Romance

Chapter 3

Frank Iero's Point Of View

I woke-up to the sound of my loud alarm clock that my Mother had gotten me last Christmas. As soon as I heard it, I got up and jumped out of bed.

I ran out of my bedroom and into the living room. I flung myself on the couch. I touched the keypad of my laptop, taking it out of Sleep mode. I connected to the Internet and typed an address into the browser.

"W…W…W…Dot…E…Harmony…Dot…Com," I said out loud as I carefully typed the address in so I wouldn't screw-up and have to start over.

I quickly signed in to my account and checked to see if I had any new matches. I didn't have any. I still had the same three. Matt, Jeremy, and Donald. I sighed. This sucked major ass. I still had the same three men that I did yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that.

None of these guys were really for me. I knew that because I had e-mailed them back and forth for a few weeks. None of them were really what I was looking for. They were nice, yeah. They were just…Not for me.

I sighed and started towards the kitchen and started to make breakfast for myself and only for myself…Something that I was more than likely going to be doing for the rest of my life.

Gerard Way's Point of View

"This letter is gay, no pun intended," said my brother Mikey as he read the note that I had written to the people at E-Harmony. "If I was a big cat at this website, I would think that this letter was pathetic!"

My eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked, immediately feeling put-down.

"Nope! I lied!" said Mikey, laughing. "I actually think that you did a good job with it. Not too pathetic, not too forceful…Nope. It's perfect. I'll even mail it for you on the way home if you'd like."

"Thanks, Mikey."

"You're welcome."

"I'm so stressed right now. I have no idea what I'm going to do."

"You know what you're going to do? You're going to get your ass back on that website and look for another date."

"Oh no! No! Definitely not! What if I meet another jerk?"

"You have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince, Gerard. I mean, seriously. Last night was a disaster. Forget that jerk. You have to get out there and find a new man."

I sighed.

"Come on, Gerard. I know you want to find love. You can't deny it," said Mikey.

I sighed again.

"I do want to find love, but…I don't think love wants me to find it."

"Yes it does," said Mikey. "You just have to keep trying. I'm going to leave now so you can get back on that website."

"But wait, if I am sending them hate mail, why would I continue to use their website?"

"You didn't say anywhere in the letter that you would stop using their services," said Mikey, folding up the letter and putting it in an envelope. "Now who do I make this out too?"

"Um," I said, "I'm not sure."

"Never mind. I'll go home and look up the address. You, Mister, need to get your ass on the computer right now and look for more men."

Mikey went over to my computer and turned it on.

"I'll talk to you later," said Mikey.

"See ya," I said.

Mikey flashed a smile and left my apartment.

I sighed. I had nothing better to do. I might as well go and "look for more men", as Mikey had put it. I had nothing better to do, and I really wanted to find love, so I guess that I had to actually try.

This time, though, I wasn't going to use the same account that I had now. If I had gotten set up with someone like Jake, I most definitely had made the wrong impression on my test that I had taken, and the rest of my matches were probably very similar to him.

When I took the test this time around, I would take my time and not rush. The first time, I had grown really bored due to the length of it and clicked the circles without really putting much thought into my answers. I wasn't going to do that this time around, though. I was actually going to do it right, no matter how long it took.

--

"Your letter has been mailed!" announced Mikey over the phone to me later on in the afternoon.

"Yay," I said, with no emotion behind my statement.

"Hey! Did you go back on the website and talk to more of your matches like I told you to?"

"No. I took the test again under a new account. I actually put some thought into it this time. It took forever, but I have a good feeling about it."

"Oh, well that's good. How long ago did you take it?"

"About three hours ago."

"Well get your ass online and check for matches."

"It takes longer than three hours to come up with matches."

"Not anymore. I did my research on this E-Harmony site, and from what I can see, they are really doing a lot of improvements. Besides letting homosexual people use it, they have made the whole matchmaking process a lot faster."

I sighed and walked over to my computer.

"Okay, Mikey, I'll go check," I said.

"Good. I'll talk to you soon," said Mikey.

"Okay. 'Bye."

"'Bye."

We hung-up.

Once I was on the site, I checked. I already had five matches: Joseph, Anton, Rich, Brady, and Frank.

Where the hell should I start?

I looked at the profiles of all of the matches. There was only one that appealed to me, and it was Frank's. The answer to the question about his hobbies and outlook on love are what appealed to me the most:

I enjoy listening to music and playing guitar. I am in a band called Pency Prep. I also enjoy different type of artwork, and I have a lot of tattoos largely because of that.

Then there was his outlook on love:

To me, love is something that can last forever if both people are committed. When I say I am going to be with you, I mean it with everything I have and wouldn't cheat on you for anything. There is more to love than just sex, and I want to be with someone who appreciates that. I'm really affectionate and like to be affectionate with my partner. I'm really corny and romantic and I'm not afraid to admit it.

My heart nearly melted when I read that. I would certainly be affectionate with him and cuddle him and hold him. And…He wasn't sex-hungry. That was really hard to find in someone these days…Plus, he admitted his corniness, and I loved that.

As for his hobbies, the man played guitar. That was hot. Plus, he was in a band. And he had…Tattoos? I loved a guy with tattoos, even though I would never get any myself. I didn't think that I could find anyone like that on this site. Hopefully he wasn't some huge motorcycle dude, though.

I decided to take my chances.

I looked at his contact information and decided to e-mail him.

I was really curious as to what this guy looked like. Maybe I could find a picture of him.

I went to a website for local New York City bands and searched Pency Prep.

There wasn't anything, however.

"Oh well," I said, going back to E-Harmony.

Frank had written back! He said:

Hi Gerard. You are my first new match in a long time. It's really nice to hear from you. I was looking at your answers and things like that and it looks like we have a lot in common. I would love to meet up with you sometime.

I smiled widely.

"I'd like to meet up with you too, baby," I said out loud as I wrote back.

It was really nice to hear from you too. I would love to meet up with you as well. When are you free? Is there any place specific that you had in mind?

I was getting really excited; More excited than I was when I had heard from Jake for the first time.

Frank wrote back:

I am free all of the time, practically. If you're not busy, I would love to meet up tonight. I haven't gotten out in a long time and I am getting a bit restless. Do you know where Connolly's Pub is? I hear that they have really good food there and I have been dying to eat there.

I replied to him:

I eat there all the time! The food is amazing! I go to the one on sixth avenue, is that the one that you are talking about?

Frank answered:

Yup, that's the one. Would it be okay if we met there?

I replied:

That's fine. What time is good for you?

To which Frank replied:

Um…Hmm…How about around seven? Is that okay for you?

I answered:

That's more than okay. That sounds great. I can't wait to meet you. I'll see you then.

Frank didn't answer, so I took that as a sign to get my ass up and start getting ready. I had to look ten times better than I did for my other date.

I got in the shower and spent about forty-five minutes in there. I then put on my now-clean black dress shirt on again. I know, I know, I had worn that on my previous date, but it was one of the few nice dress shirts that I had.

I had to iron my pants, however. They were really wrinkled.

I got in front of the mirror and took out my eyeliner. I carefully did both of my eyes, and then I put some on my eyelids, too.

"Should I wear cologne?" I asked out loud to myself.

I didn't want it to seem like I was trying too hard. However, I didn't want to smell bad. But then again, I had just gotten out of the shower.

"Grr!" I said out loud.

I needed to calm down. I was going to get all sweaty, and then I would start to smell. I couldn't have that.

I thought about what Frank looked like. I hoped to God that he was cute. I didn't want to be shallow or anything, but I did want to be somewhat attracted to the guy that I might be dating.

I had a really good feeling about Frank, though. I hoped that things could work out.

I soon got into my car. That's right. I would be driving to this date. I didn't have the money for a taxi, and I didn't want to unimpress Frank the way I had Jake.

I hummed nervously to myself the whole way there.

I arrived at the pub, my heart pounding. I found a parking spot and swiftly walked into the pub.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was a man that was sitting at one of those long counters with the high chairs. He was gorgeous. He had brown hair that came down a little past his ears, was wearing a nice black long-sleeved shirt and from what I could see, he was a bit short. Not too short, though. I hoped to God that this was Frank, because this man was beautiful.

Something inside me fluttered.

I slowly walked towards him. The closer I got, the more I could see of him. He had two tattoos on his neck, and some on his fingers. Maybe this really was Frank.

The guy looked up at me when he realized that I was looking at him. My eyes met his beautiful green ones. The guy had a bit of a surprised look on his face. He looked at me up and down really quick before his eyes met mine again.

"Are you Gerard?" he asked.

I smiled widely involuntarily.

"Yeah," I said softly.

The man that I now knew was Frank smiled and got down from the chair. He held out his hand.

"I'm Frank Iero," he said.

I took his hand and gripped it firmly and shook it.

"I'm Gerard Way," I said.

Frank smiled and we didn't take our eyes off each other. As weird as it sounds, I felt just like Sam had said that he had felt about his wife in Sleepless in Seattle. As I held Frank's hand, it felt like…Magic.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi," said Frank, still smiling, and not letting go of my hand, even though we had stopped shaking them. "It's so nice to meet you."

I continued to keep my eyes glued to his, not wanting to ever seperate my eyes from his eyes, or my hand from his hand.

"You too," I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're looking to read another Frerard story to read, you should check out A Frerard Story, a joint story that I am writing with XsyrupX. We are alternating on chapters, and I have already written two, so I think that we have some four chapters out already.

As for this story, I will get the next chapter out as soon as I can. I'm sorry for ending it so abruptly right when they met. :I