When We Met Green Day

The short cut

We walked outside in to the warm california sun with the gentle cool-ish breeze hitting us as we went through Tre's front door.We walked down to the park and waited outside the front gate of the park and waited for Addie Joey and Jake to arrive.Tre and I sat on the sidewalk like tramps talking and holding hands, Billie stood under the warm sun staring at Mike with that same deep look I'd seen them give each other this morning, Mike was standing too, he was holding hands with Beth but he was returning Billies look.
"Hiya daddy!" Joey and Jake yelled running one either side of Addie who was approching us looking worried.
"Hey joey hi jakey" He replied the kids still staring at Mike.
"uumm.. you okay hunn?"She asked.
"Yeh im fine." He said breaking his concerntration away from Mike to look at Addie.
"Okay, you just seemed a little... in your own world kinda thing." She quiried.
"No no, I'm fine" He assured her.

Billie pov.
I was fine, well I was in deep thought of what was between me and Mike, but I was fine.
"So should we go and eat this lovley picnic first?"I asked pointing to the basket Addie was holding."Or should we feed the ducks first?" I asked.
"I wanna feed the duckys"Jake moaned.
"I wanna go and chase the duckys and geese!"Tre burst out excitedly.
"Okay ducks it is then."I agreed as We walked through the old rusty gates into the park.
I loved being in that park,It reminded me of good times like the first time Addie and me took Joey to the park.
End pov

Lisa pov
Tre pulled me aside off of the grass on to the path as the others kept walking ahead.
"So how about we take a little short cut so we can be alone for a few minuettes and scare the living crap outta those guys?"He suggested.
"yeh, cool"I replied.
"Great" he said kissing me on the cheek and grabbing my hand and dragging me down the path we ran a little way, but then walked the rest so we could talk
"so where d'ya wanna go on friday?"He asked.
"How should I know, you chose" I replied.
"kay, how about.... movies? or.... bowling?or... out for food?" He suggested.
"Lets go bowling, We could ask the others to come?"I suggested.
"Kay, so bowling it is then"He agreeed.
We walked around a huge tree we could see the others standing by the duck pond.
"After 3 we jump out on them"Tre said.
"1.... 2..... 3!" We both counted.
"Raawr"We yelled jumping out from behind the tree.Mike was so shocked he drop[ped his duck food and Addie was so shocked she stepped backwards and put one foot into the duck pond.The others just laughed and me and Tre just gave each other a high five and a kiss.