Not So Graceful Grace and a Vampire.

Five.

I decided to start in the closet. And can I ask you one thing? Why the hell does my ‘fiancé’ have so many shoes? Isn’t that like the first sign of gayness? Oh and another thing. In the back of his closet he has boxes of girls clothes. Like five of them. With all different types of clothes. Mostly bras and underwear. And a lot of pretty dresses.

And under his bed there is a box of 36 condoms. Um. I don’t even know what to say.

I was laying on my stomach searching under Bryce’s bed when I heard the girls voice.

“Hey babe. It’s me. I’m calling. Pick up the damn phone.”

To say I sprung up was an understatement. I jumped to my feet, looking at the door and around the room. Was some one here? My heart didn’t stop beating until I say the slick silver phone vibrating and lighting up on the desk in the left corner of the room.

Her voice kept going over and over again. I picked up the phone, holding it like it was gold. Should I open it? No. Will I open it? Probably. The caller ID is what decided that I should talk to the girl. It read Val, with a picture of a beautiful blond girl.

“Hello,” Her sickly sweet voice said on the other end of the phone. “Brycie?”

“No sorry,” I said, wincing when I realized how manly my voice sounded next to hers.

“Who is this? Give the phone to Bryce.” Val said. “This is Val. I’m sure he’ll want to talk to me.”

“Bryce is currently occupied.” I said, taking on a professional tone. “This is Grace. May I take a message?” I had to stop myself from giggling. I always had wanted to say that.

“Tell Bryce that he better call me back. And that he takes advantage of his girl friend. Oh and tell him that I don’t want to hear about his friends or dad when he calls. He needs to come over so I can tell him about my life and he can listen.” Val blabbed. I, being the good pissed fiancé slash secretary I am took notes.

“Is that all Val?” I asked.

“No. Tell him he needs to fire you, I don’t appreciate your tone.” and with that she hung up the phone.

I stood there for a minuet just holding the phone in shock. What a jerker.

“What are you doing?” Bryce said, eyes wide when I turned to look at him. The phone was still on my ear, and I quickly shut it and put it on the desk next to the pad of paper where I had been taking Val’s info.

“Your dirty work,” I sneered. “That was a Miss Valerie.” I picked up the paper and looked at Bryce with my eye brows raised. He looked shocked. Like he thought I was going down with out a fight. Ha.

“She was calling for a ‘Brycie’” Bryce winced when I said his pet name. It must have sounded ‘wrong’ coming from my lips. “She said to call her back because you are taking advantage of your girlfriend. And she doesn’t care about your friends of family, she wants you to listen to her whining. And she wants you to go over to her house.”

“W-what?” Bryce whispered. He was an idiot. “Y-you answered my phone? V-Val?”

“She also said that you should fire me.” I threw the pad of paper at him and hit him square on the chest. “I guess my tone isn’t to her liking.”

I went to walk by her and he grabbed my wrist and threw me down on the bed. I squeaked a little because of my shoulder.

“What did you tell her?” he yelled, shaking my arm. I crawled as far away from him as I could. “Huh? Grace! What did you tell her?! If she finds out she’ll hurt you. She’ll go ballistic. Talk grace!”

“I didn’t say anything!” I yelled back. Damn temper. “I should have told her to shove it, but I didn’t!”

“Grace.” he said calmly, letting go of my arm. I looked at him scared. “Did you tell her your name?”

“Yes.” I said.

“Get ready to go.” he said, sighing and shaking his head as if disappointed. “We have to go visit Val and make up some lie.”

I quickly put on some make up, changed clothes, and tried to do something with my hair. I hadn’t even seen Val, but I knew that she was going to be strikingly beautiful.

The car ride there was very quiet. I really got to look at my surroundings, and I basically saw that we were in a forest. As in thick trees that hold lots of secrets. Not good for getting away.

“We’re here.” Bryce said softly, putting the car in park. “Listen Grace. Just don’t talk to much.” I nodded. Vampires will eat me. Not to self: shut up.

“BRYCIE!” Val yelled, running out of her mansion like house. I watched Bryce cringe again. Maybe it was just the name. “I MISSED YOU BABY!”

She mauled his face with hers, and I tried to look away. I was succeeding until I hear her say those words.

“Who the fuck is this?”
♠ ♠ ♠
How should it turn out?