I'll Take You Out Though I'm Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter 28

Ever since told me about how I look intimidating and scary to most people, it never left my mind. I can’t believe I never noticed it. Was I such a snob? Maybe I should take her advice and try to be nicer.

I think about this as I walk to the bulletin board to check the pairs. Too much people were surrounding it and because of my lack of height, I needed to wait until everyone was done looking. While I approach the board, I see some girls looking at me. What? Did I have dirt on my face? I wiped my face a little and there was nothing. Whatever. I continued to walk to the list and scanned the long list to find my name.

“Jacobs, Jacobs...”

Then I finally see it. I had to look at it again with wide eyes to make sure I read it right. It was indeed right. I read it correctly, I always do. I just stare at the names.

Sandra Jacobs-Alex Gaskarth

I look at it, still shocked.

“What the fuck? Are they fucking kidding me?” I finally let out when I snapped out of my surprise and a sudden rage filled my body.

The girls looking at me a while ago were staring and whispering now. What the hell was their problem?! Oh, yeah, of course. I bet they have read the list and saw that I was paired up with no other than Alex Gaskarth. I bet they didn’t even look at their names first. The primary thing they looked at was who Alex’s pair was. That’s how obsessed some girls here are.

I look back at them and one of the girls was heading to my direction. She looked like the “leader” of the group.

“Hi!” she greeted

“Uh, hey”

“I hear you’re paired up with Alex. From your reaction, after reading it, you didn’t like that arrangement.” She smiled a fake smile. I hated girls like her. She looked fake, acted fake and smelled fake. Everything is just plain and simple, FAKE.

“So?” I ask, not knowing where this conversation was going.

“Well, we can switch if you want. I am paired with Jason Brown. I am sure no teachers would notice. Cos I’ve done that before already. We always get away with it.”

I thought about it first. I had Math with Jason second year and honestly I was impressed by him. He’s not a hardcore nerd but he’s got brains. He’s not as bad as Alex. But I also had to make sure that was possible

“Are you sure that can be?”

“Yeah! Sure! No one will notice”

“Okay then, deal?” I asked

“Yeahp. It’s a deal Sandra” she smiled fakely again and walked away.

This turned out not to be that bad at all. I’d rather have Jason as my partner than Alex. It would be just too awkward with Alex. We’re not even in speaking terms now, so I’d rather have Jason, even if I don’t know him that much.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! I was finally able to update. Sorry for the delay guys. This chapter was supposed to be up like, two days ago but I was too busy with other stuff. :))

comment please?