Romance

Chapter 5

Gerard Way's Point of View

Frank and I finished our food. The salads that I so loved at the restaurant were the last thing on my mind, though. The amazing man that was sitting beside me at the counter was the only thing that had my full attention.

I didn't want to stare at Frank, because I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. However, I also wanted to look at him and make eye contact with him, because he was just so beautiful. He was something that just had to be looked at.

"That was really good," said Frank, referring to the salad.

"I know, aren't they great?" I asked, my mind being forced to go to the food. "I eat here all the time."

"I can see why."

I smiled.

The waiter, seeing that Frank and I were done, came over and asked if we would like anything else.

"Um…I'm good," said Frank.

"Me too," I said. "Can we just have the bill?"

"Sure," said the waiter, pulling a piece of paper off of his pad of other paper. He quickly added up our total and handed it to Frank, because he was the one who arrived first, I'm guessing.

"Thanks," said Frank.

"You're welcome. Have a good night," said the waiter.

"You too," I said.

Frank reached into his pocket.

"I got this," he said.

"No, I got this," I said.

"No, I got it, I swear. It's alright. It was my idea to eat here, and plus, he gave me the bill. It's just over ten dollars, don't worry about it. I have it."

I narrowed my eyes at Frank, causing him to giggle. That caused me to smile.

"Fine," I said. "I've got the tip, then."

"Oh, alright," said Frank, in a pretend-annoyed way.

I smiled and reached into my pocket for a few one dollar bills. (Three, to be exact.) I put it under my glass so the waiter could find it. I showed Frank the register that you could pay at, and then we paid the bill.

"So," I said, as Frank and I left the restaurant, "would you like to come over to my place for a little bit?"

"Um, sure," said Frank.

I noticed a cute little smile on his face as he answered. He was smiling to himself, which made the butterflies that had already inhabited my stomach go crazy.

"Cool," I said.

Frank and I opened the door and a rush of cool air hit us both, and it felt really good, because my body was all hot because of the fact that I was around a man that I was oh-so interested in.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I brought my car," said Frank.

"Me too. Do you think you could stay behind me?"

"I should be able to. Which car is yours?"

"This one," I said, walking a little to the right and pointing to my car.

"That's good, because mine is right behind yours," said Frank.

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Wow. That's really lucky."

"I know."

I looked at Frank, who looked at his car for a few seconds before looking at me. I smiled at him.

"Okay, so uh…I'll lead you to my apartment then," I said.

"Okay," said Frank.

I walked a bit closer to Frank and took him into my arms. He held me back and we stood there in a brief embrace. I loved having him hug me. It made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.,.It was magic.

We let go of each other.

"I'll see you there," I said.

"Okay," said Frank.

So much of me wanted to kiss him. Even if it was just on the cheek or on the head. I didn't want to move all that fast, though, so I resisted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that was kind of a filler, but here's the deal. The next chapter is already written, so if you guys are lucky, I'll post the other one later on tonight. I'm sorry to be a tease, but I can't help myself sometimes.

Thank you guys for all of your support with this story. It means a lot.