A New Friend Infatuating With the Enemy

Confusion In Hell

“Are you serious?!” Dean burst out in disbelief looking at a dark blue version of his own impala.

“What...oh right, well it is the impala’s best year wouldn’t you agree.”

“Well yeah, but wow, you just look the sort to have a car like this. I mean you honestly don’t know anything about her do you?” He said touching the shiny, perfect body lovingly.

Alice was infuriated, “You fucking moron, I rebuilt her by hand!” She huffed and stood glaring at a surprised and amused Dean. “Right well standing about admiring the genius of Impala isn’t getting what we need to talk about done...I think we should do for a ride.”

Alice knew without even reading his mind, so she chucked Dean the keys and got in the passenger side. Dean quickly followed suit and started up the car, surprised by the smooth sound that his didn’t have. “How did you get her to purr like that?” He asked.

She hated to admit it but she loved talking about her car, “I used thicker bands, and condenser oil.”

“I’ll have to try that,” Dean smiled at her as he looked behind to reverse out of the park. Alice knew then that they had a better understanding of each other. But that just made her weary about asking Dean about his dream yet she also knew she had to.

Dean broke the mounting tension which surprised Alice making her jump, “So, you said you wanted to talk about something. We’re here now, its 3:30 am and minus 10 freaking degrees, I would suggest talking.”
Alice smiled at Dean’s pissed tone of voice, she didn’t even notice how cold it was but she decided she wouldn’t talk about the dream here; she needed to give him something in return.

“Your just soft,” She laughed but then turned serious. “Yes I did want to talk about something. When I woke up before you were having a dream, I wanted to see what it was that was making you look so scared...” Alice looked over sheepishly trying to judge Dean’s reaction so far. He was looking straight on with blank face but his knuckles were white on the steering wheel. She took a deep breath and went on, “So I took a look and entered your dream, not to say I was shocked to find myself in the darkness. Or as you know it, hell.”

The air suddenly became thick after Alice finished her sentence. She could hear Dean’s ragged breathing, “You actually saw that, that was actually you I....I...” He couldn’t finish his sentence so he hung his head.

“Ah, I was wondering if you noticed that. But I’ve been to hell before, I’ve seen it with my eyes and I was allowed to leave, but no mortal man can come back from hell after they have tortured. And no mortal can actually fully imagine hell. So I need you to tell me, the truth.”

Dean quickly swerved off the road and came to a halt on the side of the road, “What, why should I tell you anything!?!” Dean snapped at Alice with hot rage in his eyes.

“Because I’m going to show you the truth, it’s a trade.” Alice tried to calmly say back. “And I know for a fact, you still need hard proof of what I am. So I will trade me for hell, ok?”

Dean shot Alice another glance but then pulled back onto the road with a nod, “Yes ok, where will we go then.”

“Ok, keep going up here then about 30 miles on the left there is an off road, take that.” Alice said closing her eyes, her built in GPS was another thing she loved.

Dean looked at her strangely when they came to the off road, “How did you know that this was here?” Alice tapped her forehead, “Oh right, you’re a freak, like my brother.” He said with a smile.

They reached the end of the road in silence, and then she got out of the car motioning Dean to get out too.

Dean was wondering what the hell she was going to do out here but followed her when she headed off into the bushes. “Hold onto my hand,” She said holding out her hand,

“Why? Are you scared?” Dean cheekily snarled. But Alice just replied, “No but you will be if you lose me in the middle of this forest.” And walked on ahead.

Dean unwillingly grabbed onto her hand which was amazingly warm and they trekked through thick forest in silence until they came to a clearing. It was an area the size of a football field with no trees anywhere. Alice kept on walking towards a fallen tree where she motioned for Dean to sit down.

“Are you ready?” She asked with an intense emotion in her eyes, Dean didn’t know what to be ready for so he merely nodded.

Alice sighed and took off her jacket so save it from being ripped to shreds. This... was going to hurt.

Shift
-Alice-

This was going to hurt and I knew it, why did I have to go and make a stupid deal with Dean, I’m mean who cares about how he’s here after being in hell. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, no time to think about all that now.

I have a good friend who taught me how to control my changes but I don’t know how I actually change. It just happens, like it was programmed into me.

I make sure I’m far enough away from Dean so that I don’t hurt him and close my eyes. I think of changing and it instantly starts. My body starts to move of its own accord, first with my arms.
They fling out on either side of me, violent shivers running down the muscles and my spine. Then I can feel my fingernails growing into a long and pointy claw shape. Then my hand curl in a painful spasm that quickly fades.

Next I feel the same pain but in my mouth, my eye teeth are gowning steadily longer and sharper until they are at their full length. With my fangs come my natural sense of smell and sharp night vision. All the other changes come as usual, my ears change into a slightly pointer version and my born markings burn onto my skin.

But I also know that the worse is yet to come, next it is my wings. I pause the transformation for a second to catch my breath, but in that time Dean thinks I am done and gets up, I quickly raise a hand, “No!” I growl at him with fierceness I’d forgotten I had in my voice. He looks at me with fear and sits back down just as the first wing breaks the surface of skin.

I scream out in pain as it unfurls behind me, then comes the next feathery wing with equal pain. My spine spasms in fiery pain and then every sensation stops and I fall onto the ground resting on my hands.

Yes I hate changing.

Shift
-Dean-

It feels stupid just sitting here waiting for Alice to do something that is not possible. She has walked a good 20 feet away, why? To give me clearance.

I will humour her though, at least until it gets boring.

I watch her arms jerk out, what’s with that? And I can hear her breathing turn painful, she’s clearly either a really good actor or... or she isn’t faking it. No that can’t be possible. But then I see her fingernails glimmer in the moonlight, there about 3 cm long, wow.

Next it’s her face that starts to twitch and screw up in pain; she slowly moves her head side to side as if wriggling out something from inside herself. It’s then that I notice the burning on her skin, a blue shape appears on her forehead and 2 red scars on either side of her cheek. And on her chest is a red entwining vine with something in the centre.

Then her breathing slows back to normal and I get up wanting to get a closer look at this amazing change. But she throws up a hand and tells me no with the most terrifying voice I have heard in a long time. Worse than dad when he was at his most pissed off.

Then the air was filled with a blood curdling scream and something flung out of Alice’s back, which was closely followed by another identical something before she collapsed onto the ground with ragged breathing. I would have gone over to her to make sure she was ok, but I couldn’t move.

She... she....she had black wings.