Status: Complete. Deleted scenes posted 12/12/12!

He Comes in Peace

Chapter Ten

It was clear that Kartayon didn't understand all human behavior. In truth, he hadn't interacted with humans for quite a while, and frankly didn't know what to say to Skye's temperamental outburst.

Skye became even more annoyed at that.

"What I just said is also known as get lost!" Bending down on the ground, she picked up a piece of glass and threw that at him too.

This time he didn't duck quickly enough. It struck his bare chest right on the left pec (Yes, he did have pecs) and sunk in deep.

"Oh my God." Skye looked at him with horror.

"Oh my…Oh my God what the Hell did I just do?!" she shrieked, running towards him.

The boy, Kartayon, the boy who hadn't freaked or even winced when Skye was yelling at him, actually flinched back when Skye drew nearer.

His eyes looked at her warily.

"What is it?"

"What is it? What is it?! What do you mean, what is it? You've got glass in your chest!" Skye screamed again, flailing her hands about in an unhelpful manner.

Kartayon looked down, as if just noticing it. "I realize that."

"And?!"

"It is nothing. Look." He reached down and plucked it out. Blood poured when the chip was removed, and Skye felt sick looking at all the silver.

"Do you not recall what had happened when your humans shot me down?" he queried, gazing at her in surprise.

"I…I…Yes, I remember," Skye said in a flustered voice. "You…You magically healed."

"I would not say 'magically'. Nonetheless, I did heal. The scientific properties in my blood are of—"

"Erm, yeah, all I needed to know was that you could heal."

Right before her eyes, his skin started knitting back together. It looked disgusting. But the blood dried quickly and sort of…crusted. It broke off into pieces when Kartayon brushed it off, and turned to dust.

"I…I'm sorry." That was all Skye could manage at the moment. Her head felt light at seeing the silver goop go everywhere, and watching the alien-boy's healing process didn't make things much better.

She started swaying and her feet stumbled as she regained her balance.

Kartayon shot out a hand and made a giant movement to catch her in case she fell. But Skye sat down on her bed and sighed.

He withdrew his hand and stood straight as a pole.

Skye managed a tired smile. "You can sit down if you'd like."

"Thank you," he murmured, taking a seat on the window sill.

"I meant on a chair, but whatever floats your boat."

A look of confusion crossed his face yet again. "I do not own a boat. Or any flotation device for that matter."

"Erm, it's just a saying. Like, whatever you want; your choice."

"Oh."

"Yeah…" Skye nodded awkwardly a few times before shooting suddenly to her feet.

"Crap!" she squeaked, slamming the door shut and locking the door. "Oh, I bet my mom heard all of that…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shoot! I'm running out of pre-typed chapters. But it's okay, 'cause I'm excited about writing the next part. Hope you enjoyed :) Second update for today.