Status: Complete. Deleted scenes posted 12/12/12!

He Comes in Peace

Chapter One

Crash-Bang-Wallop.

Crash goes the music in her hide-out; bang goes her mother at the door; and wallop…Well, what does wallop even mean?

Skye Cedona finished her journal entry, signed her name in messy penmanship at the bottom of the page and dotted the question mark at the end.

With a sigh, she rose to her feet, not exactly wanting to leave her chair by the window. Presently, a masked sun shone through the rectangular pane of glass, the early autumn clouds making the normally piercing rays of the sun much softer.

Skye switched off her wall lamp and rubbed her eyes drearily.

"Coming, Mom! You'll knock down my door!" Skye called, descending the attic stairs to her real room. Her bed, desk and closet were all down there, but Skye preferred the attic. It was quieter and much more private than any other room in their rather big lake-house. Looking out the window made Skye feel so peaceful. Despite all the good qualities of her second room, it still wasn't enough to blot out the sounds of her insistent mother.

Skye took one big step towards her door and opened it.

"Yes, Mother?"

According to every single relative that ever visited them in their home back in Vancouver, looking at Skye, then at Mrs. Cedona was like déjà vu. Skye had her mother's eyes and her father's hair colour. She was slender, like her mom, but tall, like her dad. She was proud and stubborn like her mom, but friendly and shy like her dad. She was both halves of her parents, a cross between Karen Lewis Cedona and Brent Cedona.

"Skye, could you run down to the store and get me an aspirin? And some kibble for Cosmo, because he's getting a little bit restless again. Some food will do him good." Cosmo was their hyperactive, four year old Golden Retriever.

"Headache?" mumbled Skye. Her mother nodded and managed a weak smile.

"We didn't pack enough dog food. Again," Karen Cedona said.

"I'm always saying…We should keep some dog food in the storage shed. It'd be easier every time we come back." Skye watched her mother smooth her hair down.

"I know you do, Sweetie. But remember what happened last time we did that?" Mrs. Cedona reminded.

"Yeah, yeah…We had rats partying all winter."

"That's right. Now get a move on," chided her mom, glancing out the two screen windows in Skye's room. "It looks like it'll rain." With that, Skye's mom closed the door, leaving her daughter alone for a quiet minute of peace.

Slipping on a warmer hoodie, Skye stuffed her feet into some woolly socks and her hands into mittens. Though summer had just ended, autumn was still pretty much killer.

She hopped down the short staircase, gave Cosmo a quick pat on the head and went outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, new storriiieee! :) I'm pretty psyched about this. Hopefully, this story will be just as successful as the other two! -angelic smile-

Anyway, tell me what you think! And please, try reading my profile, under 'Author's Words'. There's always some new stuff, head's up, a couple of notices.

Good? Or baaad? He Comes in Peace, now known as Hiccup ('cause the abbreviations are HCIP, therefor, HICCUP) is my newest idea yet!

Comment, comment, comment, on what you think!

Thanks,
Metaphor