Nasty Habits.

Save It For The Bedroom.

Max rolled over and buried his face in the soft white pillow. His eyes flew open when he felt the warm contact of another’s skin against his bare waist. He turned over again and saw Josh asleep on the adjacent pillow. His eyes widened in horror as he realised what must have happened last night.

He unhooked Josh’s arm from around his waist and laid it down on the bed gently. He flipped his legs over the side of the bed and hastily grabbed his boxers from the floor, pulling them on before grabbing his jeans and t shirt and adding those to the rushed ensemble.

He walked away from the bunk area and to the kitchenette, ignoring the various grunts and snores from behind the curtains. After flicking the kettle on, he seized a polystyrene cup from the cupboards. The caterers’ were cheap on the Forever the Sickest Kids tour, and Max wasn’t too happy about it.

He threw a few spoons of coffee into the cup while he waited for the kettle to boil, but wandered off to the bathroom. He caught sight of his reflection in the mirror and groaned in disgust.

“This is the last thing I need today,” He whined, ruffling his orange hair angrily and glaring at his reflection in the mirror. There were darks rings beneath his eyes, looking even darker because of his pale complexion. It was clear that he hadn’t slept much at all last night.

Vague memories of the afore mentioned night drifted around in Max’s brain, including that of screaming Josh’s name into a pillow so no one else would hear. Another groan escaped his lips and he heard the kettle switch itself off. He darted back and poured the steaming hot water into the waiting cup and pulled some milk from within the fridge. He added a little and stirred it with the nearest spoon that came to hand. He quickly shoved the milk away and picked up his hurriedly made drink, before wandering back through the untidy living area and out through the bus door.

He sat down with his back against the front right-hand wheel, wincing slightly - his ass hurt - , his knees together and his feet splaying wide on the concrete car park. He stared into the coffee cup, the creamy brown liquid wavering within the foamy walls of its polystyrene prison. He supped the hot coffee complacently, even though it burned his throat slightly.
In his mind, Max was running through every possibility that might have lead to the events of last night. As far as he knew, Josh was straight. Or, so far in the closet that if he took one more step then he’d be in the wonderful world of Narnia. Max on the other hand, was openly bisexual, with absolutely no feelings for Josh aside from the best friend thing. He could only guess that alcohol had been thrown into the mix in plentiful amounts for anything to happen.

He looked across the car park and saw Caleb opening the door of the headliner’s bus, stretching his arms and yawning widely. As far as Max knew, from conversations with Austin and Kyle, Caleb was gay. When Max had asked him about it, Caleb had just nodded quickly and then left it at that. Max downed the last of his coffee and threw the polystyrene cup under the bus. It was turning into a bit of a rubbish dump under there, and there were plenty more cups where that one came from.

His plan was to go talk to Caleb about it, maybe try and get some advice on the whole situation. He stood up and waved madly across at Caleb. He saw and grinned at his younger friend before waving back.

“CALEB!” Max shouted, jogging to the centre of the distance between the two buses.

“MAXIE!” Caleb yelled back, doing the same and squishing his friend in a massive hug.

“Good morning?” Caleb asked, letting Max breathe.

“Uh, not exactly…” Max said hesitantly, ruffling his hair. Caleb raised an auburn eyebrow at him.

“Care to enlighten me?” Caleb asked after a few seconds.

“Okay, but don’t shoot me…” Max sighed, staring down at his shoes. Old dirty Converse he’d had for about two years now. He’s surprised they still fit. Caleb cocked his head to one side, as if to say ‘Would I?’

“Uh…,” Max said, wondering where to begin “I kind of… sort of… slept with Josh…” He looked up at Caleb worriedly, scared about his reaction. His eyes widened and he blinked slowly.

“Whoa,” Caleb said quietly after a few moments “Wasn’t expecting that when I woke up this morning…”

“Neither was I.” Max replied shakily “For all these years I thought he was straight…” Caleb felt the sadness in his friend’s voice and instinctively threw his arms around him, comforting him as best as he could.

“Shush now, Max, it’ll all be okay.” Caleb whispered soothingly, rubbing his friends’ back gently. He felt the younger man shake his head against his chest.

“No it won’t.” Max said, his voice muffled by Caleb’s chest “What happens when Josh wakes up?”

“He won’t remember anything.” Caleb attempted to convince Max, even though Josh would probably remember everything.

“Yes he will.” Max sighed, looking up at Caleb, tears starting to touch his pale cheeks. Caleb reached out and gently wiped them away with his thumb.

“You don’t know that.” Caleb reasoned, looking down at his English friend.

“I know, but I can’t risk it…” Max whispered, starting to cry into Caleb’s chest “I think I’ll leave tonight…”

“What?” Caleb asked, shocked “You are not leaving Max, I won’t let you.” He placed his hands lightly on Max’s shoulders. Max stared back at him, tears pouring over his cheeks. He shook himself away from Caleb and began to walk away. Caleb walked after him, not dropping the subject at all.

“I won’t let you Max.” He insisted, falling into step beside his younger friend “They need you.”

“What for?” Max sobbed “A quick fuck. That’s all.” He threw open the bus door and stalked through the bus to the bunks. Chris, who was seated on the sofas and attempting to nurse a bad hangover, winced at the noise and rubbed his head. Caleb shot him an apologetic look before following Max. He was throwing clothes and other stuff into a backpack.

“Max, you can’t honestly want to do this.” Caleb stated. Max looked up at him and nodded, which Caleb took to mean ‘Actually, I do.’

“I’ll play the show tonight, but I won’t be here tomorrow morning.” Max told Caleb quietly.

“Are you positive about this?” Caleb asked again. Max nodded in reply.

“If you’re worried about Josh, then you can stay on our bus.” Caleb suggested, turning to walk away. Max shoved his bag onto the bed and pulled the curtain across.

“I think I cope.” He said quietly, moving to stand next to Caleb “But thanks for the offer.”

“Will I see you again before tonight?” Caleb asked, swallowing his breath.

“Probably not.” Max informed him. Caleb sighed sadly and made a move to leave.

“Caleb.” Max shouted after him. He turned around, pushing his auburn fringe away from his eyes.

“Yeah?” He asked softly. Max walked over to him and wrapped him in a massive hug.

“Thanks for everything.” Max whispered, letting Caleb go. The elder sighed and walked away from Max slowly. He opened the door and whispered “See you around, Max.” before leaving.

He ignored Chris as he left the bus and crossed the car park to his band’s bus. Kent was deep in discussion with Matt, and when they saw Caleb they waved, but left it that. He threw the door opened and slammed it shut after him.

“Jesus Caleb, what’s wrong with you?” Marc asked from the sofa. Caleb glared at him and stalked away into the bunk area.

He had a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
This one should be interesting... Hehe.
xx
S