When We Met Green Day

The Start

The school trip to New York in October looked like it was going to rock. We had had exams this year so we were really looking forward to it.

That’s where our first story begins. We got off the plane in New York. We were so excited to be there you wouldn't believe it. We went and got counted by the strict, but ignorant teachers, with the others Next we put our plan into action. We rapidly snuck off into the middle of the airport to get a plane to California.

We got on the plane and planned out what we would do. We were gunna go to California and have fun. Without teacher supervision,
We checked how much money we actually had left on us after buying 2 tickets. Realizing that it wouldn’t last long and we where gunna got caught pretty quickly we
Thought, ok where are we gunna go? Where is music part of everyone? Oakland?.

Almost instantly we screamed with excitement. Most of the plane turned around and looked at us. We just laughed finding it quite hysterical. When we got to California we got a cab into Oakland, and spent the rest of our money.

We wandered around for a while then seeing a big house. Deciding it would be fun, we snuck around the back and ran up to the door. We took a deep breath and knocked, trying not to laugh. We wondered what this person was gunna think about 2 girls knocking on his door… We just hoped they weren’t pervs.

Knocking excitedly we waited patiently. We giggled some more but stopped as soon as the door opened and Billie Joe Armstrong answered the door.

There was a kinda awkward silence for about a minute, then Billie spoke,
"Hello"
"Hello to you too" I answered
"oh my god! Beth pinch me!!!"
"Yeh Lis, shut it" Beth muttered as she whacked me around the head.
"uuh" I replied, star struck.

We explained to Billie how big fans of his we were and how we got there and the fact that we actually had no money.

Being the coolest guy ever he actually asked us to come in… and that’s just the beginning.