Romance

Chapter 10

Frank Iero's Point of View

I couldn’t comprehend the fact that I was sitting beside a man like Gerard. I loved how his pale skin looked with his hazel eyes, and that cute nose of his. That was already my favorite part of his face. His nose was just a bit pointy and it had a different shape to it…It begged to be kissed.

I tried to ignore the fact that Gerard intimidated me so much with how good looking he was. I had it in my mind that all hot guys were ass holes, and Gerard was clearly an exception to that.

When we were done eating, Gerard insisted that he pay the bill again. I knew that the flirtatious "arguing" would make me deeply blush, so I gave in and let him pay.

When we were leaving, there was a crowd gathered around the door waiting to come in the restaurant. I started to leave first, trying not to get trampled by any of them. I felt Gerard's hand on my back and he left it there as we walked to his car. I smiled the whole time because of how interested in me he seemed to be.

I looked like a freak next to him in my dorky black and red striped shirt while he was looking slick in all black. My brown hair that came down a bit past my chin made me look like a weird-looking girl compared to the way that he looked with his jet black hair.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Gerard as he drove back to his apartment.

"Nothing," I said.

Gerard and I made it back to his apartment.

"What do you want to do?" asked Gerard when we got in.

"No idea," I said. "What do you usually do when you're here?"

"Nothing, really. Just watch T.V. I've got a bunch of games, though. Not stupid board games or any shit like that, though…I have Twister. Do you want to play?"

I smiled at Gerard's grin, and I knew his motives for it. He wanted to have as much contact with me as I wanted to have with him.

"Sure," I said. "I'm really good at that game, though, I'm warning you."

"We'll see," said Gerard.

He leaned down and we kissed each other's lips. I smiled to myself as Gerard went over to a shelf on the wall unit and got the game. I couldn't wait to have my body all over his. Hell, I would probably purposely fall over just to land on top of him.

Gerard put the mat down and we started playing. The game got difficult really quickly because there were only two of us. We weren't in any sexual positions at all…In fact, we were barely touching.

"Well this sucks," I said out loud, not meaning to.

Gerard looked at me questioningly.

"I mean," I said, not wanting to be either suggestive or disgusting, "there are only two of us, so it's hard."

"Mm, true," said Gerard, who got out of the position he was in and sat down on the mat.

I sat down, too. I looked at him and he was looking at me. He smiled and moved closer.

"I would invite my brother over but he's a pervert," said Gerard.

"Well that's not good with a game like this," I said.

"Tell me about it."

I ran my hand along his face, not being able to help myself. This kind of took him by surprise, but he didn't seem to mind it.

"You know," I said, removing my hand, "I found out today that E-Harmony decided to stop matching up homosexuals."

"Really?" asked Gerard. "How come?"

"Well, apparently a bunch of homophobes were complaining. I don't know what it is to them, but still. Plus, apparently they weren't good at matching people up."

"I think they did a pretty good job with us. We're proof that it works."

"I agree. The forty-nine dimensions of compatibility work fine for gay men."

Gerard giggled.

"Yeah," he said. "Jake can take that and shove it up his ass."

With that, Gerard leaned toward me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and Gerard wrapped his arms around to my back. The way he leaned though kind of caused me to lean back, and before our lips could touch, I kind of fell backwards on the floor. (It was a good thing we were sitting.) Gerard landed on top of me.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, sitting up immediately. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, sitting up and laughing. "Maybe we should get off the floor."

"Um…Okay,"

Gerard and I stood up. After that, he immediately pulled me into his arms.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"It's fine," I said. "I'm okay."

I felt him tighten his grip around me, pulling me closer to him. I held on tighter to him as well. I heard Gerard's breathing get a bit harder. I didn't know what that meant.

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

"I'm fine," Gerard whispered back.

Gerard kissed pulled away slightly and kissed the side of my mouth. His lips lingered there for a few seconds before he pulled them away not even a fraction of a centimeter and he placed his lips on mine. I gently kissed them and Gerard returned the kiss. We pulled away just a bit. My head was still angled slightly and his nose was touching mine. I leaned up and kissed it and rested my cheek on the side of his neck. Gerard placed his hands on my lower back and held them there. They were just above my ass.

I must have tensed or got a bit uneasy or something, because Gerard pulled away slightly and told me to look at him. I did.

"I want you to know up front that I am in no way, shape or form going to try to have sex with you," he said softly. "I'm not one of those guys who are just interested in that."

"Good," I said. "I'm not either. I don't even know if I'm ready yet."

"That's fine. I'm not either."

I kissed his cheek and held him tightly. We stood there hugging and doing nothing else for a good three minutes. I would occasionally trace my nose a bit along Gerard's neck, and he would press his lips to my forehead, but that's about it.

Gerard and I eventually slowly let go of each other. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

I felt him gently kiss my forehead.

"So what do you want to do?" he asked.

"Um," I said, looking at his chest, "I don't know."

"Hm, do you want to watch a movie?"

"Okay," I said.

Gerard kissed my head and I followed him as he walked over to his DVD collection, which was on what looked to be originally a book case. There were a row of DVDs on the top shelf, nothing on the middle shelf, and more DVDs on the bottom shelf. Gerard bent down to look at those and I involuntarily stared at his perfect ass.

If he wasn't the one to ask me to be his boyfriend first, then I would be the one to ask. Gerard Way was perfect in every way possible and I needed to make him mine.