Romance

Chapter 7

Frank Iero's Point of View

I couldn't believe that this gorgeous man had just kissed me. It was so surreal; I was waiting for someone to wake me up. No one did, though.

+

I was usually good at Guitar Hero, but this time, as I played in Gerard's living room, my mind was too wrapped up on Gerard that I sucked ass. I didn't even make it through a song.

I was so embarrassed.

"Oh man, I suck," I said softly, putting the guitar down.

"It's okay, that happens to me too, sometimes," said Gerard, not taking his eyes off me.

I avoided looking at him, because my face was probably red from extreme embarrassment.

"I'm supposed to be a guitar player, though," I insisted, sitting on the couch.

There was a small silence.

"I'll be right back," said Gerard.

Gerard left the room.

I just sat there on the couch looking around his very modern-looking apartment. I tried to concentrate on the things that were around me, but instead, I mentally beat myself up for sucking so much at the game and I could just picture what was going through Gerard's mind.

I soon got attentive and noticed that the beautiful man was coming out of his room with a guitar case in his hand.

"I wasn't sure if I still had this or if I sold it in a garage sale when I still lived in Jersey," said Gerard, sitting down next to me.

"Do you play?" I asked, a bit puzzled.

Gerard shook his head.

"I was hoping you could play something," said Gerard. "I've never really seen anyone play a guitar before besides on T.V."

I kind of felt uneasy. Did Gerard want me to prove to him that I could play guitar because I sucked at Guitar Hero?

"Um," I said.

"I mean, I don't want to put you on the spot or anything, you don't have to if you don't want to," said Gerard, sensing my uneasiness.

"No, I'll do it."

Gerard smiled and it was enough to make my lips curl into a smile, as well. Gerard didn't see though because he was busy getting the guitar out of it's case. It was just a normal-looking guitar, nothing fancy. I put the case on the floor.

"I can play, you know," I said softly, saying my thoughts as I put the strap over my head. "I may suck at Guitar Hero, but-"

Gerard's eyes widened.

"Oh my God, no! I wasn't insinuating that I didn't think that you couldn't play, I swear," said Gerard, completely taken aback by what I had said.

He clearly was not thinking what I was thinking…Something that made me feel stupid all over again.

"Oh," I said softly. "I'm sorry."

I felt Gerard put his arm around my back and he pulled me against his side. I pushed myself against him, showing that if I could, I would've put my arm around him, as well. It would just be hard to do that because of the fact that I had a bulky guitar on my lap.

Gerard kissed my temple extremely lightly, and the sound that his lips made was enough to turn me on just a bit, as well as to make me want to kiss him on the lips again. I was distracted from doing that, though, because I could feel his warm breath on the side of my head.

"Um," I said, "do you have a pick?"

"Yeah," said Gerard, removing his arm from around me and reached into the case that was on the floor. He came back up and handed me the pick.

"Thanks," I said.

"You're welcome."

I uneasily put my fingers in position, and then I remembered.

"What would you like me to play?" I asked.

"Hmm…Um…I'm not sure," said Gerard.

"Hmm…"

I thought for a few seconds. I didn't want to play a stupid, cheesy love song. Of course, I wouldn’t mind doing that for Gerard, of course, but I didn't want him to think that I was a freak. I wasn't sure if I was ready for him to know that I was falling in love with him, even though I had just met him, either. I also wasn't sure if one of the Pency Prep songs would be appropriate for this, so I was pretty much stuck.

"Why don't you play the first song that you ever learned?" suggested Gerard.

I smiled.

"I can do that," I said.

The pressure soon lifted off my shoulders. Gerard had unknowingly made this suddenly really easy for me.

I played four notes, and then played them again, and I started to get into the actual song.

"I fuckin' love this song!" exclaimed Gerard.

I smiled as I played, paying attention to what my hands were doing, although I knew the song by heart. I didn't want to look at Gerard as I played because his amazing face would screw me up, and I had already made a fool out of myself enough for one night.

The song that I was playing was Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day.

I could feel Gerard's eyes glued to me as I played. I didn't sing, because my singing voice sounded like that of a pre-pubesant boy that had just gotten his tonsils taken out. My voice would've squeaked terribly because of nervousness and it would also sound pathetic as I would try to hit the low notes.

Nope. Playing the guitar was fine for me, and I hoped that Gerard would enjoy it, as well.

The song soon ended.

"Wow," said Gerard. "That was beautiful."

"Thanks," I said. "It's a really easy song to play, though. Anyone can play it."

"I can't play it," said Gerard.

I looked into his hazel eyes and smiled.

"I'm glad you liked it," I said.

I took the guitar strap off of me, feeling thankful that Gerard hadn't asked me why I didn't sing.

I put the guitar in it's case along with the pick.

"Just shove it under the table," said Gerard, leaning down with me and pushing the open guitar case under the coffee table, even though he was telling me to do it as he himself did it.

We both sat up again and Gerard hugged me. I hugged him back tightly. Gerard pulled away a bit from the hug and I unexpectedly saw him lean in towards me. I just had time to close my eyes, and next thing I knew, his lips were attached to mine. He held them there for a second or two and then pulled away. He then continued hugging me.

It was crazy how the slightest touch from him was able to send waves of electricity through my body.

Gerard was holding me in a really tight embrace.

"Frank," he said softly, "I'm beginning to think you're perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, I am such a loser sometimes. (More like all the time.) XD

Sorry for the week-long wait.