Where Will I Be When I Wake up Next to a Stranger

I'm In Love With My Own Sins

On November 20th, Katherine got a call from Lindsey, asking if she was willing to testify in an open court if necessary.

“O-of course. When’s the trial?” Katherine asked as she stirred macaroni in a big pot.
“We’re hoping for Friday but I’m not all too sure. We’ll keep you updated though, alright?” Lindsey replied as they both said their goodbyes.
“Who was that mama?” Amity asked as she tugged on Katherine’s sweats.
“Just a friend. Be careful, the stove is hot remember?” Katherine reminded her daughter as she continued sitting macaroni.
“Was it peener?” Amity giggled and hid her face in her mom’s sweats.
“No it wasn’t Peter. Why do you think of these weird things child?” Katherine played with her, and danced a little, making Amity flail around and giggle.
“Because he has a crush on you, I can tell.” Amity nodded as she said this.
“Oh really, well miss Amity, what else can you tell me about Peter?” Katherine asked her as she poured the macaroni in a strainer, getting the milk and butter out.
“That he’s standing outside the door.” Amity said nonchalantly as Katherine dropped the pot and spoon in the sink and rushed to the front door.
“Jesus, you’re shaking, get in here.” Katherine ordered as he was visibly shaking.
“So d-demanding.” Peter said through his chattering teeth.
“Sit by the fire place, my gosh.” Katherine sighed as she made him sit on the couch.
“I’m really sorry, Amity should of told me you were here…” Katherine gushed as she gave him a blanket.
“It’s fine. I’m fine. We’re all fine.” Peter assured her, placing his hand on hers.
“I’ll be right back.” Katherine smiled at him, leaving him on the couch in the living room to tend to dinner.

Katherine took out the pigs in a blanket and mixed together the macaroni.

“Amity can you give mommy your plate?” Katherine asked of her daughter.

But when there was no response, she asked a little bit louder before hearing her giggle from the living room.

“Doggies do not come in blue.” Katherine overheard her daughter as she saw Peter and her laying on the floor coloring.
“The do too, I’ve seen’em.” Peter argued with her childishly as he filled in the rest of the dog he was coloring a turquoise blue.
“Amity, dinner is done.” Katherine announce, as they both got up.

Katherine fixed Amity’s place and went into her father’s room to tell him dinner was done, but to get in return that he wasn’t hungry.

“So, what are ya here for Wentz?” Katherine asked him quietly as Amity ate her food.
“I was gonna ask you out on another date, but if your busy its fine.” Peter told her as she smiled.
“No, I’m not busy. I’ll just change and -”
“No, no you look perfect.” Peter smiled as Katherine blushed and looked at her attire.

Dark grey sweats, a white v-neck shirt, and a zip up hoodie.

“I’m just gonna go put on something warmer. Be right down.” Katherine smiled as she rushed into her room and put a long sleeved Ed Hardy shirt on with her black pea coat hoodie.

She rushed back downstairs, explaining to her dad that she would be out for a while.

“I’ll be home soon hun, are you done?” Katherine asked Amity as she ate the last few bites of her macaroni.
“Yep, and mama can I have an ice cream later?” Amity asked as Katherine rinsed off the dirty dishes.
“Of course, but come over here.” Katherine told her daughter as she dried her hands.

She hugged and kissed her daughter, telling her goodnight. Mr. Wentz was leaning against the wall, smiling to himself as he watched this take place. Amity made herself comfortable on the couch as Katherine popped in The Lion King, making her final touches of motherly love. She yet against kissed Amity and went on her way with Peter.

“Another surprise tonight?” Katherine asked as the yboth walked down the driveway.
“Of course, when is it never? I thought we’d walk this time.” Pete shrugged, as they made their way to the heart of the city on foot.

Pete grabbed her hand as they silently walked through Chicago. They finally stopped at a pizzeria, Pete grinning from ear to ear as they walked in.

“I thought we should eat some real pizza before going anywhere.” Pete said as he found them a booth and they say down.

They ordered a combo and some sodas, silently sitting across from each other.

“I like your hoodie.” Katherine smiled as she didn’t really know what to say.
“I like you.” Pete told her as he folded his arms in front of him.
“Well I like you too.” Katherine agreed as their sodas arrived.
“So no jumping into foam pits tonight?” Katherine asked as Peter smiled.
“Nah, no jumping into foam pits tonight.” Peter nodded to himself as he drank down his soda.
“You’re gonna like it, I promise.” Pete told her as the pizza arrived, hot and fresh.
“Chicago pizza is the best pizza it beats New York any day.” He explained to Katherine as she quirked an eyebrow.
“Well what if California’s pizza is better, but we just don’t know it?” Katherine asked him as she ripped off a piece.
“Doubt it.” He said as he shoved a big bite into his mouth.
“They probably do have better pizza, and you’re just sitting here thinking this pizza is the shit.” Katherine sighed as she played with him.
“I’ll prove it one day. Chicago pizza is the best pizza around.” Pete told her as he went for his second slice.
“Uh-huh.” Katherine nodded as Pete narrowed his eyes at her.
“Your sarcasm isn’t needed Ms. Wiley.” Pete mentioned as Katherine snorted and covered her mouth.
“Shush Wentz, and hurry up and eat. I want to get to this surprise.” Katherine pushed him as she finished all she was gonna eat.
“Let’s go then.” Pete said as he threw a twenty on the table, grabbing two slices for the road.
“I would hold your hand, but it’s full of pizza.” Katherine smiled as they made their way out of the pizzeria.
“That’ll change in about 5 minutes.” Pete told her as he shoved half of a piece in his mouth.

5 minutes later, Pete wiped his hands on his pants and grabbed Katherine’s hand as they walked through down town Chicago.

“Oh you are such a boy.” Katherine rolled her eyes as he grinned like a little boy.
“So how far away is this – Hey what are we stopping here for?” Katherine asked as they stood in front of Wrigley Field.
“You ever been in there?” Peter asked her as they walked to the far side of the field.
“Not for a while. Why?” Katherine asked hesitantly as he seemed to be searching for something.
“You wanna go now?” He asked her as they stood in front of a flimsy chain linked fence.
“Are you crazy?” She asked in a whisper as she looked around to make sure no one was around them.
“Probably, but don’t you want to do something adventurous, especially with me?” Pete winked at her as Katherine sighed to herself and took a deep breath.
“If we get caught Peter, I will kill you.” Katherine sighed as she started to climb over the fence and hopped to the ground on the other side.
“Don’t worry. Patrick and I use to do this all the time.” Peter assured her as he climbed over as well.
“You and Patrick are pretty close, huh?” Katherine asked as she linked their arms together and they walked through the dimly lit hallways.
“Yeah. He’s my best friend. We’ve been through a lot. The kinda shit that just makes you best friends, ya know?” Peter explained as they walked into section B and walked down each row, walking towards the Chicago Cubs’ dugout.
“Yeah. Like me and Jonathon. We’ve been best friends for a while too. He’s basically like a brother…We look out for each other and shit like that.” Katherine explained to him as they sat in seats right behind the dugout.
“I was surprised that you have a guy as a best friend. I mean, not that it bothers me or anything, but usually girls have girl best friends, ya know? But I guess that’s another thing different about you.” Peter smiled as he wrapped his arm around her.

Katherine took the initiative and curled into his body, despite the armrest separating the two. They sat there talking about their friends, similarities, and differences, and music till the moon was at its highest point in the sky.

“Have you ever been on that field?” Katherine asked him as they still sat in their original position.
“Actually, no I haven’t been on that field.” Pete said as he looked down at her.
“Well what are we waiting for, Mr. Adventurer.” Katherine smiled at him as she hopped up and pulled him with her.

Katherine looked for a way down, but opted to climb off of the dug out. She carefully climbed off of the dug out and hopped onto the dusty dirt, making sure Pete did exactly what she did. As he was safely down and standing next to her, he laughed with excitement as Katherine giggled at him. Pete didn’t hesitate to run to the batter’s box and pretend to hit and start jogging around the bases. Katherine laughed to herself and walked to the pitcher’s mound. As Pete rounded third, Katherine overheard him talking to himself. “And Peter Wentz with a grand slam, the crowd is going crazy.” Katherine laughed louder than she intended when he threw his arms in the air and made cheering noises.

“Good hit Mr. Wentz.” Katherine smiled as he walked towards her.
“I know right, it was way out there.” He agreed as he wrapped his arms around her.
“The crowd went crazy.” Katherine giggled as he agreed again.
“They love me.” Peter concluded as Katherine buried her face in his chest.
“Hey look, the stars are out…Odd.” Pete said as Katherine looked up at them with him.
“With a full moon too, perfect.” Katherine smiled as they both kept on star gazing.

Suddenly there was a shooting star and they both looked at each other.

“Make a wish.” Pete said quietly as they both closed their eyes.

When they both opened them again their faces were extremely close, but they did not move. Pete was inching their faces closer before a bright light shined on them.

“Hey!” A loud voice yelled as Katherine and Peter booked it towards the outfield.
“Stop right now!” The voice demanded as it chased them.
“This way.” Peter said as he grabbed Katherine’s hand and led them through some secret door in the wall.

They ran up one flight of stairs and ended up in the dimly lit hallways again. Peter pulled Katherine into a dark spot behind a wall and they both quietly waited for the night guard to run by. Once he did and he was a good length away, they ran back to that flimsy chain linked fence and climbed back over, safely making it on the other side. They both walked fast, away from the field and made sure no one was following them. Katherine started to giggle lightly, making Peter chuckle, then they both full out laughed, leaning against some random building.

“That was so fucking close.” Katherine mumbled as she tried to catch her breath.
“I concur.” Peter nodded as he leaned his head against the building, also trying to catch his breath.

Katherine grabbed his hand as she waited on him to be done.

“Is it time to go home?” Peter questioned as they started to walk in the general direction to her house.
“I should be getting home soon, so yes…” Katherine sighed as she shoved her free hand in her hoodie pocket.
“Question, if today is Wednesday, then why aren’t you working?” Peter asked suddenly as they passed the, now closed, pizzeria.
“I called in sick.” Katherine told him as she fake coughed and grinned.
“Ah, I got a little liar on my hands.” Pete played as she scoffed.
“Just think, if I didn’t call in sick we wouldn’t be on this date right now.” Katherine challenged as he thought for a moment.
“Alright fine, I’m glad you called in sick, even though it makes you a little liar.” Pete shrugged and laughed when Katherine punched his arm.

They approached Katherine’s house not too long after and Pete walked her up to the door.

“Thank you Peter, for another fun date. I believe this is where I tell you goodnight.” Katherine smiled as she gave Peter a hug.

Peter gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and told her goodnight and walked off. Katherine had hardly noticed that he kissed her until he was gone and her lips were tingling. She walked inside the house and sighed as she closed the door. Her back pressed against the door as she leaned her head back. what am I getting myself into? She asked herself as she locked the front door and made her way upstairs for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3.