warmly at us all. Several people cheered. Guess school spirit is alive and well at this place.

The principal chuckled, “I say welcome freshmen and welcome back to everyone else. I hope your first day back has been enjoyable to say the least.”

Several people whooped at that comment. Yeah… I don’t get it either.

“After that exciting food fight in the café,”

Ah. Food fight, no wonder.

“I would like to begin with the new set of rules for the school.” The principal ended.

Groans filled the school.

“Now, now. We’re still a school and schools need rules in order for chaos to be controlled.” He smiled, “So aside from our peanut ban rule, the basic school rules including no bullying, turned off cell phones, etc. These new rules comprise of…”

He took out a piece of paper and unrolled it, he blinked at it “This page says… one, the title saying new rules. Two, a blank empty space occupying where the rules should be saying we comply with the rules. Three, the bottom of the page indicating we should all have fun.”
He flipped the page, “And participation is mandatory at the festivals we’re hosting, some carnivals, something about going across seas for different majoring students as year end field trips… But no one really cares about that right?!”
The principal smirked at the cheering students. He put his hands up to calm everyone down.

‘Uh...’ I blinked in shock, Trista and Kyle cheered their heads off.

I don’t really get what happened… Is it really something to cheer about? I guess it’s exciting… But the thrill probably wears off if you’ve already been too and from virtually everywhere more than one. This town is very different isn’t it? It doesn’t seem like such a quiet small town anymore.

The cheering started to die down, students sitting back in their seats. This was a friendly school wasn’t it? I glanced over at Nyx, she shrugged, confused at everything. How were we to act?

The principal chuckled at the behavior, “Well. Now that you know about-”

The doors opened quite loudly. The five Cullens and Bella entered quite dramatically before the stilled body of students. The principal glanced towards them and shook his head almost comically. He gestured to the seats.

“Please find some seats. I expected you to be here earlier Ms. Swan. After all these years Misters and Miss Cullen, I would have thought you would be on time.” Bella sheepishly waved sorry, “That doesn’t excuse you either, Mister and Miss Hale!” The principal said directed at Rosalie and Jasper, who were lingering in the back, “Hurry along now.”

Bella, the Cullens and apparently Hales quietly walked around the side aisle. I wonder why Jasper and Rosalie are Hales opposed to the rest of their coven being Cullens… Nyx and Edward locked sights, glaring at each other. Bella turned around and waved at us. Nyx smiled at her sweetly, glaring at Edward once more before turning towards the principal.

“So…” The principal clapped his hands together, ignoring the whispering audience and continued on.

Bella dropped to a seat a couple rows away as Edward pushed and veered away from us. The rest of the Cullens followed them. Except for one short Alice Cullen. She skipped, yes skipped towards us, drawing the attention of many students and a glare from Edward. Alice fell into the open seat beside me and smiled. She turned her head towards the principal.

The principal’s face was graver than before “And as such, I trust you all to-”

“I’m bored.” Alice pouted beside me.

I raised an eyebrow, “Um… Alright?”

“Talk to me.” She enthusiastically told me.

“Uh…” I drawled out, peeking at Nyx, Trista and Kyle. Who all three might I add were staring very conspicuously at Alice and me.

“Anything at all!” Alice said.

“People call me Kari?” I asked confused.

“Kari is a very pretty name.” She smiled, “I haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Alice Cullen.”

“And so…” The principal’s voice entered my ears.

“You work at American Apparel? That must be fun.” Alice commented.

I nodded uncertainly, “Yeah… It is.”

“I mean you get cool clothes at discount and everything!” she exclaimed, throwing her hands up slightly in synch with the roaring student body.

“Yeah…” I muttered in agreement.

Alice beamed and turned her attention to Nyx, who sat on my other side and smiled. Nyx unsurely smiled back.

“Your hair is so amazing!” Alice exclaimed, clapping her hands together, “What hair products do you use?”

“Shampoo?” answered Nyx hesitantly.

I stifled a laugh, it was true. All Nyx actually used was shampoo. The redness in her hair was natural highlights. Very vibrant red highlights. Nyx showed me a picture of her parents once a long time ago. Her father had auburn red hair whilst her mom had this rich pitch black hair. Somehow the genes of her father and mother fused so perfectly, disregarding the possible defects in chromosome synthesis.

Alice’s eyes went wide, “Just shampoo?! No way! Your hair is naturally like that?”

Nyx nodded.

“WOW! I’m so envious!” Alice turned towards me, picking up a lock of my hair, “Your hair is naturally like this too?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

Alice threw her hands in the air, exasperated and slumped down in her seat, folding her arms. She pouted.

“Why couldn’t I have been blessed with amazing hair?” She sulked.

Nyx grinned, “Well not everyone could be as awesome as us!” Nyx cheekily commented.

Alice smirked, “Cocky are we?”

Nyx playfully shook her head, “Nope. Just the blatant truth!”

I raised my eyebrow. Nyx shrugged and smiled. From the way Nyx was looking at me, I could decipher “She’s cool” from Nyx’s expression. I shrugged back. I guess Alice was cool. But I wouldn’t let my guard down just yet; after all, family comes first. There’s a small chance Edward told Alice to befriend us and gain our trust so he could uncover what secret ploy we’re up to. Alice Cullen is an interesting one.

“This year we have the honor of winning one of the coveted international drama awards because of one talented student. Unknown to his knowledge, he is nominated as the best actor on the rise. This person is no other than Kyle Blain!” The principal praised, motioning for Kyle to come up to the stage.

Many students cheered as Kyle modestly waved and went over to the podium. I wonder if he knew this would happen. The principal gave him something, silently whispered to him causing Kyle to beam. Kyle came back to his seat after many congratulations and hugs from fellow peers.

“And with that… The first day of school is now officially over!” The principal shouts, followed by the school bell.

The students cheered and shuffled out of their seats to get out of school as quickly as possible. Alice quickly stood up before Nyx, Trista, Kyle and I. Her hands extended towards both Nyx and I. I reluctantly took it as she helped pull me out of my seat.

“So… I was wondering…” Alice began, “You want to go hang out right now?”

Several students around us stopped, eyes wide, gaping at what was happening. Some even tripped over the chairs. I guess it really was true that it’s not an everyday thing that the Cullens talk to someone.

“Well we have to go to work…” I told her, rubbing the back of my head.

Some students perked up at this. That is weird.

“No you don’t!” Alice gleefully replied. “Stella and Jacky told Trista, Kyle and me to keep the two of you away from work. You two work too much.”

“They did?” Kyle asked, crossing his arms.

“Um…” Alice looked thoughtfully, “I don’t remember.”

In synch, Nyx and I looked at Trista. She shrugged nervously and shifted her eyes back and forth from the ceiling to the ground. Nyx continued to stare at her. Trista began to get nervous.

“Alright already!” Trista cried, stomping her foot and crossing her arms, “They did.”

“And how exactly would you have planned to keep us away from work? Don’t you have work today as well?” Nyx suspiciously inquired.

“Well…” Trista briefly glanced at Kyle, “I was going to offer you guys Kyle and do whatever you wanted with him for 4 hours…”

Kyle jumped back and toppled over some chairs. He blinked several times before coming to his senses.

“You WHAT?” Kyle exclaimed, jumping to his feet, “You don’t own me! And you know what they are capable of!!” Kyle whined, pointing his finger skeptically at us.

“Suck it up Kyle.” Trista rolled her eyes, “I said I was.

Kyle grumbled.

“So?” Alice asked innocently.

Nyx sighed, “Fine.”

“Great!” Alice shouted, “Meet me at the parking lot in 10 minutes.”

Nyx nodded as Alice scurried off a little too fast for human speed. Trista and Kyle didn’t
seem to notice.

“Alright then… Mission completed!” Trista cheered, she started to dance, very badly but dance nonetheless, and bumped Kyle backwards into the person behind him.

The principal stood with a smile on his face.

“Alright you four, head out the gymnasium.” The principal chuckled.

Trista saluted to him and took off, grabbing both Nyx and I out of the gym. Kyle scrambled behind us and tackled Nyx to the ground. Kyle began to tickle Nyx in which she violently retaliated by kicking… As gently as possible.

“Ow… You kick like a man!” Kyle said, rolling on his back side.

“You’re a man!” Nyx stuck her tongue at Kyle as she got up.

Kyle began to recover and sat up, “...I know I am…”

Nyx stuck her tongue out once more and ran off. I shook my head.

“Why does it always feel like I have to chase after her?” I muttered.

“Cause you do. Now go!” Trista shooed me away.

I walked off into the hallway by the parking lot. I lazed around, feeling no need to rush. That is until someone pulled me back before I could turn the corner and placed their hand over my mouth. Just as I was about to kick the person behind me, I breathed in Nyx’s blood and relaxed.

“What are you doing?!”

“Making friends.”

I removed Nyx’s hand with a frown on my face. Edward and Alice. Wow, Edward must really hate us.

“With them?!

Wow… Thanks Edward, really boosts my self esteem.

“They are cool!”

“Are they THAT cool that you can see Bella dying because of them?!”

She can see Bella dying because of us… Wait what?! Nyx stilled behind me. See… Alice can see… Oh no, don’t tell me Alice is a clairvoyant… She can not be a clairvoyant. That is a way too dangerous gift for anyone to have.

“She does not die because of them!!” Alice retaliated.

“Oh really? So you were just lying to me?”

“No! I didn’t see any more until just an hour ago!”

“And what did you see exactly?!”

I could feel Edward analyzing Alice, waiting for her to speak.

“Nyx tries to save her but Bella dies… because of the werewolf.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alice

Dun dun dun... >=] Dramatic twist. Anyways, its the last day of January! One month has gone for the year of 2009!
And to anyone who celebrated chinese new year... Happy Chinese New Year!