Romance

Chapter 9

Gerard Way's Point of View

Even though I knew that Frank liked me, I felt somewhat scared to call him the next day. I had no idea why. It was almost as if I was afraid his tough Father that he didn't have would answer and interrogate me or something.

That couldn't happen though, because Frank lived alone.

Finally, after a good ten minutes of mindlessly pacing around my apartment and talking to myself, I gathered enough courage to call him up.

I found myself giggling stupidly a lot for no reason, even when he wasn't trying to be funny. I almost forgot the reason that I had been calling for: To ask where we would be going that night. We both agreed that we didn't want to go to a fancy place like the pub again. We decided just to go to a normal restaurant that was near my apartment. After that we started talking about random things, and ended up talking for about forty-five minutes. Frank then said that he had to go because he had a rehearsal to go to. I didn't want to hang-up with him, but I had to.

I didn't know what to do with myself after that. It was way too early to start getting ready. I could pick out something to wear, though. That was more than likely going to take awhile.

I went into my bedroom and opened my closet. I looked through all of the shirts. I wasn't sure what the fuck I was supposed to wear. I didn't want to wear a band shirt. That would make me look like I was trying to look cool. I didn't want to go with a plain black shirt either, because Frank had worn that and I didn't want him to think that I was copying him.

I sighed.

"What the fuck should I wear?" I whined.

The phone rang.

I dashed out in the living room for it, hoping it was Frank.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey," said Mikey on the other line.

"Oh. Hi Mikey."

"What do you mean 'Oh'?"

"I thought you were Frank."

"Aww! Is Gerard falling in love with Frank?"

I felt myself blush.

"Gerard already fell in love with Frank," I said.

"Aww, that is cute. I want to meet him," said Mikey.

"Well, I don't mind if you meet him, just not so soon."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want him to think that I'm rushing things."

"Oh, so you aren't going to do him yet, then?"

"Mikey, I’m serious."

"Well so am I."

"I don't want him to think that I'm throwing sex at him. We don't even have to have sex if he doesn’t want to."

"Good, because you don't know anything about gay sex."

"Well neither do you, straight boy!"

Mikey just laughed, but I wasn't joking. I hated how he threw my virginity in my face.

I told him that I had to go soon after and that. I didn't tell him that it was to choose an outfit, though. I soon settled on jeans and a hoodie. I didn't pick super-tight jeans, either.

I got in the shower and then spent what seemed like forever on my hair. I wanted to look good. I didn't expect to be a bombshell, but still. I wanted Frank to be attracted to me. I wanted to have a little more confidence, even though that wasn't a problem the night before.

--

Frank looked better than I could've ever imagined.

When I saw him waiting outside his building for me, I thought that I was going to get a full-blown erection. He had a black and red striped shirt on and these black jeans that weren't that tight, but they still made his ass look really good.

I got out and walked over to the passenger seat.

"Hi," I said, smiling.

"Hey," said Frank, kind of looking confused as to why I had gotten out of the car and left it running.

I walked up to him and hugged him. Frank hugged me back.

"How are you?" I asked, resting my chin on his shoulder.

Frank mumbled something.

"Hmm?" I asked, moving my head and looking down at him.

"I said that I'm good," said Frank, looking up at me.

God, his eyes were something amazing. They looked like glass.

"Oh," I said softly.

Frank smiled.

I continued hugging him and I felt his nose on the side of my neck. I was hoping with everything I had that he would kiss it, but he didn't.

The long hug ended, and I Frank and I smiled at each other before I opened the door to the passenger seat for him.

"Thanks," said Frank, smiling and getting in the car.

"You're welcome," I said.

I instinctively glanced down at his ass. It was almost as good to look at as his eyes. I closed the door behind him and went around to the driver's seat. I could feel Frank glance at me as I got in and shut the door.

"Did you have any trouble getting here?" asked Frank, "or why my directions good?"

"They were fine, I got here okay. They were good and specific," I said.

"Okay, because I usually suck at giving directions."

"Well you didn't this time."

Frank giggled and got his seatbelt on. I got mine on as well, although I had wanted to lean over and kiss him on the lips, but I guess I would have to wait until later for that.

Finding a parking spot wasn't as easy as it had been the night before when I got to the restaurant. I managed to find one, though, after some searching. Frank and I got out of the car. I walked around to the sidewalk and walked beside Frank, who crossed his arms.

"You cold?" I asked.

"A little," said Frank. "I'm good though. I always seem to be a little colder when I'm outside for some reason."

"Are you a vampire or something?" I kidded.

"If you asked me that when I was ten I probably would've said yes."

I laughed, and I couldn't contain myself anymore. I put my arm around his shoulders and pulled him toward me to kiss his cheek. Frank smiled and put his arm around my lower back.

"You look really cute, by the way," he said.

I pressed my cheek to his as we walked.

"So do you," I said.

He didn't feel that cold to me.

We got seats in the restaurant pretty quickly, and it was pretty hard for me to keep my eyes off of Frank. He looked really tense as he looked at the menu. He put it down in front of him and used his right hand to pull the sleeve of his shirt to cover that hand in a fidgety way.

"Do you come here a lot?" I asked.

"Not really," said Frank. "I don't know what to get."

"Me either," I said. "My brother said that the steak here is really good. Apparently they are famous for them or something. I'm not that big of a steak person, though…"

There I go. Rambling again.

I looked at the menu again looking at what the beverages were.

"Um," said Frank. "I'm kind of a vegetarian."

"I know," I said, looking at him. "It said so on your profile."

"Oh."

Frank looked really embarrassed by the whole situation.

"Is it something that embarrasses you?" I asked.

Frank just shrugged.

"Hey," I said softly, reaching my hand across the table and taking his tattoo-covered hand. "Look at me. I don't care what your eating habits are. I really, really, really like you, Frank."

"I really like you too," said Frank. "It's just…I'm waiting for you to say something."

"Say something about what?"

Frank sighed.

"Well, whenever I tell another gay guy that I'm a vegetarian, they always throw that stupid joke at me," said Frank.

"What joke?" I asked, completely bewildered.

"That I don't like meat."

I thought about it for a few seconds.

"Oh," I said, smirking slightly.

"Yeah," said Frank, as if to say that he told me so.

"I wouldn't say something disrespectful like that. Besides, I never really saw the comparison between penises and meat."

Frank laughed.

"Me either, actually," said Frank. "I guess because…It's big? I don't know."

"I have no fuckin' clue," I said, smiling because of the fact that I loved his laugh.

I let go of his hand and walked over to Frank's side of the booth. I sat down next to him and put my arm around him.

"I'm sitting by you," I said, smiling.

Frank smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. I squeezed him lightly against me and kissed the top of his head.

There was a small silence.

"I still have no idea what I want," said Frank, sitting up straight again.

"Well," I said, removing my arm from around him, "we could always get a pizza. They sell those here."

"That sounds good."

The waiter came and took our order. When he left, Frank gently ran his finger around my collar bone. I had no idea why, but it was really sweet. I looked at his neck and how he had two tattoos on it, one on each side. I found that unbelievably hot.

As soon as Frank's eyes met mine, I leaned down and gently pecked his lips, Frank returning the kiss. I wanted to kiss him more than that, but I didn't want to hear any homophobic slurs. Not this early in our relationship.

Relationship…Wait. Were Frank and I even a couple? This was only our second date and I hadn't asked him to be my boyfriend yet. We weren't friends with benefits, were we? No. We weren't having sex. I knew that Frank wanted a relationship with me, though, because he wouldn't be here with me if he didn't want one, right?

Frank smiled and looked down. His smile was the cutest thing ever. It was almost as if kissing me was the best thing that had ever happened to him. Also as if he never thought that anyone would kiss him or something.

It made me want to kiss him again, but that's when the waiter arrived with our drinks. I would have to wait until later to kiss Frank again.